Chapter Six

Okay, so I was a little disappointed that my goals werent met, but I did say that I would update regardless if it reached 110 reads. Dont get me wrong, I'm so FLIPPING happy that this story got that far, but I want to know that people actually like this before I spend my time writing it. I'm in high school, so I have a ton of shit to do, and after all that, I still want to have a life. So I just need motivation to keep me going (AKA, votes, comments, etc). 

ANYWAYS, this chapter has some bad language, and may be found to be a bit disturbing to some. If you dont want to read it, wait until the row of ****, which is when it ends. If you dont read it, there will be a little summary on what happened before the row of ***. ENJOY

Devins POV

I flinched at the sound of my father pounding his fist on my bedroom door. I was hiding under my bed, shivering uncontrollably as I waited for my father to eventually break down the door. I had fallen asleep when I got home from school, exhausted from my lack of sleep mingled with overwork and stress, and ended up not finished any of my chores. Naturally, my father was unbelievably pissed off. So I locked the door before he could run in and beat me to a pulp. 

Before I had jumped under my bed, I opened the window, to make it seem like I had left through there. Maybe he'll fall for it, and maybe he wont. 

"Open up you fucking faggot!" He was screaming now, which only meant he was getting closer to completely losing his cool, and end up breaking my door off its hinges. 

Tears were dripping down my face, and I was desperatly trying to stop any sobs from escaping my mouth.I couldnt stop my hands from trembling horribly, as I awaited my doom. 

"Fuck this!"

And with that, a loud bang was heard, followed by the sound of the door flying off the frame and landing on the ground. I jumped slightly, and covered my mouth to keep myself from shouting out. I could see his feet stalking around my room, searching in my closet and under my covers. 

"Damn it! Carol! He must've left through the window!" He shouted down to my mom, and she screamed something back at him. 

Yeah, even my mom hates me. In fact, she always requests that my dad brings me to her when he beats me so she can watch. Sometimes she'll even join in on the 'fun'. 

I continued to hold my breath as he walked around a bit more, but then his feet disappeared. Frowning, I looked towards the other end of my bed to find nothing. Did he leave? He couldnt have. I didnt see him leave through the doorway. 

Suddely, I was pulled out from under the bed from behind me. I screamed loudly, and started flailing my arms as I kicked my legs around, trying to break free. I went silent when he slapped me so hard across the face, my vision began to blur. 

"What the fuck did you think you were doing?!" He screamed in my face. His bad breath washed over me and I almost gagged. Eyes filled with hatred and contempt stared back into my terror filled ones. 

He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me uncontrollably, bellowing insults at me. I started to cry even harder, as I prayed to the God I dont believe in to save me from this pain. 

Next thing I know, I'm being thrown on the ground, making an audible crunching noise. I yelled out in pain, as I knew my shoulder was probably dislocated. Soon after, he grabbed me by the foot and dragged me out of my room, toward the stairs. I widened my eyes at the sight of them and he just smiled down at me. In no time, I was being pulled down twenty stairs. I winced everytime I reached the next and almost cried out in joy when I reached the floor. 

That was short lived though. 

My mom walked over to me with some heavy duty tape and smirked at my face which was contorted in pain. My dad held my figure down as she slapped the tape across my mouth, effectivly shutting me up. After a few seconds of silence, my father began to kick me fiercly, and I tried to scream in pain as his foot connected to my bruised and broken ribs, but it all came out muffled. I glanced to my right and saw my mom sitting on the couch, casually sipping some wine, as if her only son wasnt being tortured right before her eyes. 

"How dare you fucking disobey us!" Kick. "We feed and clothe your pathetic ass, and this is how you repay us?" Kick. "I hope you're happy!" Kick. 

And then it all stopped. Relief went through me, but I guess I relaxed too soon. 

I felt pressure on my shoulder as my father held me down. I screamed in horror when I saw my mother walk towards me with a lighter and swiss army knife. She was smiling evily at me, and looked as if she was trying to hold in laughter. 

She set the tools on the table beside me, and started to kick my already mangled body with her sharp stillettos. With every jab I screamed and thrashed about, but never broke away. The grip my dad had on my shoulders suddenly increased in pressure, making me feel as though my arm was being ripped off. My shoulder was most definitly dislocated now. 

My mom stopped kicking, but my fathers grip never left. I saw he walk over to the table once again to get the two items she had been carrying before. I wailed in complete terror as she came closer and closer to me. 

The flame flicked on on the lighter, and she grinned as she lowered the fire towards me. A searing pain went through my arm as she burned me over and over again with the lighter. She set down the lighter just to pick up the knife and tear my shirt off. 

Tears were streaming down my cheeks and I was covered in bruises, blood, and burns. I was flipped onto my back and held down once again. The knife was coming closer and closer, and soon reached my skin-

*********************************************************************

(Devins parents were basically beating him up and at the end, his mother was coming toward his back with a knife)

I flew up in my bed, screaming my lungs out. In the middle of my drawn out scream, Logan burst into my room with wide concerned eyes. He took in my cowered, shaking figure before running over to me and taking me trembling body into his arms. I wailed uncontrollably and the tears never stopped coming. 

He simply rubbed my back and tried to soothe me, to no avail. I was still sobbing when his mother and father were suddenly in the doorway as well. They looked at me, huddled in Logans safe arms and were about to run over as well. But I whimpered and cowered away from them. 

"I'll take care of him. Go back to sleep," Logan said. His mom and dad looked uneasy about leaving, but eventually nodded and left. I wanted to tell Logan thanks for sending them away, but I was too busy hyperventilating. 

The warmth of Logans body started to help me calm down, and I was soon just silently crying. He stroked my hair softly and didnt say a word as I continued to cry in his chest. I was grateful that he wasnt asking any questions, but I knew he soon would. But for now, I would contently lie in his comforting arms, and let the rest of the world fade away. 

Short I know, but if the goals arent met, they will be short. If the goals ARE met, I will spend much more time writing and editing the chapter so it can be longer for you guys. 

Goals:

Votes- 7 votes. Total of 13 overall. 

Comments- 3 comments. Total of 6 overall. 

If this story reaches 250 views, I will post regardless. But IT WILL BE SHORT. I would prefer to get votes and feedback instead of views. If the votes and comments goals are met, I will post and longer and more interesting chapter. 

-LOVE, SARA