"I don't want infomation." You interrupt, "I just want to see Dan. I have worried so much about him, please just let me see him!"

"Very well." The nurse sighs, dropping her head slightly, "But please come straight back here as we really must speak to you."

"Okay." You smile.

You grasp a hold of Phil's hand and pull him away from the nurse, through the crowded waiting room and into the corridor.

"(Y/n) slow down!" Phil calls out, tugging on your arm, "Maybe we should've spoken to the nurse first."

You stop at Dan's door and look up at Phil in disbelief.

"Phil, I need to see him. Please understand that." You say to him.

Phil shakes his head in defeat and you turn to face the door, grasping onto the handle and pushing the door wide open. Without hesitation, you run in and wrap your arms around down Dan who is sitting in bed.

"Dan!" You exclaim, throwing your arms around him.

"Hello you!" Dan giggles, nuzzling his nose into your neck.

"I'm so proud of you!" You cry.

"(Y/n) maybe we should-" Phil attempts to interrupt.

What is with Phil? His best friend has just survived an incredibly difficult procedure and he doesn't seem happy about seeing him at all!

"Dan I need to tell you something." You whisper, making Dan sit up.

"(Y/n) maybe you should listen to Phil..." Dan sighs, suddenly looking upset.

"No." You respond bluntly. "Phil can wait. This is important."

Dan just nods and pats the space on the the bed beside him, signalling for you to sit down. You do so and watch as Dan places his hand on your thigh, his thumb rubbing small circles against it.

"Dan." You finally say breathlessly, "I'm pregnant."

You look up to see Dan's mouth drop and you feel the sensation of his thumb suddenly stop. You expect for him seem happy but his eyes suddenly look fearful, making you slightly anxious.

"Dan? Are you okay?" You question.

"Yeah." He slowly replies, "Like that's really good news but-"

"Dan we're going have a child and be parents!" You smile, taking a hold of his hand.

You wait for an excited response but insead, you are met with Dan shaking his head at you.

"You have no idea about the surgery do you?" He questions.

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion and look up to see the long scar across his head, which would suggest he went through with it and is therefore a survivor. What does he mean by that? Why does he seem so down about this?

"Well you're here now." You tell him, "Which means you got though it babe! You did it!"

You place your hand against his cheekbone and stare into his eyes that now have tears forming within them, making your stomach sink.

"Yes. You're right." Dan responds, "I got through the surgery."

You let out a nervous laugh and pull your hand down from his face. His drops his head and you look over to Phil who appears to be biting down on his nails nervously. Why does no one seem happy about any of this but you?

"Then what's the problem?" You ask, looking back at Dan.

Steadily, Dan lifts his head, his lips quivering and his eyes filled with guilt.

"It was unsuccessful (y/n)." He says, "I'm going to die."

A/N *Eastenders credit song* Was anyone expecting the plot twist? If not, do you hate me now? So you became too excited you didn't bother to speak to the nurse or even Phil. You told Dan you were pregnant only to find that despite surviving the operation, it was unsuccessful and he is going to die. What will happen now? Is there anything else that you can do? Find out soon and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you!

~ Katie

P.S please don't kill me ..