Chapter Eight

Yeah, I know I should've updated a few days ago when the goal for views was met, but I was feeling a bit of writers block with this story lately. I mean, I have ideas of where its going, but nothing for how it gets there...if that makes sense. ANYWAYS, I'd like to shout out to @AmelinePatris because she voted on like ALL of the chapters and wrote on my wall. It made me feel all warm inside, so *VIRTUAL HUG*. So this may be a bit short, I'm not really sure yet, I guess it depends on whether or not I 'get in the zone' and just never stop typing. I write the authors note before the actual chapter, so I never know until I post. Eh, oh well. 

Devins POV

When I woke up, birds were chirping, the sunlight was flowing in, and it smelt like spring time. But what really caught my attention was the fact that Logans sleeping face was right in front of mine, and his arms were wrapped tightly around me with our legs tangled together. I blushed at the closeness, but ended up just snuggling closer to him. Damn him for being so comfortable. 

I was even a little happy before I remembered why he was here in the first place. Oh god. He saw one of my night terrors last night. What if he thinks I'm a freak? What if they want to take me back?

I began to tremble with the thought of returning to the place where I knew no one, and I was barely fed enough to get through the day. Most of all though, I would miss them. Its only been about two weeks (A/N: Everytime I post its not like its been a day in their time. Time is spread out between chapters) since I've come here, but I've already grown attatched to them. Especially Logan, although I'm not sure why considering it takes me awhile before trusting anyone (A/N: I think we all know why ;) Okay, I'll shut up now). So now just thinking about them giving me up is just unbearable. But I wouldnt blame them either. Who would want a broken kid?

"Devin, whats wrong?"

I hadnt even realized that I was crying and softly sobbing into my pillow with my eyes squeezed shut. I opened them to see Logan with a sleepy, yet concerned look on his face. He reached a  hand up to rub away my tears with his thumbs and I watched him do so in wonder. 

Before, if either of my parents witnessed me crying, it would earn me a nice hit to the face and a 'punishment' later on for being such a weak, worthless excuse for a human being. 

"Oh honey, look! The stupid fuck has started crying again!" My mother started giggling as she watched me from my doorway. Tears were cascading down my cheeks, like they usually were the day after my dad had decided to use his belt on me. But not on my back. He didnt want to ruin my mothers 'masterpeice', so he would repeatedly whip it across my chest. 

"Again? Jesus, you'd think he would've ran out of his pathetic little tears by now!" My dad came into view and he casually sipped on his tea while watching me cry out in misery. But I knew that was what they wanted, so I forced myself to stop. 

I wiped at my eyes furiously to stop the overflowing tears. I was shaking still, but at least there was no more water coming out of my eyes. When I looked up, mom seemed disappointed that the show was over. I was a bit smug until I saw her smile again. 

"Now that he's stopped crying, why dont we give him a whole new reason to?"

"Oh darling, I love the way you think."

And then they both grinned at me like maniacs as they slowly came towards me.

My random flashback just made me cry harder. Why did I have to be so pitiful and stupid? I'm nothing but a waste of space as it is. But I know Logan wont hurt me like my parents did. Instead, he just did what he did last night and surrounded me with warmth and love. He didnt say anything as he comforted me, just let me drench his t-shirt. 

Soon, I stopped crying and pulled away to look up at him. His eyes were still filled with worry, but he smiled at me warmly. 

"Thank you." I sniffled and he shook his head, still grinning. 

"Theres nothing for you to thank me for."

"Just now, and last night-"

"Is something a good friend does. We're friends, so I'm going to protect you, no matter what."

Friends? I've never had a friend before. What do friends even do together? What makes a person your friend?

Logan must've seen the confusion on my face, because he laughed a bit. "Its good to have friends. They keep you company, make you laugh, and are there whenever you need them."

I cracked a small smile. It must've been a pretty bad attempt, considering how much it hurt just to tilt my lips up, but Logan seemed to appreciate it. 

"Friends also have fun together. So thats what we're gonna do today. Have fun. So I want you to take a shower and get dressed, okay? and then we're going to go do a bunch of different stuff. Whatever you want, okay?"

I nodded, excited at the idea of spending the day with Logan, having 'fun'. But I'm sure that whatever I do in his company will be more than just enjoyable. 

Logans POV

While Devin was in the shower, I went downstairs to talk have some breakfast and talk to my mom if she was up. Dad was already at work, so it'll have to wait until later to explain some stuff to him. 

When I walked in the kitchen, I was surprised to see mom making some pancakes, eggs, and bacon. She usually only does it on special occasions. 

"I figured Devin could use a nice breakfast, dont you think?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, he had a rough night."

"Speaking of which, what was that all about?" She looked over her shoulder at me with a concerned expression on her face. 

"I'm not so sure yet. But I'm going to take him around town today and maybe talk to him about it, if thats okay."

"Of course its okay! He needs a nice day out. Get some fresh air and calm himself down a bit."

"Oh, and when he comes down, dont ask any questions. Act normal and dont even fret over him. He'll get uncomfortable and crawl back into his shell."

"Sir, yes sir!"

I laughed when my mother made a mock salute and then waved me away to go take a shower since she wasnt done with the food. 

As I stood under the warm water, I thought about what we could possibly do today. I had plenty of ideas, but what would he like, if anything? I dont really know much about him besides the fact that he kicks ass at Mario Kart. He's honestly a little kid at heart. 

...

'Little kid'..I so have the best idea!!!

So its a little short, but I wanted their outing to be a whole chapter itself. If I decided to put it in this chapter, I wouldnt be able to post as soon, and I kinda already felt bad for not posting any sooner. 

GOALSSSSS: To be honest, I really just want more comments this time. So the only way I'll end up posting next time is if I get 5 comments. Which DOESNT include my replys to other comments. So if you see that 10 comments have been posted and you're all like "wheres the next chapter?!!" its because some of those were MY replys. 

CHAPTER QUESTIONS: Yeah, Ima start this kinda stuff to get you people motivated to comment. I think it'll give you something to say, cuz I know that when I'm done reading a chapter, I dont always have anything to say. But you dont HAVE to answer these. You could answer one, none, or all of them for all I care. Its just a lil somethin somethin

1. Where do you think Logan is going to take Devin?

2. Where SHOULD Logan take Devin?

3. What do you think the 'masterpeice' on Devins back is supposed to be?

4. Do you want to see something different with any characters (personality, actions, etc.)

BYEZZ PEOPLEZ <33