Chapter 29

Hearing Phil call your name, you quickly push the two test strips back into the back pocket of your jeans and get up off of the sofa.

"Yeah?" You call back, heading out of the living room.

"Has Dan texted you at all?" Phil asks from his bedroom.

You don't know why you feel the need to lie but you do.

"No why?" You quickly respond, walking in to see Phil straightening his fringe in the mirror.

"Oh well I figured he'd want to know where we were." Phil tells you, the hot iron tugging on his black hair, "But anyway, are you up for visiting him?"

"Yes!" You rapidly answer, "I am."

Phil switches off his straightners and pulls the plug out if the wall, allowing him to reach under the bed and pull out his white vanz.

"Okay." Phil says, "We'd better get going soon then."

As Phil laces his shoes up, you pace into Dan's bedroom and look around in search for something warm to put over you. As you search through Dan's wardrobe, you find a black jumper and you immediately pull it off of its hanger and place it closely to your chest. You press your face against the warm, soft material and take in Dan's scent. You really miss him being around. You put it over the top of your white polo and flick your hair behind you, ajusting the collar. You close the wardrobe and walk out of the room, picking your black converse up on the way out. You're so ready to see him.

~ Time Skip ~

"Mr Lester and Miss (y/l/n)?" The nurse calls out from the front of the cold, blue waiting room.

You exhale and get up on your feet, following her through the hall with Phil by your side. She guides you to a yellow door and slowly opens it up revealing a ward of patients. Phil holds his arm out for the door, allowing you to walk underneath and through to the ward. The nurse attempts to escort you over to Dan but you straight away notice him and begin to run.

"Dan!" You call out, running towards his bed.

He immediately sits up with the biggest grin on his face and opens his arms out for you to enter them. Doing so, you secure your own arms around him and bury your head into his shoulder. Even the sensation of his warm hand moving up and down your back brings you comfort.

"Hey you." He giggles.

"I missed you so much." You tell him, pulling away.

He pats the end of his bed, signalling for you to sit down and as you do, he places his hand firmly on your thigh.

"I missed you too." He smiles, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

Another lie. Another god damn lie. You're getting worringly good at lying and you don't know why. It's not going to get you anywhere and you should trust both Dan and Phil with anything by now.

"Hey!" Phil says enthusiastically, "How you hanging in there Danny?"

Dan chuckles and gives Phil a brief hug.

"Yeah I'm fine." Dan nods, "You can pull the seat over if you want."

Dan points to a red chair at the end of the bed and Phil walks over to it, picks it up and places it beside you and Dan, allowing him to sit down with you both.

"Man I missed you guys!" Dan says, now retrieving his hand from your thigh and putting his arm firmly around you instead.

"Yeah, we've been missing you too." Phil says.

"The apartment is very quiet without you actually." You add.

Dan nods and pulls you closer to him.

"Wearing my jumper I see!" Dan states jokingly, changing the subject.

"Yeah." You respond with a fake smile, "It's comfy."

Your response leaves an awkward silence which is unusual for you, considering how loud and talkative Dan and Phil can be. Phil begins to impatiently tap his foot and then he jumps out of his seat, making you and Dan look up.

"I need some fresh air and a drink!" He tells you, letting out a nervous laugh, "You guys want anything?"

"No thanks Phil." You smile.

"I could do with some crisps and a drink if you don't mind Philly." Dan requests, "The hospital serve such crap here. If what you're in here for doesn't kill you, the food sure will."

Normally that joke would have been funny to you all and you know Dan is just trying to make the best out of the situation but its just too soon and you can tell it made Phil even more uncomfortable as he just nods and leaves the room.

"So." Dan says, his hand gripping onto your waist, "You gonna tell me why you were so blunt in your text?"

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion and turn to face him.

"What text?" You question, still incredibly puzzled.

Dan reaches for his phone, places his fingertip on the button, opening up your text conversation.

'My Princess'

12:07PM - Not sure. Will let you know.

"See." Dan says, switiching his phone off, "No kisses - just full stops and a blunt answer!"

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Danny, I've just had a lot on my mind this morning." You explain, feeling very guilty.

Dan kisses your cheek and pulls you closer to him.

"What's been on your mind?"

You stare down at the floor, thinking back to the pregnancy test. Do you tell him? He's obviously the Father of your child and he has the right to know, but you just can't find the words or the guts to say it out loud.

"I don't really know." You tell him, "I'm just waking up every morning feeling sick."

That was half of the truth but your conscience feels heavy as you now know exactly why this has been occurring.

"Oh baby I'm sorry." Dan says softly, nuzzling his head against yours, "Listen, I'm fighting this for you okay? You don't need to lay awake worrying."

"I know." You respond with a smile.

"So there's nothing else to worry about right?" Dan asks.

Without making eye contact, you nod your head. Dan takes your chin with two fingers, guiding your face towards his, allowing him to press his warm lips delicately against yours. You begin to feel sick again and not because of your pregnancy, but because of the spiral of lies you have got yourself trapped in.

A/N So you can't stop lying which has led you to even lie to Dan. Why? Fear. What problems will this now cause you? Will Dan even find out? Is Phil okay? Find out soon and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks!

~ Katie ~^.^~