Chapter 20

Maraj POV

After that beast of a dog Sierra got. I looked at Kariah who was shaking and looking around. She clung to me as if I would leave her. I rubbed her head and bounced lightly while walking to the room.

"It's okay momma's here" I spoke softly while kissing her forehead. There was a knock at the door and I knew it was only Sierra. She walked in and sat on the bed while putting her head in her hands and shaking her head.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I just wanted to get you a dog cuz I know before you wanted a husky and I thought it would make you happy." O sat on the bed while smoothing Kariah's hair she was soon fully in a deep sleep with her thumb in mouth.
I placed Kariah down on the bed and covered her.

I walked back over to Sierra bent in front of her and removed her hands and kissed her tear stains. "It's okay you was trying to make me happy but that dog has got to be trained and I'm not training him and I don't want him close to Kariah. Also he getting snipped."

"But baby I thought you hated me I was wrong to think that you would cheat." I held her head and kissed her and rubbing her hair.

"Its okay baby but we have to leave Kariah's school is closed cuz if the hurricane coming and so is university. We going to Atlanta or Chattanooga again?"

"We'll go to Atlanta go ahead and pack y'all bags"

"Hold up what you gone do with that dog of yours?" She thought I forgot hell no that damn dog scared me and my baby.

"I'll put him in a doggy daycare when we get there." I nodded and headed for the door but I stopped and turned around.

"I love you and get some rest cuz you driving" after saying that I headed back for the door.

I opened the door and up came a happy dog. Oh hell fucking no his ass gone learn to damn day.

"Sit!" He sat down with his tail wagging.

"Lay down!" He laid down and patted his head. I guess he not so bad but we gotta have order.

"Come" he followed behind and sat outside the kitchen. He watched my every move. I grabbed Kariah some baby food and some snacks for me and Sierra. I saw a piece of cheese in the fridge and gave him the cheese. His tail was wagging rapidly so I gave him another after that he laid down.

Sierra POV

I laid in the bed after she left the room and cried myself to sleep. Why did this all happen? Why did I ever get involved with her if I can't treat her right? Why is all I kept saying.

I closed my eyes and drifted in and out. I heard the door open so I closed my eyes trying to sleep. Here she placed two pills in my hand and gave me a bottle of water. She kissed my forehead and told me to lay down. I did as told and could see her in my vision taking her joggers and sweatshirt off and folding them.

Her hair was flat ironed and moved so freely. Her lips were just perfect and glistened after she wet her lips. I looked at her arms and the art plastered on them. Everyone single work of art had a symbolic meaning behind them. I noticed her back dimples and soon she began to fade from my sight. I wanted to see more if felt as if she was a story in itself.

As I slept I could see pictures of her on my eyelids. Pictures of her smiling, laughing, cranky, being goofy, and more. These moments meant the most to me. She has my heart and I know I have hers I guess I wouldn't go of a picture.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Four hours later

I was woken up by a figure and could feel small hands on my stomach hitting me. I finally was able to fully see and I could see the two most beautiful people in my life. My lover and my daughter, Kariah had a big smile while hitting my stomach to get me awake. Where as Maraj was smiling a small smile and she was peaceful.

I picked Kariah up held her up in the air earning a loud happy scream from her. Maraj was standing next to me smiling and dressed with a snapback on her head with joggers and sweatshirt.

"Everything packed?"

"Yea everything in the car after you get dressed we can leave." Maraj said she looked tired her hair was in ponytail straightened. It was so silky and smooth.

"What are you mixed with again?"

"Huh?" She tutned her head while she pulled her pants up.

"Aren't you mixed with a few things?" She nodded her head and sat on the bed while putting on her shoes.

"Nigerian, Arab, native American,and  caucasian. Why?"

"I was just wondering." She finished getting dressed and walked over to the bed she grabbed Kariah and bent down to give me a kiss.

I got up and put my sneakers on I almost forgot to ask if we have to go get Cam.

"Babe do we have to go get Cam?"

"No she left with Daylin and Shawna with Jay. Both our moms already left everyone is safe we have to leave tho we are the last to leave. The highway will be closed at 8am."

As we started walking out maraj went to her truck. Wait she can't drive she might fall asleep. She got Kariah's car seat and put it in my car. She took Kariah from my arms and placed her in the car seat. She walked up to me and looked up at me.

"I want you to drive your car and ima drive mines. Don't worry I'll be fine but I rather have Kariah in the car with you. Here is address to the house in Atlanta." She got on her tippy toes and gave me a very passionate kiss while tears fell from her eyes like a flowing river. She turned around and got in her jeep. She had the dog in her Jeep that made me smile.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3 hours in to driving

I had to stop Kariah was hungry and fussing also I can't find Maraj. I called her phone but she hasn't picked up...
I wish she had got some rest she could be dead or anything.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

"Aye Buddy Boy you reached Raj sorry I can't get to the phone leave a message. If I feel like calling you back I will if not oh well." I laughed at her voicemail as a tear ran from my eyes. I sat in Burger King with Kariah looking around.

Kariah was grubbing on her fries and was smiling. She pointed her French fry at me and smiled making me smile. Hey eyes told me everything is fine Ma and the momma is safe and fine.

"She is so cute! Hi I'm Marianna. Who is this cutie?" A girl with short curly hair spoke.

"This is Kariah my lovely daughter." I smiled at Kariah as she smiled showing her gums. My smile faded as I could see Maraj features on her face my eyes watered. Marianna placed her food on the table and grabbed my hand.

"Are you okay...?"

"It's Sierra and no not really."

"You wanna talk about it?" I shook my head and looked at Kariah banging her hands on the table. I just wish she was here right about now...