Chapter 39

"W-what?" You stutter, feeling your heart pound, "He's awake?"

"Yes he is." The lady says, "You will need to come to the hospital though so that we can discuss-"

"Sure!" You interrupt, "We'll be there as soon as we can!"

"Okay then. Goodbye."

"Bye!" You say cheerfully.

You hang up the phone and immediately squeal with excitement. He did it. He got through it. Everything can go back to normal! You cup your hands over your mouth in shock and just stay staring at the photo frames in the hallway.

"He did it." You repeat out loud.

You hear footsteps approaching you and you spin around to see Phil looking concerned in the hallway.

"Phil!" You exclaim, running up to him and hugging him tight, "Dan did it! He's awake!"

"What?" Phil gasps, wrapping his arms around you.

"I knew he could do it!" You cry, "The hospital said we need to discuss some stuff with them but I just want to get there and see Dan!"

You release Phil and immediately pace over to coat rack, pulling your jacket off and putting it on.

"Okay (y/n), this really is amazing but please slow down." Phil says.

"I can't!" You reply, slipping on your vanz, "I need to see Dan and tell him!"

Ignoring the fact that Phil is still slipping on his own shoes, you walk down the stairs and begin to unlock the door.

"Tell him what?!" Phil calls out, hopping to the top of the stairs with one shoe on and the other in his hand, "(y/n) wait up!"

~ Time Skip ~

As you arrive at the hospital, you and Phil quickly unbuckle your seatbelts and dive out of the car. Phil passes the taxi driver a small wad of notes and you both rush in through the sliding doors of the hospital. You make your way to the front desk, nearly out of breath and lean over to speak to the receptionist.

"We recieved a call about our friend who just came out of an operation." You tell her.

"What's the patient's name Miss?" She questions.

"Daniel Howell." You respond, with a smile.

The lady bites down on her lip nervously and spins around on her chair. She mouths something to a nurse standing up behind her and the nurse quickly walks around the counter.

"Hello Miss (y/l/n) and Mr Lester!" She smiles, "So Dan is awake in his room now and I know that you will want to see him straight away but we will need to discuss some important details with you."

"Can't it wait?" You question.

"(Y/n).." Phil mumbles.

The nurse looks from Phil to you and then sighs.

"Miss you must understand that we have some vital infomation to share with you and-" The nurse begins.