Michael has to drive me home from school now because Logan takes Nicole home, then they hang out some. He doesnt get back until dinner, during which, he just talks more about her. After dinner, he runs up to his room and they talk and text on their phones together for the rest of the night. Its all about Nicole now. 

To make matters worse, I lost my aunts phone number. I know Logan has it programmed into his phone, but I cant bring myself to ask him for it. If I do, all he ends up doing is talk more about Nicole- either that, or he gets distracted with texting her and just ignores me. This happens everytime I try to talk to him or ask him something. His attention is constantly drawn back to her, and each time this happens, he leaves me with an even more wounded heart, and all I can think is: He doesnt care anymore

Now its Thursday night, and Logan is picking up Nicole to bring her over for dinner to meet the family. So we're all waiting around anxiously while he's gone. His mom is slaving in the kitchen, preparing an amazing dinner in order to make a good impression (she keeps reminding me that first impressions mean everything). His dad is tidying up the living room, glancing at his rolex watch every couple of minutes (he does this when he's nervous about something). Eventually he gives up with the dusting and goes into the kitchen and reads the newspaper. I am just sitting on the couch, dreading the moment they walk in the door, and this horrible dinner begins. 

Nicole doesnt know that I live here with Logan, and I'm not looking forward to seeing her reaction. 

When I hear the sound of Logans car pulling into the driveway, followed by Nicoles high pitched laugh, I feel my stomach churn. I watch as the lock on the front door turns, and then the door opens, revealing them. They walk in, laughing at something, and then I notice why they took so long to get here. 

Logans hair is tousled on top of his head and his lips are fairly red and bruised. The top few buttons on his shirt were undone, but they were all done up when he had left. Nicole was currently reapplying her lipstick and adjusting her skirt in front of the mirror by the door. 

My heart clenched painfully in my chest, and I forced myself to remain calm. I could feel the tears trying to escape, but I willed them away, not wanting to cry in front of them. 

Nicole and Logan turned to see me awkwardly standing there, and their laughter halted. Logan remained smiling, but Nicole was frowning in disdain towards me. 

She quickly plastered on a smile before turning to Logan, placing a hand on his bicep. "Baby, whats your friend doing here? I thought I was meeting your family tonight."

He grinned, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Devin is my family. My mom took him in recently, so he's technically my brother." The word 'brother' made me wince slightly, and I hoped neither of them noticed. 

"Oh," she said, trying to sound enthusiastic as she glared at me while Logan wasnt looking. 

"Why dont you two get accquainted some more while I got check to see if my mom needs any help with dinner before bringing my dad to meet you?"

She nods stiffly and he beams as he kisses her cheek, and then walks into the kitchen, leaving us alone. Her fake smile drops from her face almost instantly, and is replaced by a sneer. She sits down on the couch I had been previously occupying, and she regards me with hate in her eyes. 

"This is supposed to be a dinner with me, Logan, and his parents. Not you." I dont say anything, knowing it will just make things worse for me if I do. "I dont care what excuse you use, just make sure that you arent at the dinner. I dont want to inhale any more of your germs than I already have."

"But-"

"Just do it, or I'll send Chase tomorrow with a little message for you, with the entire football team."