I still love him

Okay, before I start I wanna tell you guys something:

You gotta trust me on this one

Warnings: This is kinda Vandangelo please don't kill me just trust me okay thanks

Leo POV

I still love him. Even after all these years, I still love him with all my heart. 

It's been exactly six years, 102 days, and three hours since I came back to camp half blood. I arrived with Calypso. Everyone was happy to see us. Percy and Calypso awkwardly hugged, and I just stood while people punched and hugged me. Because I was an idiot. I can admit that now. 

Nico was keeping the line going. Nico. His black ruffled hair, pale skin, dark brown eyes. I wanted nothing more than to run up to him and kiss him softly on the lips. But I didn't. 

When it was Nico's turn to get 'revenge', he punched me on the arm pretty hard. He held out his hand and I shook it. That was it? Not even a "hey, man! I missed you!"? I don't know why I was surprised. Nico never touched anyone in any way. I should have felt happy. 

I didn't. I wanted more. 

It was only until later I realised he was in love.

But not with me.

He fell in love with Will. And Will fell in love with him. 

I tried to feel happy for him, really, I did. 

I just couldn't. 

Every day that passed, I wished something would go wrong. I wished Will and Nico would break up. 

I felt awful doing it because I had never seen him so happy. 

I stayed with Calypso through this all. I don't know why, but I did. I thought I had feelings for her. I thought that when I was on that island, I would never see Nico again. He would want me to move on. 

But, since I got off the island... I don't know. I just felt confused. 

I liked Calypso, but I loved Nico. I would feel bad leaving Calypso on that island, but I would feel even worse trying to ignore my feelings for Nico. 

So, I did what I thought was best at the time. I stayed with Calypso and tried ignoring Nico. 

But you don't get over someone you love just like that. 

So... for years I played that silly game. 

I watched Nico fall in love.

But it wasn't with me. 

Nico and Will have long since married. 

And now it's my turn. 

I'm marrying Calypso because I never worked up the courage to break up with her. 

I wasn't planning on marrying her, but she asked me. 

And after all these years, I did what I knew best.

I plastered a big fake smile and said yes. 

I asked Nico to be my best man. If he wasn't on the alter the way I wanted him to be, he'd sure as hell be up there still. Even if it's as my best man rather than finance.

Today is the day I marry. 

But not the person I love. 

Heyyy, guys. I know. 

"Vandangelo??? Are you SERIOUS??? Rowan, how could you! After all we've been through..." You think to yourself.

Well, I went through a phase where I shipped Vandangelo. Yes. I know. But now they're my BROTP. However, I still ship them a little bit. Sue me. 

I don't actually ship Caleo (because Leo is mine don't judge me) so I thought I'd write this. 

Is that ship hate? Probably. Sorry. 

Also, there'd be a picture except my computer isn't working because it's stupid. I'll upload one later if I remember.

Stay awesome fabulous t-rexs!