17) Can You Here Me When I Call Your Name

Start from the beginning

He sighed "Only a few hours before you came. I was expecting you to be home" He playfully glared down at me, and I smiled innocently. He pulled me closer to him "God you're so adorable"

I blushed a little. Is it really possible to go from yelling at each other to being like this in an hour? It doesn't seem like it would be.

Dan's car came into view, the headlights shining bright. He pulled over to the edge of the road and got out of the car quickly. "Are you alright?" He called to us in the night.

I looked up at him and his messy brown hair as Tom shifted and began to stand up "Were fine" He said.

"Really? She doesn't look so good" Dan said skeptically.

I inwardly groaned, I probably did look horrible. Tom opened out his hand for me and I took it lightly pulling myself to my feet. "She is okay" He spoke on my behalf.

They started to walk towards Dan's car, but I didn't move as my eyes grew at the thought of getting in another car tonight.

Tom noticed when my hand didn't follow with his. He looked back at me confusion flickered in his eyes until guilt invaded them. "I'm sorry" He whispered.

I took a deep breath as I looked back between his eyes and the car. I was acting like a child; I don't think that it should be this hard. He can't keep feeling guilty. None of this was his intentional fault.

I sighed and walked up in front of him "Don't be" I whispered back. I could get over this if I thought it was what was best for the both of us.

We walked the rest of the short way to the car in silence. Tom took the front seat with Dan and I sat in the back seat by myself, grateful to have the time alone.

The ride home was quiet. Dan was obviously not knowing how to deal with this situation; Tom kept on looking back and forth between the road and Dan. I sat in the back with my knees to my chest, seat belt constricting me, and eyes glued to the seat in front of me trying to pretend that I was not in a car or that the unnecessary tension grew into a suffocating silence.

It must have only been a twenty five minute car ride, though it seemed a lot longer than that. The lights on the house were on and Emma's car was parked in the front. It's amazing how the only three people that actually live in the house are sitting in the car now as two are in the house.

Dan got out of the tension as fast as he could and started bolting for the back door to the house. I would have laughed if I wasn't in such a dull mood, sure I was thrilled that everything was going to be okay and everything but I was having a lot of mental work due to the car trauma.

I got out of the car at a normal persons pace, Tom followed my lead. I began to walk towards the house when his hand wrapped around mine and twisted me back around to face him. "Hey" He said softly, his eyes were fixated on the house until the slowly drifted to mine. "Everyone in that house is going to think that we still- that we are-" I just nodded my head for him continue and he sighed "There will be a lot of questions...I don't want you to deal with that right now"

I shook my head "No Tom its fine seriously"

"No it's not. I just want you to go upstairs and get in bed" His thumb caressed my cheek as his eyes shown with concern from the porch light. "Alright?"

I didn't really want him to deal with everything; everything that was my fault, but I was too exhausted to begin to argue again with him tonight so I sleepily nodded my head. He smiled at me softly and leaned down to brush his lips against mine lightly. I was entirely surprised at the strong sparks that erupted by the action I didn't plan on him instituting.