Chapter 4

Mari POV
I was getting dressed for work and man I wasn't ready I haven't seen this college I work at for 2 days. I hate Mondays at work because we have to go to a stupid meeting at 8:30 it is now 7:00. Well I guess I better hit the shower for ASU and be on my way.

I finished my regular morning routine as Shawna was sitting criss cross apple sauce.

"Why you watching Sprout's?" I asked only in my towel on and a sports bra.

"Asia here and she wanted to watch it. Duh"she said as if I knew that.

"ASIA!" I yelled.

She ran in my room and screamed sissy I missed you. I told her I missed her also.

"Why don't you come home anymore?" Asia asked confused.

"I am home Asia I live here now remember." I used to live with Shawna and her family but that was temporary not forever.

"But I miss you sissy." Asia spoke with a soft voice that made me feel bad for leaving.

"Tell you what why don't we have a sleepover tonight." I spoke softly.

" yesss I get to stay with sissy tonight!"she spoke and began dancing around my room.

I already had my clothes laid on my bed now I just gotta get dressed. After I was done with getting dressed I looked at my hair. It was crazy and everywhere how I like but not right for work.I quickly did my hair and grabbed my keys with a breakfast smoothie and my fruit bowl.

I got in my 2015 Jeep with my top off and went straight to work since it was only 5 minutes away.

"Maraj how are the labs coming?" My boss asked.

"Great I was just heading over there to install the new computers." I spoke happy to my boss.

"Great we have a new member to the team and we wanted you to show her around." She spoke hopeful.

"Sure she can help me install the computers and everything." I told my boss.

A small brown skin girl with long weave walked around the corner wearing heels and a skirt. She smiled at me and looked at me as if I was dinner. After my boss left I finally spoke.

"If I was you I wouldn't wear heels." I told her.

"They aren't heels their wedges."she corrected me.

"I really don't care to be honest I don't wear them and you should change because you gone on the floor and stuff and walking up stairs." I spoke with a little bite of a attitude now.

"I'll wait for you up front at the help desk. You have 5 minutes. I have a job to do and you gone help me Eryn." I came close to her face. To show I was serious.

I stayed at the help desk for five minutes after that I to Drew I was leaving and to give the new girl my location and a map of the school.I knew he would because he always did as told. I was not feeling this new girl already like why you come dressed like that she just mad me so angry. After ten minutes of me being there she later came in and had on shorts with some flats i guess that's cool. I told her don't be scared I won't bite you she came in the classroom and looked around at all the boxes on the floor from yesterday.

"Do you know how to crush a box?" she looked at me confused.

"Well do-" I started but was cut off by her.

"Yes I just thought I would be doing what you are doing is all not crushing no boxes." she spoke in a sad voice.

I looked down for a second and waved her over to me . I ended up showed her what to do with the cords and where they go. We never spoke a word to each other unless she did not know what she was doing. Only thing you heard is me drilling the nails off the desks that held the carries and my music playing. Soon it was twelve and that was my lunch break i got off the ground I was laying on and began to walk out the room. I knew she was confused.

"Why you so damn rude and can't tell me where you going Maraj!" she semi yelled down the hall.

I stopped right in my tracks and told her come on I'm going to take you out for lunch and to show you something. She looked like she wanted to come but at the same time she anted to stay in the room. She took a chance and followed me to my Jeep she stayed on the sidewalk looking as if I would kill her.

"I promise I won't hurt you now get in if you want free food." I spoke in a calm manner.

She walked over to my Jeep and climbed in. After she was buckled in I asked what did she want to eat. She told me how she is not from Savannah.

"Are you allergic to seafood or don't eat it?" i asked curious.

"No and No." She spoke I turned my music on playing saved by Ty Dollar $ign.

She began to sing with the song as I turned my music up and could feel the vibrations all over my body. I could feel her watching my every move she watched as i kept one hand on my wheel and the other on the gear. She watched as i changed a song she told me she liked I'm up by Omarion. I turned it back and let it blast I turned the music down as I pulled into Peter's seafood.

"Maraj no visit in long time, why" Ling the owner spoke in broken english.

"Hey baby missed me I see. Can I have some seafood rice with fried counch and can you make a sampler for her ."I said to Ling making her blush as I nodded to Eryn.

"Yes give me minute." she left to go behind the old neon western doors.

I went to take a seat as Eryn followed behind me like a lost dog.

"May I ask you something Maraj?"Eryn spoke in a shaky voice.

"You just did." I said as I pulled my phone out my back pocket and begin texting on it.

"Okay well is that your girlfriend?"She asked looking down.

"No it's not I don't have one." I said in a cold tone.

Ling came back out opening the boxes allowing us to look at the fresh seafood her sister and her just prepared. Eryn's eyes got big at the food and wanted it now I told her wait. I gabbed our food and got in my Jeep telling Eryn to hold the food. I drove to a park my mom would take me to as a child it was hidden and quiet just how I liked it. It was so calming here I walked to a picnic table and handed her some water. I began eating and she just looked at me not moving I got creeped out and turned around. I hate when people stare that's why little kids and dolls creep me out some times specially dolls.

She soon spoke after I turned around asking what is this. I told her lunch and to eat we only had forty-five minutes left. Lord I can't be nice to every girl I see because they take southern hosptality and turn it into a date. I hope she know she not really my type I like girls who are masculine not a girl who need a masculine. I'm good slick now I kinda want to leave her here and see what happens to her ass.

I got up and heard her say she not finished eating I told her she can eat in my car I didn't care. Asia did it all the time and Shawna and Tre basically everybody. She acme and got in and we went back to work. Four thirty hit and I left or tried to I was stopped by Eryn asking if I could take her home. Damn chick how you got here I said to myself . I said sure and we left.

Eryn POV

Maraj brought me home and I am really feeling her she so nice and sweet. specially after buying me some food and showing me her quiet place. I offered her to come in but she said she had to go a get someone I wonder who. I don't know but she held the door for me and stuff and helped me carry my stuff to her car.

Maybe I can show her what she missing wait I don't have her number I'll get it tomorow at work instead i guess.Later I'm tire Maraj really worked me today. I wonder what we will do tomorrow.

~Tell me what y'all want in the story pm me if you have anything you think would be good.
~ndụ ọṅụ ọchị (life love laughter)