Chapter Ten

LONGGG overdue, I know! But this chapter has just been so difficult to write for some reason. I would finish it, then it would feel wrong, so I would start over and over and over again. But its finally done and I hope I dont get anymore writers block for awhile :) Anyways, this is really just explaining who Aunt May is, and what happened to her. I hope you guys enjoy it even though there really isnt any romance in this.

Devins POV:

Tears streamed down my face as I clung to her desperatly, afraid that she might just disappear into thin air, just like before. She- she just left me there, with those people. One day she was there, and the next, she was gone, and I never saw her again. Until now of course. My Aunt May was squeezing the life out of me, but I didnt care. I was just...Happy. There was no other way to describe it. She may have left me all those years ago, but shes here now, and thats all that matters. 

"Ahem," I heard the awkward fake cough come from Logan, and I jumped a little, having almost forgotten he was here too. "Not to break up your reunion or anything, but what the hell, is going on?" His face was masked with confusion, along with a tad bit of worry. 

I gently eased my way out of Aunt Mays arms and looked back and forth between her and Logan for a bit. I didnt know what to tell him. I wasnt quite ready to tell him about my... Parents- if I can even call them that. But I couldnt deny him an explanation either. I smiled sheepishly at him before turning back to Aunt May, seeing her eyes narrowed on Logan with suspicion. 

"Aunt May-"

"Devin, who is this?" Her dark tone revealed what she was thinking: She didnt trust Logan, not one bit But from the look on Logans face, I can tell her feels the same about her. He had his arms crossed over his chest, making him appear to be very intimidating. But I knew he was just a big old softy. 

"I'm Logan, his brother. And who are you?" She blinked at him, confused as to why he called me his brother. But the scornful look remained.

Wait, brother? My heart warmed at the unintentional gesture. He didnt call me his step brother, or 'the kid we're fostering'. He actually called me his brother, something I've never had. While I loved being referred to as his brother, something about the setiment didnt sit well with me. I smiled brightly at him, wanting nothing more than to give him a big hug, but I dont think that would go over well with my Aunt. Speaking of which, she was currently having a very intense stare off with Logan. 

"That is none of your concern." The hold she had- which I didnt notice until this very moment- on my arm tightened considerably, causing me to flinch slightly as her long nails dug into my flesh.

The glare Logan had plastered on his face fell at my look of pain, as he made his way closer to me, concern written all over his face. "Devin? Are you okay?" His eyes flashed to my Aunt as he slapped her hand away, and inspected my arm for bruising. 

"I'm fine Logan," I said with a light laugh and a smile. He didnt look convinced, but nodded his head regardless, then turned to face my Aunt once again. 

"For your information lady, anything or anyone that is involved with Devin is my concern. So tell me who the hell you are and what you want with Devin." He practically snarled at her, and I placed my hand lightly on his arm to calm him down. He looked down at me, and the creases in his forehead slowly fell away, and he smiled slightly. 

"Why dont we just go to our hotel room- all of us- and talk this out? Alright?" I said and looked to both of them for answers. Logan nodded, even though I know he doesnt want her anywhere near me. But that will all be sorted out soon, and he'll understand. I moved my gaze to my Aunt, who seemed reluctant to join us, but knew that this was the only way she would be able to talk to me.