Chapter 72 - Repercussions

Playlist:

❶ "Jedha City Ambush"—Rogue One OST

⊘ Silence

❷ "The Secret Wedding"—Braveheart OST

⊘ Silence

The next morning, the Padawan woke Luke bright and early at 0500

The next morning, the Padawan woke Luke bright and early at 0500. Kalder questioned him in his bedroll on the main deck. Rough night last night, master?

He rolled over and squinted at the Padawan. Don't ask. Do me a favor, take them on a long run this morning. Eat at the mess hall. But whatever you do, don't wake Naluma.

Yes, master. Kalder smirked and twinkled his eyes at him. That was the most interesting night I've spied on you guys yet.

Luke groaned before thumping the pillow and rolling over for another hour of sleep.

After the run, Kalder led the group to the mess hall for breakfast.

Tandolleau asked, "What are we doing here, Kalder?"

"Obeying orders." He grabbed his tray and silverware before entering the chow line. Kalder led them to a table on the far side of the mess hall.

The Jedi ate with quiet conversation. Zeke watched the other Padawan with wide eyes. 

Jannah picked up on a conversation from the table next to them. D'Marchetto said, "Did you see her? Pawing him?"

Zepol guffawed. "Cut it out, D'Marchetto. We all know you missed your chance to get in her pants. Whining about it ain't helping."

The larger man clutched his knife and fork in his fists and thumped both arms on the table. "Who's whining?"

Another one said with envy, "Yeah, she was never that friendly with me."

"Well, at least now we know why she never drank with us. Fau can't hold her alcohol at all," another soldier said with a chortle.

"That Jedi gets all the luck—I'm sure he made it with her last night," D'Marchetto continued with his mouth full of food. "Master and Padawan—bet that game was fun. Man, I wish I had been on the receiving end of that."