Chapter 28

"What?" You scoff, "Pregnant? Are you being serious?"

"Well it's a possibility. It isn't like you and Dan haven't..." Phil shrugs.

"Yeah, yeah I know!" You quickly state, "But do you really think that I could be pregnant right now?"

"I don't know. It would make sense though." Phil responds, standing up, "Maybe you should test it."

"Wouldn't it be too soon?" You ask, crawling out of the bed.

"I'm not sure how they work to be honest but I guess it's worth a shot."

You stand in front of Dan's long mirror and Phil leaves the room. You look down to your stomach and place your cold hands against it. Could you really be pregnant? This just doesn't make sense. Of course, you know how babies are made and it would make sense, thinking back to the other night with Dan, but the idea of being pregnant just didn't cross your mind.

"Phil!" You call out over the sound of the boiling kettle.

Phil paces back into the room and begins folding Dan's duvet over.

"Yeah?"

"Can you buy me a pregnancy test please?" You question, removing your hands from your stomach.

You watch in the mirror as the duvet quickly slips from Phil's hands and he looks up worriedly at you.

"Wait what?" He says stiffly.

"I need a pregnancy test just to see if I am or not." You tell him, "Could you please get me one?"

Phil bites down on his lip and you feel slightly guilty as you know that his mind is occupied with so many other things but you can't face going outside yet and the reality of actually having a baby inside in you worries you. How would you tell Dan?

"Sure." Phil finally says, "Just let me put on a clean shirt and I'll go."

"Thank you." You say with a broken smile.

Phil quickly finishes folding the duvet over and then he paces out of the bedroom and into his own. You sigh at the sorry state you are in and head out the room to grab a change of clothes from your bedroom. You put on a pair of black jeans and a white polo and then you grab your toiletries, makeup and hairbrush. As you head back down the stairs, you hear the click of the chain as Phil leaves the apartment, leaving you alone.

~ Time Skip ~

You sit in Dan's sofa crease in the living room and just as you begin to fall asleep waiting for Phil, your phone's text tone goes off, making you jump.

'My Dork'

12:04PM - what time are you and Phil coming here at? x

You sigh at Dan's text as you don't even know if Phil's going to let you visit him now. Your mind is occuipied with the thought of Dan's child growing inside of you. You don't even know if you can be a good Mother and you certainly can't bring up a kid without Dan. This is going to cause so many more problems and you don't know what to do if the pregnancy test comes out positive.

Not sure. Will let you know. - 12:07PM

"I'm back!" Phil calls from the hall.

You immediately sit up and turn your phone off, awaiting Phil to enter the living room. You hear his footsteps creeping through the hall and then he appears at the door of the living room with a blue carrier bag in his hand. He walks furthur in and then sits down beside you, handing you the bag.

"Right so I spoke to a pharmacist as I had no idea what to get you and basically the majority of pregnancy tests require 6-8 days since fertilisation. I got a couple of them but you won't be able to use them for another few days." Phil explains, "The Pharmacist also said that it is very rare to get morning sickness so early on in the pregnancy so if you aren't pregnant, you should see a doctor."

"Okay..." You sigh.

"However, they did have other home pregnancy tests which are very sensitive and so you can try them out right now." Phil tells you, "You wanna give them a go?"

You slowly nod and reach into the bag, pulling out two small pregnancy test strips. This is so bizarre for you to even have to consider taking a test. You stare at the strips in your hands and tear up at the mere sight of them.

"Hey." Phil says softly as he puts his arm around you, "You'll be okay."

"Thank you Phil." You smile, quickly wiping away your tears and then standing up from the sofa crease.

"I hope you've been drinking loads!" Phil calls out as you leave the room, making you chuckle and shake your head.

You head towards the bathroom, close the door behind you, slide the cold, metal lock across and take a deep breath.

Here we go.

~ Time Skip ~

"Well?" Phil asks, standing up abruptly as you walk into the living room.

You look at Phil's eager facial expression and immediately feel guilty.

"Both negative." You say, sitting down on the sofa and picking up your phone.

From the corner of your eye you see Phil's face drop in confusion and he perches down beside you.

"So you're not pregnant?" He questions.

"Nope."

You unlock your phone and begin to scroll down your twitter feed.

"Are you sure?" Phil asks, "Like 100% sure?"

"Yes." You reply bluntly.

Phil just stares at you in silence for short moment and then exhales. He stands up, leaves the room and you place your phone on the arm of the sofa.

You reach into your pocket and then stare at the two positive test strips in your palm. This is going to change everything and you don't know what to do.

A/N Oooh so Phil got you some pregnancy tests and despite being told that it might be to early to test for pregnancy, the tests have said that you are in fact pregnant, but you did lie to Phil about it. What is ahead? How will you tell Dan? Will you tell him? Find out soon and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you!

~ Katie ^.^