Chapter 38

After watching a few episodes of Buffy and eating a bowl of cornflakes with Phil, you decide to head upstairs and pull up Twitter on your phone, after a few days of avoiding it. As soon as it opens, you notice that your notifications have gone crazy. You expect to see a load of hate comments from the Phandom but instead you are greeted with the hashtag '#WeLoveYouDan' and many tweets to Dan, Phil and even yourself.

"You've helped us all so much and now it's our turn to help you. #weloveyoudan get well soon !"

"No matter what we'll always love you Dan - you've helped us for so long now take the time to help yourself get better #weloveyoudan"

"I hope Phil and (y/n) are okay :( we're all here if you need us ~ #weloveyoudan"

"We'll always support you no matter what ❤️ Good luck to you all #weloveyoudan"

You smile down at your screen as you continue to scroll past the millions of tweets supporting you all at this difficult time. You go onto your profile, click the tweet button and begin typing a message.

"#WeLoveYouPhandom ❤️"

You press send, exit Twitter and then switch off your phone.

~ Time Skip ~

A/N So I linked up the song "1973" by James Blunt as I thought that it goes really well with this next bit so I hope you enjoy it! :D

After freshening up in the shower, putting on some clothes, drying your hair and applying some make-up, you make you way towards the living room and turn the corner to see Phil reading a tatty-looking book on the sofa.

"Whatcha looking at over there Philly?" You question, walking furthur into the room.

Slightly startled, Phil flinches and looks up at you.

"Come and see for yourself." He responds, patting the space beside him.

You walk past the table and sit down on the sofa next to Phil and look to see familiar, smudged handwriting in the book.

"Is this-?"

"Dan's old diary." Phil interrupts, finishing your sentence, "I found it behind all the DVDs on the book shelf and I thought I'd have a look."

You lean over his shoulder to read but before you can, Phil shoves the diary onto your lap and he stands up.

"Take a look! I'm gonna go do the washing up and get a Ribena. Want anything?" Phil asks.

"No thank you." You respond.

Phil steps over your legs and walks out of the room, leaving you with Dan's old diary. You flick the crispy pages and pick a random passage to read.

"Not long now until I finally meet Phil! I skyped him earlier on today but (y/n) was over and I felt really bad! I hope she doesn't think I'm replacing her or something. She said she was fine with it but I can tell that she feels a little left out. I wish I could tell her how I feel about her already but it's just not that easy. Anyway, I better get back to editing."

You can't belive that Dan felt this way about you so long ago! It's so wierd remembering that. You had come over to tell Dan about your step-dad hitting you again but he just sat on skype, almost ignoring that you were even there. It really hurt and yes, at the time you were jealous of Phil but you were happy for Dan and didn't want to annoy him.

You flick back another few pages to see just how long Dan has liked you for and you find yourself scanning another passage.

"(Y/n) came over today really upset because her step-dad kept being a prick  and throwing her things out a window. I wish that douchebag would quit picking on her already! I managed to calm her down and we decided to cuddle for bit, listening to MCR (so emo I know). I know we're just friends but cuddling her made me happy. At that moment, I knew she was safe in my arms. Just waiting for the day I can finally tell her how I feel. I hope she feels the same way."

You feel a gigantic smile stretch across your face at this passage as you remember that day so clearly all of a sudden. You ended up falling asleep in his arms and you secretly hoped he liked you too. It's so wierd how you had no idea what your future would be.

Just as you go to flick to another page, you hear a crash in the kitchen, making you drop the diary on the floor.

"You okay Phil?" You call out.

"Yeah, everything's fine." He calls back, "I was washing some of the glasses up and... I dropped one."

You chuckle as this is very typical of Phil.

"Do you need any help?" You question.

"No, it's fine!" He responds.

You hear the scraping of glass shards across the kitchen floor, making you cringe slightly but you pick the diary up off of the floor and dust it off. Just as you go to turn the page, you notice the page that the diary landed on and you begin to read it.

"Tonight was one of the best nights I've ever had so far. I decided to take (y/n) to the prom as I knew how much she wanted to go and I'd seen that she had already picked out a dress. I held her hand in and we danced together all night which was so overwhelming. She looked absoloutely stunning - I couldn't take my eyes off her! At one point, we just sat down and watched as other people danced. I decided to make a move and put my arm around which wasn't smooth AT ALL but she didn't seem to care. In fact, she just moved closer towards me! We began recalling little memories and her little laugh made my heart beat like mad! I really wanted to kiss her and I'm beginning to think that she likes me too. I hope that she does. I guess we'll find out soon."

You feel yourself blushing as your cheeks radiate mass amounts of heat at the thought of Dan thinking all of this after that night. You think back to the photo frame and understand why this was such a big memory for Dan: he wanted to kiss you.

From the corner of your eye, you see Phil walking in with a glass of Ribena and so you shut the book and place it on the table.

"Interesting stuff huh?" Phil says with a teasing smirk.

You giggle and feel yourself blush again but before you can respond, the house phone begins to ring and your faces and stomachs immediately drop.

You get up out of the sofa crease and swiftly walk through the hall, picking up the phone and placing it to your ear.

"Hello?" You say, your hands shaking.

"Hello Miss (y/l/n)." A lady says, "I'm calling from the hospital to inform you  that Daniel is out of surgery."

A/N MWAHAHA! I'm so cruel omg 😂 So that was a bit of a trip down memory lane for you and you discovered that Dan has actually liked you for a very long time! You have just recieved a call from the hospital and it appears that Dan is out of surgery! What will happen at the hospital? Is it a happy ending after all? Find out soon and don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you guys!

~ Katie

P.S My gc helped me come up with the hashtag and tweets so thank you guys! Fun fact: I have an unhealthy obsession with Dan's thighs so my friend suggested that the hashtag should be #StayAliveWeNeedYourThighs which is amazing omg 😂