Chapter 7

Mari POV
Thinking that's all I have been able to do. I was supposed to be listening to my mom talk about everything I have to do concerning Kariah. How I have to get her a doctor, enrolled in daycare, buy this, and buy that. I know I got a lot to do but damn can she calm down. It ain't like I planned her arrival she just kinda came out of no where to be honest.

"MARAJ I KNOW YOUR AFRICAN ASS BETTER LISTENING TO ME!" my mom yelled earning a loud cry from Kariah.

"I was thinking dang but right now I need to think so lock up when you leave." I grabbed Kariah and her bag and headed towards my door and to my car.

I didn't know where I was going or anything Kariah was looking around while I bucked her up. I made sure my roof was on and the doors were also. She began sucking on her fingers telling me she is hungry. I drove up the street and parked at the park I brought her to the front. I grabbed her bottle and shook it up so she could eat.

"You know you are have changed me in more ways than you know. I promise no one will ever hurt you and I will never leave you Kariah." I spoke to Kariah. She looked at me as if she knew what I was saying. This is all new to me still. I mean I know I gotta look at daycares and take her to the doctor and stuff.

But...what if I can't be a good mom or something. What will I tell her when she ask me who her dad is. Hell I don't know I don't even know where her birth mom is. Only thing I know is Kariah is here and she is my everything. My phone began to ring causing Kariah to stop eating and look into my eyes as if she was asking me to let her answer it. I chuckled and answered my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mari did I ever tell you that you are the best big sister ever!" A happy but annoying teenage voice spoke over my phone. "Ummm no but what you need Cam?"

"Can you pick me up I missed my bus? Pleasssssssssse?"
"Stop and yeah I'm on my way and I ain't taking no body else home I already have someone in my truck."
"Okay"

Cam POV
I was waiting for my sister I hate having to ride the bus. Luckily my sister is picking me up I haven't spoke to her in awhile. Maybe the person already in her car is her new girlfriend or something. If so that girl better be cute and not ugly.

I was broken from my thoughts by a car honking. Man she got here fast. As I walked to the truck I didn't see no one sitting in the front. What did she mean someone was already in here. I wonder why here music not blasting like normally and she only in a tank and joggers with her Jordan's on.

"Who was supposed to be in here with you?" I asked laughing maybe my sister imaging things.

"Kariah is in here Cam look in the back." She looked tired and she smiled bright when she told me to look back.

"Who baby is that?"I asked surprised I know it ain't Maraj's baby cause how she get pregnant and when? I asked myself.

"Mines your a auntie now Cam!" She spoke in a happy voice.

"Really?" I wanted to cry. "Yes now get in you letting all my cold air out." I got in and buckled up.

"Hey I'm hungry are you?" Mari asked
"Yes I'm hungry can we get pizza?"
"Sure call Marco's and order it and tell your mom you with me and I'm bringing you back later tonight."
I did as she said.

We got the pizza and wwnt back to her place. It was messy in here she had baby clothes and toys and diapers all over her dinning area well the sofa it is.

"Can I hold her?" "Sure but wash your hands first."

I did as told and picked up Kariah she is a good baby she has really bright eyes and beautiful curls. Mari was stuffing her face with pizza and watching a movie. She would look my way then back at the TV.

"You think you'll be a good baby sitter?" She wants me to watch her?

"Yes I want you to watch her after you leave school you'll have to pick her up from daycare. You'll watch her until I get off and I'll pay you $20 each day."

"Yeah I can't believe you gone let me watch her Mari." "I don't know why you fam just know if anything happens to my baby I'm going to hurt your ass though." She said with no problem. I would t let nothing harm Kariah she my baby with her blue eye self.

Sierra POV
Who the fuck got my wife pregnant and why her ass ain't tell me we got a kid. All y'all who saying I'm crazy shut y'all asses up Maraj is my girl her daughter is my daughter. My man who watches her said she left home and came back late that night with a baby and how her mom been with her for alike a hour or so. I can't wait to meet my daughter she beautiful I already know she is I also know she is in good hands with Maraj.

I miss holding her and stuff maybe I should call her see if we could get together and talk. I'm ready to come home forreal I miss her cooking and everything she just the right girl for me. However I think she still scared of me but maybe I can change her outlook on me and we can be a family.

S:"H-hello?"
Mari:"Hi who is is this?"
S:"Can we please meet up and talk? Maybe I can come over and we can catch up?"
Mari: " ummm sure we can meet at the park in 10 minutes you know the one we used to go to all the time."
S:"Okay I'll see you in alil bit"

At the park
Maraj walked up to the bench I was sitting on sitting far from me not looking me in the eyes.

"What do you wanna talk about Sierra?" She said while looking forward and straight to the point.

"I want you and I want us to be together Raj I love you. I know I did you dirty real dirty." I said while coming close to her. She still looks young where as I look old now I mean she is 22 going on 23 but I'm 28 I'm almost 30. "Maraj please I know I did things I should not have ever done to you. You really are my everything I want to marry you and have a family with you. I don't want you to be scared of me I want you to love me. I don't want you thinking I'm going to leave you for another girl when your all I want."

She moved her small hand from under mines and pulled her feet to her chest wrapping her as around them. She placed her head on her knees and turned her head to face me."I want to believe you Sierra but I don't know. You did a lot of dirt and I paid the price not you. You beat on me and would leave me. When you would come back you would smile and ask why I'm standoffish from you or why I rather sleep on the sofa. You punched me for trying to keep myself safe from you."

She began to cry but quickly whipped it away."I have a daughter now and I have to think what is right. Her seeing you beat on me or me being alone and strong without you." She was right but I want her and I'm going to fight for her.

She was about to walk away or so I thought until she told me to come along. We talked about everything she told me if I am going to be around that I have to find a real job. Even if it's a fast food job. She doesn't want no form of drug related things around the baby. Which I understand so I will find a way to change my life.

After about a hour she said see you later but when she was about to walk away. I couldn't just let her go like that I grabbed her arm and pulled her close to me. I could tell she was a little scared and taken back I mean I'm like twice or triple her size.

"I'm not going to hurt you Maraj I want to love you." She lossened up a little but was still scared I kissed her and her small arms wrapped around my neck.

I felt something like the last time we kissed I put everything in this kiss. I picked her up and hugged her small frame not hurting her. She had a tight grip around my neck as if she never wanted to let go. I knew she missed me just as I missed her. I carried her to her truck and told her to call me when she got in safely.