Chapter 1

Uh, hey, I'm Y/N, I'm 17 and that's pretty much it. I don't really know much about my past or anything. All I know is that I live with my dad in some place in California. I go to school, but I don't listen too much. I already know everything they're teaching some how so I just listen to music on my phone. The teachers let me as long as I ace all my exams. I was in history, messing with some of the bruises on my arms from what I'm guessing is my dad. We don't really have that good of a relationship. He beats me and I avoid him. That's how it has worked since I was five or so. Anyways, I was sitting in the back of the class with my earbuds in and looking down at my arms when the teacher called attention to everyone. I pulled down the sleeves of my hoodie and looked to the front. I saw a blonde girl staring at the class. I popped out one earbud and listened to the teacher.

"Class, this is..." He trailed off, looking to the girl in confusion.

"Lena." She quietly corrected him.

"Right, class, this is Lena. She will be attending this class with you all for the next year so be nice." He says as I scoff and look back down. "Lena, why don't you go sit next to Y/N." my eyes shot to the front, looking at the teacher in panic. I saw her walking to the back so I put my earbud back in and started to mess with my arms again.

"Hey, I'm Lena." She says in a sweet voice. I look to my side and see her smiling at me. I just give a small smile back and wave before returning my eyes to my arms. "What happened there? Looks like you're all banged up." She let's a small anxious laugh out.

"Just football." I said quietly to her, not wanting to get her in trouble.

"Oh, so you play football too?" She asks as I look up at her, my eyebrow arched.

"You? Football?"

"Yeah, I played for the Germany junior national team."

"Very funny." I scoffed again as she looks at me weird.

"You don't think I can play football?"

"Nope, look at you, you're so small. You'd get crushed immediately. What position did you play?" I asked, trying to play along with whatever game she thought we were playing.

"Left striker."

"Striker? Oh, you meant soccer. Makes more sense now."

"What do you mean?"

"Here we call it soccer. I'm talking about American football."

"Oh. I just thought because of yo-"

"My accent?" I interrupted her. I was originally from Ireland. My mum and I were both from there. My dad was born here though.

"Yeah. Because of that." Shes says a bit quieter. I see the class moron turn around and wink at her.

"What's up hot stuff. I mean, besides my dick." He laughs as she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up Devin." I say, sounding more annoyed then I meant to be. He turns to me and laughs, widening his eyes.

"Oh, and what are you going to do about it? Stab me like you di-"

"I didn't do anything." I snap at him, flinching when I clenched my arm too hard.

"Oh sure you didn't." He says sarcastically.

"Can you just fuck off?"

"Nope."

"Do you ever shut up?"

"I bet I can shut you up real quick." He growls, standing up and slamming his fists on the desk. I stand up and walk towards him. We're about the same size, but he was maybe an inch taller. I was a little over 6 feet so he had to be at least 6'1.