Chapter 9

*Sophia Pov*
As I exit the place I literally run for my life. I run so fast to find a taxi I feel like I am a failure and never in my life had I ever wanted to feel like that. I look everywhere, the streets are empty. They are so empty its like people decided to die right now at the most important time in my whole life. I gaze around the whole town. Its like god had heard my prayers as lights flash in front of my sight, I wave my hands both in the air like a drunk retard.

As I settle my self in the backseat of the car. It had been a taxi and it had literally saved my life so internally I promised to give him an extra ten dollar tip. The taxi comes to a halt. I look around at the place. It was so dark the window lights off. The glass looked brand new, it was so clear I thought maybe it would put me to shame. I tried gazing inside but it was too dark as normal. I knock on the glass door and see the smudge t makes on the class which again makes me feel like a dirty cloth.

The door creaks open and Sharon opens the door. Her grey hair was up in its usual style. Her white creamy skin filled with wrinkles but her bright smile taking over her face. She had her black and grey coat over her with a scarf matching and her usual black skirt.

She had run this pet shop for a while now and she had always let me come and see buddy, buddy was literally my dog

She had run this pet shop for a while now and she had always let me come and see buddy, buddy was literally my dog. I had always wanted to adopt him but I wasn't allowed due to his sickness. He has a deadly dog disease which had stopped me from taking him and loving him the way he deserves. Buddy had always been my favourite dog here and I don't even know how it really happened to be honest. I had one day entered the shop and he had come running at me and wouldn't let me put him down until he was assured I would play with him and thats when my love for dog fell.

"Hello dear" Sharon says. I reply "Hey how are you gran" she grins and a sparkle takes over her eyes. She always wanted me to call her gran from the start and it kinda got stuck in my head. "Dear I kind of lied to you." I looked at her raising my eyebrows in a questioning manner. She looked everywhere before her eyes landed on me once again "Buddy isn't.." My eyes pop out of their sockets "He died!?" Tears start to build up in my eyes and before my tear comes down she tells me the best news I had ever heard "Buddy is cured!" I start to jump up and down and excitement takes over me and I rush to his special room.

My head peeks into his room to see him jumping and running around and I beam. I enter the room and he runs up to me. I pat him and play with him for about an hour, that is when I decide to adopt buddy. I look down at him. His white fluffy fur and hit cute little legs with his small circle eyes. His snuggles into my stomach as he sleeps soundly. I hold in the 'awe' not wanting to wake him up.

 I hold in the 'awe' not wanting to wake him up

I look around the shop looking for gran. I find her in her office writing on the paper. She looks up at me and grins "Did you wanna adopt him?" I nod my head "Thats the reason I organised the papers for your dear" I beam at her "Really?" I ask and she whispers "Really"

After signing the papers and getting the right things to make it comfortable in its new home. I make sure I get him everything a dog would want and put them in the car. I make sure to get him his own bed, toys, food and medicine if needed. As I finish loading the car, I make my way back inside to see him awake and running about again which brings a smile to my face. I open my arms for him to jump into my arms which he understands. Gran asks me if I want a cage for him and I shake my head no, I know he won't misbehave.

I open the passenger door and buddy jumps into the front seat. I sit in the car and open his window, open enough for him just to stick his head out the window. He was a small little thing, which reminded me of a small pet toy that kids buy. He barks happily.

Once I arrive at home, I take down buddy first and settle him in the flat then gather all his things from the car which takes me a good 5 minutes. I hadn't realised I bought so much until I had to unload them all and make trips up and downstairs a few times, what made it better was when buddy accompanied me for every trip.

I had just finished my shower and settled my self with buddy and a blanket. I turn on the tv and start watching the X factor. I lean my head onto a pillow and don't feel my self fall asleep.

A knock is sounded at the door. Shuffling is heard until keys dangle and the door unlocks. Emma walks in with 2 guys behind her. I look at her curiously and she carries 2 bags while the 2 boys come in with boxes of furniture. "Emma.." she looks at me and answers "Yes?" I look at the boxes of furniture going into the guest room. "Uh you changing rooms?" She shakes her head no. "Then?" I ask. "By the way were getting a new roommate she informs me." She mumbles. I glare at her "Why didn't I know if this earlier!" She looks at me and smiles "You will like him trust me"

I look at the new furnished room, I cant believe Emma didn't inform me. The new roommate was going to knock on the door anytime now.

The person knocks and I'm shocked at who is at the door..

*******************
Thanks for reading please vote or comment btw this is my first book please don't judge. I hope you enjoy it.
Who is at the door?

xxEzzy