Chapter 1

Above is Sophia
Dedicated to The birth-giver 
*Sophia Pov*

Today is the day that I go job hunting. It's been 2 months ever since I graduated, and I know I'm ready to become a brain surgeon. I have been dropping a resume in different workplaces. Most of the jobs pay are not enough for the apartment I live in, you're probably guessing where I live, well in Australia and no it's not true you can't ride kangaroos to school. I look at my reflection through the mirror and wonder who I look like, weather it was my mother or father or maybe none of them.

I walk out of my room and see if my roommate has woken up and by roommate, I mean my best friend. Emma is an American girl that got sent here to live here in Australia. Her family had sent her here to try and make her more of a business person which didn't work out since she's still the model she is today. She visits her family every other holiday and sometimes I tag along. Her family are like my parents in other words. Emma came here when we both started high school. Her parents had met me through giving charity for the orphanage and they are the ones that got me into the high school I went to and coincidentally Emma and I met, and the rest is history. We went to the same university except different major's, she did modelling while I did brain surgeon.

Speak of the devil and she shall appear, she walked out of her room looking flawless. Her outfit looked so casual yet so good, but she knew what touches she needed to add. It was the first day of spring, so it was a bit hot, but it was a little chilly. She had her hair out in waves, light blue sort of lavender sleeveless top with a black skirt with white designs and stockings, she had her brand new might I add side bag and finishing it off with a scarf around her neck. Picture Below.

"Where are you off to Missy without breakfast?'' I ask as I raise my eyebrows at her showing her she's not allowed to leave until she eats.

"Nowhere" she grumbles. ''Good'' I smile smugly. She pouts and says ''Sometimes I feel like you're more of a mother then a best friend" she frowns.

'' Any who what would you like for breakfast?'' I ask

She grins like a Cheshire cat and I knew that she wanted a meal

" Waffles with orange juice on the side with boiled eggs please'' I roll my eyes and think how she doesn't put on weight when she eats what models shouldn't eat.

While I make the breakfast, she sits their taking selfies on snap chat like usual. ''Sophia, I was thinking today after my photo shoot maybe we can go to the gym'' I drop the spoon and turn around "No thanks you know me, and gym don't associate'' I tell her. ''It will be fun I promise please?'' and I give her that look that says that's bullshit. " Emma what happen the last time I came with you to the gym? HM? '' she turns crimson red and she says ''I forgot you came with me to the gym you can't blame me for learning from a gym teacher.''

''You wanted to learn?'' I look at her amusedly.'' Cause you haven't been going gym for 3 years now''

She turns around and blows a breath and grumbles god knows what under her breath.

I finish breakfast and get ready to go job hunting. After Emma goes and I finish cleaning up. I walk to my room and look at the mess I caused last night when I was looking for my charger. Half my clothes were peeking out of the drawers and I couldn't see my floor what so ever. I started off by doing my bed and started folding my clothes and packing them in their rightful places after that I had a shower and left my hair air dry. I put on a matching black lingerie set and chose my outfit for job hunting. I straighten my hair and put a silver top with beads and slipped on a blazer on top of it and slipped on leather skin jeans, pairing it off with peep toe wedges. Picture below.

I leave the apartment and jump into my car that is barely working. I start off the car, it didn't work I tried a couple times till it worked. I drive to Adrian neurosurgery which looked like a new place even though it wasn't. I read this place's history and apparently it was started off by a father that passed it on to his son that kept passing it on to the later generations. I look ahead at the sign at the big sign ahead of me and squeal lowly and look for my resume. I walk through the door rummaging through my bag when I bump into someone. I yelp as my back connects to the ground, I look up and was met with a glare. I shuffle off the ground and look at the ground that wouldn't even ask if he would help me out. I glare right back at him, that's when shock is seen in his eyes then change to anger.

''Watch where you're going next time you walk through a place like that!'' He whispers angrily. No, I didn't feel sparks, but I felt tingles erupt throughout my body.

I smirk at him '' Why because I might hurt an arrogant a**h*** like you?" I then step closer and whisper ''If I get to get a**h***s like you mad why not bump into them. I step back, and his facial features change from anger to shock. I pick up my things and walk past him making sure to bump into his shoulder just to anger him more. I look back at him while he's still in shock and realize what a fine piece he is, but it doesn't match his attitude unfortunately.

I scurry away and find my resume finally and go up to the receptionist. She looks about in her early 20's sitting behind the desk with a black skirt and white shirt tucked in. I say excuse me, but she doesn't answer so I say it louder and she glares at me and puts fake smile on her face ''How can I help you?'' she says. ''I'm here to apply for a job.'' I smile. ''Please have a seat with those girls'' I look over to where she's pointing and realise every girl in here is dressed like a w***e. I thank the receptionist and go and sit down. I look at every girl either applying makeup or has mirror looking at their self's and unbuttoning their top few buttons. I cringe from the inside.

After about 30 minutes and half girls coming out of an office crying all their hearts out, it was my turn. And to say I was nervous was an understatement. I stand up and knock on the door, I hear a familiar voice call me in. I open the door and my face turns from the smile to anger. He gets up and smirks and leans on his desk. ''Well well well if it isn't miss sassy'' he says amusedly.

Ilook at him and say ''Not you again!''

***********************************

Thanks for reading please vote or comment btw this is my first book please don't judge. I hope you enjoy it.

xxEzzy