Chapter 14

"We're back!" Dan calls out, placing your jackets up on the hooks.

Taking your hand, Dan guides you up the stairs and into the living room to find Phil on his laptop, in his Marvel pajama bottoms and a blue t-shirt.

"Hey" Phil smiles, "You guys have a good time?"

You nod as Dan releases your hand and sits down on the sofa.

"Yeah we did." Dan responds, "And I think we need to talk Phil."

Phil takes his hand off of the mouse pad and looks back and forth from you to Dan. Realizing that it's going to be something serious, Phil closes the lid to his laptop, places it on the coffee table and sits up.

"Do you want me to leave the room?" You suggest, shrugging your shoulders.

Before Dan goes to answer, your phone begins ringing in your pocket. Taking it out, you see that it's your landlord.

"Crap." You hiss under your breath, "I need to take this."

Dan nods and smiles understandably, allowing you to walk out of the living room and into Dan's bedroom. You take a deep breath, sit on the corner of his black and white bed sheets and answer the call.

"Hello?" You stutter.

"You have 24 hours to remove your stuff from the apartment and leave." The unfortunately familiar angry tone growls down the phone, "You're outta here."

"But Mr Mornon I-"

"No buts Missy!" He grunts, "I've had it! You owe me money and you're not even occupying the apartment! 24 hours and that's it."

Before you can even argue, the phone cuts out. Now incredibly stressed, you throw your body backwards onto the bed and put your hands over your face. Just as you thought things couldn't get any worse, you no longer have a home - now what?

Your phone's text tone sounds and you look to see a follow-up text from Mr Mornon.

"23 HOURS, 58 MINUTES, 59 SECONDS AND COUNTING."

This guy is nuts! In frustration, you throw your phone across the room and hear something shatter. Your stomach sinks and as you get up to retrieve your phone, you notice glass shards covering the carpet. Avoiding getting cut, you tip-toe closer to the object which appears to be a black, wooden frame. As you lift it up, more glass shards fall from it and one shard digs into your hand a little but you shake it off and look at the photo in the frame: it's of you and Dan.

Smiling down at it, your eyes look at the 16 year old versions of you both doing a cheesy hand-heart. You remember exactly where and when it was taken and you're surprised that Dan still has the photo!

"I love that photo." Dan calls from the door frame, "Sure, it is cringy but its a reminder that you have always been there for me."

You place the photo back down on the chest of drawers and leap over the glass shards.

"S-sorry" You say, "I lobbed my phone and it must have hit the frame."

"Don't worry about it, I can always get a new frame." Dan says, folding his arms, "I'm more concerned about why you lobbed your phone."

Twiddling your fingers and looking guiltily at the floor, you think about how you tell him that you lost your home.

"Come here." Dan whispers, holding his arms out, "I think we both need to hug it out."

Without hesitation, you lunge yourself into his arm and take a deep breath.

"How did Phil take the news?" You question.

"Well he was obviously upset about it and he has gone to his bedroom, to take some time to let it all sink in, but he said he'd stand by me and help me fight it." Dan responds, holding onto your shoulders, "I'm so lucky to have you both - I don't know what I'd do if you guys weren't in my life."

You smile and lean in to peck his lips. Dan returns the kiss and then pulls back.

"So, what's going on with you?" He asks, his deep brown eyes now patiently looking into yours.

"My bloody landlord." You sigh, "He's kicking me out. I have 24 hours to gather my things and leave."

Dan scrunches up his face.

"What the hell!" Dan comments, "Give me your phone and I'll deal with-"

"There's no point." You interrupt, "It's in the contract. If you don't pay your rent for over 2 months, he can just take the property from your hands."

"And how long has it been since you paid rent?" Dan questions.

"3 months." You sigh.

"Oh (y/n)." Dan responds, "You should've asked Phil and I to help you!"

"That wouldn't have been fair on you guys!" You point out, biting your lip.

"I don't give a damn. You've been nothing but bullied by that thug and I would've done anything to get him to leave you alone!" Dan tells you, looking quite frustrated.

"I know you would've Dan but it doesn't matter now - I'm homeless."

Dan releases your shoulders and stares at the ground as if he is deeply thinking about something. His eyes move from the floor to your hand and this his eyes suddenly widen.

"How the heck did you do that?" Dan questions, grabbing a hold of your hand.

You look down to see a large cut across your hand from where the large glass shard fell and sliced through your flesh. There is a lot more blood then you thought there would be.

"It must have been from when I picked up the frame." You state.

Gently holding onto it, Dan takes you through the hallway and into the kitchen.

"Jesus Christ (y/n)"

Dan runs a cloth under the tap and places it on your wound. You seize up a little as the coldness hits your skin and you focus on Dan's face whilst he wraps it up with some bandages he found in one of the drawers. You could swear that his face has become thinner. Exploring his face whilst his tongue pokes out the side of his mouth as he concentrates, you admire every feature he has. It's sounds weird and quite invasive but you can't help but notice his natural beauty.

"Like what you see?" Dan smirks, briefly looking up at you and then looking back down at your hand.

You exhale through your nose and grin.

"Yeah I do actually."

Finishing the tie on your bandage, Dan releases your hand and looks up at you. Without saying a word, he places his hands on your hips and kisses your forehead.

"You'd be the first." Dan jokes, "Anyway, let's get your things from Mr Moron."

You tilt your head, puzzled and respond with "But I have no where to put any of it."

Dan rolls his eyes and then gives you an assuring smile.

"Don't be silly - you're moving in with us."

"But that's not-"

"Don't give me some crappy excuse. It's not that you need to be here, it's that I want you here." Dan says, "Now let's go - the clock's counting down!"

What did you ever do to deserve him?

What did he ever do to deserve the fear of losing his life?

A/N So both you and Phil know what it going on with Dan and you lost your home! You are now moving in with Dan and Phil and you are so in love with Dan. Everything seems fine for now...or is it? What is to come? Find out soon and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter! It would also be a great help if you were to recommend this story to some of your friends :) Thanks again.

~ Katie ^.^