Chapter 2

Staring at the blank hospital wall on an incredibly uncomfortable metal chair for hours was not what you had in mind. Doctor's have been running so many tests on Dan yet none of them will tell you or Phil what is going on or why Dan had a random fit. Shortly after phoning for help, an ambulance team came in and took him on a stretcher to the ambulance, once the shaking had stopped. Having to watch him leave, still not in control of his own body, hurt you a lot. You just wish he hadn't lied to you - he clearly knew something was up!

"Hey I got you a KitKat" Phil says, entering the waiting room.

He holds out the KitKat but you stay stiffly against your chair, still staring the wall.

"I'm not hungry" You sigh.

Phil responds with a frown and he sits down next to you.

"Dan will be fine" He assures you, "Although we have no idea what's going on, we both know that Dan is a fighter and the doctor's are trying their best to get to the bottom of the situation."

"But what could've caused it to happen? 10 minutes before, he was opening the door to me with a smile on his face!"

Phil scratches his head and places the KitKat in his pocket.

"I personally don't understand it myself" Phil admits, "But Dan has been really secretive lately and he is constantly leaving the house, with no reasoning."

So something is up.

"How odd." You reply.

You continue to sit in silence, wondering what is wrong with Dan. This is so all of a sudden and there is so much that you don't know; you would think that Dan would trust you after growing up together!

"Mr Lester and Miss (y/l/n)?" A nurse in blue uniform calls out from the other side of the waiting room.

Immediately, you and Phil leap up from your seats and walk towards the nurse. You cross your fingers down by your side in hope that Dan is okay.

"That's us" Phil tells her.

"Mr Howell is in a stable condition and is able to return home now."

What a relief! You uncross your fingers and you feel yourself smiling from ear to ear. Phil was right - Dan is a fighter!

"The fit was epileptic so he has been given some medication that he must take every day from now on to prevent more fits occurring in the future." The nurse informs you, "We are waiting for more results to come in so we'll let you know when they do."

"Perfect!" Phil smiles, "Thank you ever so much!"

"No need to thank me" The nurse says, "Mr Howell is in the main area, waiting for you. Have a good week."

With that, you rush off ahead of Phil, with no clue where you are going but with the desperation to see Dan.

"(y/n), wait up!" Phil chuckles.

Ignoring Phil, you turn around the corner to see a conscious, smiley but weary figure with a brown, hazelnut fringe ahead of you

"Dan!" You exclaim, running towards him with your arms open wide.

Spinning around, Dan's smile grows and his arms copy yours and wrap around your torso. You feel a little teary but don't cry as you know that he is okay now and his familiar musk comforts you.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" You muffle into his t-shirt.

"So am I!" Dan laughs, "I'm sorry for worrying you."

You want to ask why he lied to you in the first place but you decide that this isn't the time or place for confrontation so you just nod, accepting his apology.

"Don't worry about it!" You smile against his chest, due to your significant height difference "Let's just go back to yours."

Dan pulls back a little, his arms still holding you closely to him and he just smiles longingly at you. Eventually, Phil walks in and Dan releases you to give Phil a brief hug.

"Come on then Danny, we better get you to bed!" Phil jokes.

"Shut up Phil" Dan smirks, rolling his eyes.

Phil just laughs and begins walking out of the hospital. You and Dan, side by side, follow him out into the street lamp lit car park and take in the cold, fresh air.

~ Time Skip ~

After returning to the apartment with still so many unanswered questions, Phil decides to call it and night and goes into his bedroom, leaving you and Dan in the dark living room with the only light coming from the computer screen. Dan is back in his sofa crease in the browsing postion whilst your head lays on his shoulder, with a mug of hot chocolate in your hands, watching him edit a video.

"What video is this Dan?" You whisper, being aware of Phil sleeping.

"It's another video for my 'Reasons why Dan's a fail' series" Dan replies, laying his head gently on top of yours.

"So why are you a fail this time?" You joke.

"No spoilers" Dan laughs, "Think I'm gonna call it a night too to be honest."

"Fine by me" You respond, letting out a small yawn.

Dan saves the video and closes the lid to the laptop, pushing it onto the coffee table. He goes to get up  but your hand reaches out for his and you pull him back. Puzzled, Dan looks down at you. You can't make out any of the furniture in the room from how pitch black it is but you are still able to see Dan's eyes and dimples, making you feel safe and content.

"You okay?" Dan whispers, softly placing his hand on your shoulder in search for you.

"Yeah" You reply, "I just want to talk to you for a bit."

Dan nods and lays back comfortably into the sofa, with his arm around you, pulling you closely to him. You lay your head against his chest and take a deep breath.

"What do you want to talk about?" Dan asks, wrapping a strand of your hair around his finger.

"Today."

Dan releases your hair and quickly sits up.

"Dan?"

"I'll be right back!" Dan quickly says, jumping up from the sofa.

You watch as he paces out of the room and you begin chasing him to see him run into the bathroom. This doesn't look good and you are now more worried than ever.

Was it something you said?

A/N More drama O.O What do you think so far? What do you think is going on? Please leave your comments and suggestions :) I will try my best to get through as many as possible in order to make this story great for everyone who reads it! Don't forget to vote and I hope you're looking forward to the next chapter. That's all for now!

~ Katie  ~^.^~