Chapter Four

Dont kill me! I know its been awhile, but a lot has been going on lately with Christmas and all. I was actually writing this chapter and my laptop decided to randomly shut off. So I kinda had to start over. Also, all of my other stories WILL be updated by the end of my winter break (Wednesday). 

Devins POV

I walked to homeroom happy. I had met Logans friends, and they were really nice. Jenn was a little too touchy feely, and almost scared me with how hyper she was, but I think she's being really great so far. Michael was more quiet. I know he doesnt have a lot of friends, even though he's on the track team. Usually, sports equals popularity. Logan himself had a lot of friends, but he mainly hung around Jenn and Michael.

Not that I've been watching him or anything... I just...notice these things. Yeah.

I walked into homeroom and gave my teacher my note for my absences. He smiled and waved me away. 

I felt eyes on me, but when I turned around, people were too busy with themselves to care about me. So I sat down without another thought and waited for the announcements to come on. 

I've suffered through two classes already, and the feeling of being watched hasnt left me since homeroom. 

Wanting to get away for a bit, I asked my teacher for a hall pass so I could go to the bathroom. 

Was I going to the bathroom?

Uh, no.

I walked around the school for a bit, just letting my mind wander for a bit. It would be another two hours before I would get to see Logan again at lunch, and time seemed to be going by way too slow.

I just feel safe around him and his family. And I've never felt safe before.

I dont want to lose that. 

I sighed and decided to get a drink of water before heading back to class. I dipped my head down to get a drink from the fountain. I was about to take a sip when someone shoved my face into the fountain, making me sputter on the water, getting some up my nose. 

The hold they had on my hair tightened, and they dragged me into the bathroom thats next to the fountains. 

I was shoved against the wall and immediatly kicked in the stomach. I cried out, showing the pain that I usually hid.

It's been almost over a month since I've been hit, so now it feels ten times worse than before. 

Kick.

Oh god, this fucking hurts. 

I squeeze my stomach, trying to numb the throbbing pain in my stomach, and start coughing. I hear someone laugh, and then another join in. 

Two people?! Oh god, I'm screwed. 

Logans POV

I've been standing outside the cafeteria for about five minutes, waiting for Devin to show up. I've been anxious during all my classes after hearing what Matt had to say. Apparently Chase and Jake, two football players, enjoyed using Devin as their own punching bag. So I just went through all my classes, wanting to run out and find Devin to make sure he's okay. 

And now I'm waiting for him to show up to lunch, and ten minutes have now passed. Jenn and Michael are trying to calm me down, saying things like 'oh, he's probably just going to the bathroom or something'. But when twenty minutes pass and he still hasnt shown up, I can tell they're getting a little worried too. 

"This is bullshit. I'm going to go look for him." Neither of my friends said anything as I left them and went looking around the school for him.

I've been in the gym, the library, and I'm in one of the bathrooms right now.

I'm about to give up when I see someones feet sticking out from under the stall in the mirror. 

I quickly run over and throw open the door to see Devin laying there on the ground, unconcious. His nose is bleeding; blood drips down his face and runs down his chin. A bruise is already forming on his right cheek, and theres a cut on his forehead. 

I rush over to the sink, getting a paper towl wet. I go back and sit down next to him, and start cleaning the blood off of his face, hoping the cool water will help wake him up.

Shit, he's not waking up. 

"C'mon Devin, wake up." I really want to see those beautiful green eyes looking up at me. 

His eyes begin to flutter open and I almost cry out in relief. 

"Thank you Jesus!" I scream to the ceiling and look back down at Devin. He's trying to sit up, so I put my arms around his tiny waist and help him into a sitting position. "Now that you're no longer on the ground bleeding and knocked out, care to tell me who did this?" Well, I kinda already know, but I want him to say it, just to be sure.

Devin doesnt look at me, avoiding my stare. 

"It's nothing-"

"Seriously? Did you not hear what I just said? Bleeding and knocked out. Thats not nothing."

He sighs, and looks up at me hesitantly, his blond hair hanging a bit in his face.

"I'm used to it Logan." 

Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach from the way he said my name, I narrow my eyes at him. "Sure, you're used to it. But now you have a family that cares about you, and we dont want you hurt. So I repeat: Who. Did. This?"

"Chase and Jake." I clench my fists and he quickly adds, "Dont do anything to them! They're really big and I dont want you hurt."

He blushes after admiting the last part, and I cant help but admit how adorable that is.

"Fine. But if they do anything again, you tell me."He nods quickly and I smile at him. "Now, what do you think we should say to my mom?"

"What do you mean?" He asks, confused. 

"You have a cut on your forehead and a huge ass bruise on your cheek. Whats the excuse?"

"Uh.. um- I fell?" 

....

"Okay, I can see that you're a terrible liar already. Just leave it to me then, kay?"

I SO cant wait to explain this to my mother.

Short, I know. But I'm kinda doing this last minute and REALLY quickly since the one I originally wrote wasnt saved when my computer crashed. Maybe later on, I'll edit this and add more.

And I'm SOSOSOSO happy with the response I've been getting with this story. A lot of people have added this to their reading lists, so I'm getting a little excited :D

Soon I might ask for a certain amounts of votes in order for  another chapter, but probably not until I get more people reading. 

-Sara <3333