Chapter Eleven

Its been awhile, I know. But I just needed to figure out where to go with the story before continuing it. I think it would've been worse if I just aimlessly posted chapters that had no real plot until I figured out what to do. Theres good and bad news though. The bad new is that this chapter is on the shorter side. The good part is that I now know what I'm doing, and I already have the next two chapters already written out in my journal. I wont be posting them too soon together, maybe like one every couple days since you've waited so long for this post. 

Anyways, theres something important you gotta read at the end of the chapter. If you read Always, then you'll already know what I'm talking about, but I encourage you to vote again (If you dont know what I mean, you'll know at the end).

Alright, I'll stop rambling now. READ ON!

Logans POV:

Its been about a week since we left Ocean City and after the reunion Devin had with his Aunt May. 

There was a lot of questions about what would happen to Devin next. Would he leave and stay with his Aunt now that they've found each other? After all, she's a blood relative, and has some major leverage, even though we've brought him into our family already. But she said she had decided what she was going to do that same night we had talked. 

I thought that had meant she would be taking him away from us. From me. I didnt want him to leave now that I've grown attatched to him so much. 

In the end, she told us that she wanted Devin to stay with me and my family. She said it would be better for him to know what a real family feels like and that she couldn't provide that for him. I wasnt sure exactly what she meant about that, but its Devins business, not mine. 

Before we left to go home, his Aunt told him that she would remain in touch- there was no way she would leave him a second time. We made arrangements for her to come visit over this weekend, and since then, Devins been nothing but happy. He was constantly beaming. He would sit with my mother and talk to her about Aunt May and how much he couldnt wait for her to meet his new family. 

When he said that, my mother teared up. Since we took Devin in, shes wanted nothing more than for him to feel like we were his family- and that we love him. 

But while she cried tears of joy, I felt a stab of pain through my heart. 

Jenn and Michael also noticed a change in Devin since we came back. They were constantly asking what had changed; What was the reason behind the sudden transformation? But instead of answering their pleading questions, he would simply smile, shake his head, then simply state that I was the best friend- and brother- he could ever have. 

I remember how when he called me his brother or his best friend before, I would feel warmth spread throughout me. Now, its like a sudden sting. 

I'm not in denial, I know why it almost hurts for him to call me that now. I know why I look at him a little longer than normal. I know why I cant help but worry constantly over him. I understand completely. 

I like him. Its really that simple. I'm not one of those cliche guys who are 'confused' about their sexuality when they start looking at guys instead  of girls. I'm not an idiot. 

But I refuse to make a move on Devin. I'll never ask him out, I wont even tell him about my feelings. 

My reasoning isnt something superficial. 

Its not that he isnt good enough. Because he is. In fact, he's too good for me. He's probably the most gorgeous human being around. He literally glows in my eyes. I get lost in his eyes, and I cant help want to stare at him forever.