The Holder of the Bloom

In any city, in any country, go to any inn, motel, or any place you can rest; simply find a bed that is comfortable enough for your tastes. Then sleep, and sleep awhile longer. Should you dream, then you are meant for this task. If not, then your success up until now was only luck, and pray, pray that you never awaken. The objects you have are yours no longer, and their Holders will want them back.

In your dream you will see a beautiful garden, with cool fountains and rare flowers sparkling in the mist. Here you may rest and prepare yourself. When you are ready, search the garden until you come upon a gazebo in the middle of a clearing. In the gazebo's shade rests a beautiful woman in a dress that echos the colors of the garden. She will gesture for you to sit on her left; she likes you and she has a task for you to complete for her. Without words or gestures, she will ask you to find her a flower in her garden. It's best to do as she asks; you are, after all,she is your friend and it best to be in her graces.

She will keep the description of the flower a secret; she is testing you, after all. If you are destined for your role, or if your luck continues, you will come upon two interwoven trees, each producing a different flower. Choose wisely, for if you displease your hostess it would be more advisable to smash your skull upon the rocks than to face her discontent. If you choose the right flower, then simply head back to the gazebo and give it to her. She will smile, kiss you on the cheek and say, "I was a Seeker once, too; be aware of your fate.†As she turns away, you will see her back has been mauled and mutilated by fire, teeth, and things your mind couldn't hope to comprehend. Follow her into her home. Do not be afraid; she wishes you no harm, as she understands your journey. You will stop at the entrance of the house, and she will open the door for you with these final words: "I will let you go freely, but you must promise me one thing: if ever your journey brings you back here, I ask that you end me. If you break my promise, sleep will never hold safety for you again." With that, she will gently push you through the door and back to the realm of the waking.

You will awaken in your own bed. Through the corner of your eye you will see something being slipped under the door. It is an envelope containing a single flower petal.

The petal is Object 47 of 538. You have gained a powerful new ally, but will you keep your promise when the time comes?