The Escape Attempt

Start from the beginning

"Now let's get you dried up so you can put on your new dress I had made for you to wear tonight."

He helped me out of the tub and used a large cloth to dry my body. Once I was dry I quickly put on my undergarments so I wouldn't feel so exposed. The king walked over to me with a red dress in his hands.

"Here's your dress my love, go put it on." He said handing me the beautiful fancy red ball gown with some jewels sewn onto it along with golden threads.

I closed the door once the king was out of the room and put on the dress. The value of this one gown could probably feed a whole village an entire winter.

Once I was dressed I walked back out into the main part of the kings chambers, his eyes widened when he saw me in my new ball gown.

"Words can not describe how incredibly beautiful you look, all the other lady's at the ball will be filled with jealousy." He said with a smile.

I kept my eyes to the red carpeted floor. I feel horrible wearing such a dress that could be feeding so many hungry people and keep them from starvation.

"What's wrong my love?" He asked while rubbing my arms with his hands.

What's wrong is that I'm being forced to marry the evil king who kidnapped me after killing my mother and everyone in my village before burning it down! But of course I can't say that if I don't want him to go on a rage rant again.

"I-I'm just nervous about tonight I guess." I said shyly, he looked at me with a smile.

"You'll be fine, it's going to be fun. It'll be good for you, because I want you to live the life of a queen, going to royal balls and spending time with court lady's will help you get more comfortable with this life."

I nodded my head, trying not to slap him in his face. I never wanted this life and he knows it. That's why he keeps pushing me out of my comfort zone.

We spent a few hours reading books until it was time for the ball. The king lead me down the hall and once we got to the beginning of the grand stairs case I saw hundreds of people at the bottom in very fancy clothing in the throne room.

"Now announcing King James and his fiancee, the future queen Alice!" An  announcer said loudly, everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked at us as we made our way down the stairs.

The king held my hand tightly as we walked. Once we got to the bottom of the stairs the people bowed down to us.

The king welcomed them and all that before musicians started to play music and people began to dance together.

"Shall we dance my love." The king said as he already started leading me to the center of the room, he pulled me close to him and we started to dance slowly to the music.

We danced for awhile until the king had to talk to some men about something important so he took them into the war room to talk in private.

This could be the perfect time to escape.

I quickly started looking for Dorothy, I saw her with Ricky serving drinks. Quickly I made my way to them.

"Alice, where's the king?" Dorothy asked.

"He's talking with some men in the war room, this could be our chance."

She nodded

"Right, I've told Ricky about our plan to escape and he's in."

I nodded giving Ricky a smile which he returned. I'm glad he's coming with us.

"We need a distraction to get the guards away from the doors, other wise there's no getting out of here." I said, Ricky smiled.