Chapter 43

After doing your hair, applying some make-up and sliding on some black skinny jeans, a white vest top and Dan's baggy, black jacket, you straighten out the duvet on the bed and then walk over to window, staring out into a grey-skied London. You sigh at the clouds and wonder why they always seem to be covering the sky recently. It's like they are trying to make you more depressed then you already are.

"Damn you clouds." You curse, shaking your head.

"What did the clouds ever do to you?"

You're angry facial expression drops and you spin around to see Dan smirking in the doorway, his half-toned arms folded.

"You wouldn't understand." You sigh, closing the wardrobe beside you and beginning to straighten out the rug on the floor, with the heel of your foot.

"No, I do." Dan responds, his voice echoing around the room, "Grey clouds represent darkness as they cover the source of light which seems to bring us joy, as it's a lot more pleasing to look at."

"Alright, no need to get all smartass on me." You scoff.

"It's true though. If something is stopping us from being happy, it gets us down. The only way to stop it from doing that is to look at the negative things in a positive way. The sun comes out, blinds us and burns us - the clouds are protecting us from that. Don't let the grey sky get you down." Dan explains, walking futher into the room and placing his hands either side of your waist, "I'm not letting dying get me down - I have you to be happy about."

You grin and shake your head at him.

"Only you could make something smart so cute." You say, "You're such a dork."

"But you love me." He giggles.

"You're right. I do." You respond.

Dan places his lips against yours and bites down gently on your bottom lip, sending a shiver through your body and making your lips part, allowing him to take control of the kiss. He continues to hastily move his lips against yours but suddenly bites down hard on your lip and moves away from you, holding onto his head and groaning in pain.

"Oh my god, Dan what's wrong?" You ask worriedly.

"N-nothing." He tells you, trying to keep his balance.

"Don't you dare lie to me Dan. What the hell just happened?" You demand, moving closer towards him.

Dan removes his hand from his head and begins to blink rapidly, a puzzled expression appearing on his face.

"I don't know." He tells you, "I just had this violent throbbing in the corner of my head all of a sudden."

"Maybe you should take your tablets Dan." You suggest.

"I don't need bloody tablets." Dan sighs, "It's probably nothing."

You open your mouth, ready to argue with him but you hear the front door slam and loud footsteps echo down the hall.

"Phil?" Dan calls out.

"I'm back!" Phil responds, walking past the door, "You guys ready to go soon?"

"I am!" You reply, "But Dan just needs to get dressed quickly."

"Okay, that's fine!"

Taking a deep breath and avoiding eye contact with Dan, you walk straight past him and go into the hallway, digging through the pile of shoes to find yours. Dan's bedroom door slowly closes and you get up and walk into the kitchen to find Phil unpacking a shopping bag.

"Something wierd just happened." You whisper.

"Really?" Phil responds, putting a carton of milk in the fridge beside him, "What?"

"Well, Dan and I were kissing and he just pulled away, holding his head like someone had just hit him with a hammer." You tell him, "I'm really worried Phil - he won't take his medication."

Phil closes the fridge door and walks over the sink, running his hands under warm water.

"Yeah that does sound wierd." He cautiously says, "I guess we just need to keep an eye out for him - it's all we can do."

Your bottom lip beginning to wobble, you nod and walk back through the hall to pick up your black ankle boots. You push your feet into them and reach for your jacket and as you do, Dan casually walks out of his room, in his moth shirt and skinny jeans.

"Ready." Dan smiles, picking up his black shoes with the iconic unconvential zips.

Phil walks out into the hall, wiping his hands up with a towel and looks at you and then to Dan.

"How you feeling Danny?" Phil questions randomly.

"Fine.." Dan says slowly as he slips his shoes on.

"Are you sure don't need any tablets?" Phil asks.

Dan looks up at you both and shakes his head whilst rolling his eyes.

"How many times do I need to tell you both? I don't need to take any tablets!" He exclaims, sounding rather frustrated.

Phil nods awkwardly and heads back into the kitchen, throwing the towel on the side. You sigh and decide to wait for them both at the bottom of the stairs as you can't deal with the tension right now. You wait and then they come down the stairs, Phil following Dan. You unlock the door, grab Dan's hand and look up to him with puppy-dog eyes.

"Please calm down." You whisper sincerely.

Dan's face immediately relaxes and he gives you an sympathetic smile, squeezing your hand gently. You nod in his direction and them walk out of the door, hand in hand. Phil continues to follow you both and he closes the door behind him. You still don't know what just happened with Dan earlier but he just doesn't seem to want to open up and accept help, so you're left feeling useless as always. You just hope you can enjoy some time with him, out in the town you used to always spend your time with him in, one last time.

A/N So Dan is still refusing your help despite what happened earlier in the bedroom. You are now all going out into town together. What will you do? Will Dan be okay? Find out soon and don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks lovelies!

~ Katie