Chapter 1- First Day

Jess woke up to the sound of her alarm clock going off. She felt around for it, and when she found it she slammed it with all her might.

Today was the first day of her new school. She was scared, and worried. She felt every emotion, except happiness.

The only reason she moved to Phoenix Drop is because her old school was the worst. Everyone bullied her and teased her. Not even the teachers were nice!

So Jessica and her parents moved to Phoenix Drop so she could switch schools. And already, Jess was having second thoughts.

She got up from her bed and looked around her room. She and her parents moved here two weeks ago. Yet, there was still two or three box's in her room.

Jess went to the bathroom and brushed her long, thick, raven black hair. She put it in a high ponytail.

She never really wore makeup, because it made her face all sticky. But she did put on a little lip gloss every now and then.

Quickly, she ran down to the kitchen. Her parents have already left. Her dad is a firefighter and her mother is a lawyer.

She grabbed some eggs from the fridge. She cracked them and made them land in the pan.

All of the sudden her phone rang. It was her cousin, Owkard. He is her only friend, and only family other then her parents.

She picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"Jessica! I thought I would give you a call to check up on you since we are not going to the same school anymore." He said. She smiled. It was so kind of him to call her.

She put her eggs on her plate and turned off the stove. She replied, "Thanks. I haven't left yet. I have about fifteen minutes to eat my breakfast and leave!"

He laughed. She missed her cousins laugh. It was one that you wanted to hear over and over again. "Well, remember that today is your first day. Anything can happen!"

Jess shouted with a mouth full of eggs, "That's the problem! What if this school is just as bad, or worse!"

Owkard sighed. He responded, "Jess, it's alright. You are kind and smart. Who wouldn't wanna be friends with you."

She smiled and said, "Thanks dude. But what if something bad happens?"

He replied, "Then go and tell a teacher. Remember, you have my number if you wanna talk. And call my parents if you need someone to pick you up."

Jess moaned, "Okay. I have to leave in like five minutes. I will talk to you later Owkard. Love you!"

"Love you too!" He said. And with that they hung up. It will be different without her loving cousin there. Oh well.

She put her plate away in the sink. She grabbed her backpack off the sofa and went to the door.

Her hand was shaking, and she had butterflies in her stomach. She took a deep breath and opened the door.

She walked towards the bus stop. Yes, she has to ride the bus. Her house is about a thirty minute walk away. So her parents forced her to ride the bus.

Another thing she hated about this school. She had to ride the stupid bus! At her other school, she got to walk everyday. Which was nice.

But this time she had to take a bus. She never really had been on a bus. Only like once or twice. Other then that this is her first time.

The bus stop is about a two minute walk from her house. It's better then walking thirty minutes in the morning when it is freezing cold!

She got to the bus stop. There were five people there already. She looked at her phone. It was 7:05. And the bus got there at 7:10.

Three people were standing up, and the other two were sitting on a bench. She sat next to them.

She was sitting next to a girl. She had reddish brownish hair and had a beautiful smile. Next to her sat a boy. He had brown curly hair with glasses.

It was total silence between them. The other three people were talking away. That's when the girl broke the silence.

"Hi, my name is Shelby." She said. She did a small wave at her. Jess was shocked that she actually talked to her.

Jess waved back. "Hello. My name is Jessica, but you can call me Jess." She smiled brightly. Brighter then the sun.

"Well nice to meet you Jess. This is my cousin Ross." She said as she pointed at the guy next to her.

He looked up from the ground and said, "H-h there. I-it is n-nice to meet y-you."

"Well it is nice to meet you to Ross." She said as she looked at him. He seemed nervous, like really nervous.

"Sorry about him. It's just his first year here and he is scared." Shelby explained as she patted him on that back.

Jess gasped, "Really? It's my first year too!"

Ross smiled. "That's a relief. At least I am not the only one that is new. So where do you come from?"

"I am from O'kasis. What about you?" Jess asked.

He responded, "I am from Bright Port. We moved here so my mom could have a job. So I had to move in with Shelby."

"I had to move here to transfer schools." Said Jess, looking down at her feet.

Shelby looked shocked. She yelled, "Why in the world would you transfer? I here Okasis Prep is the best school in the state!"

It was true. Everyone thought it was the best, except for Jess. "Well, the school is nice. But the students and teachers not so much."

"Did you get bullied?" Asked Shelby as she put her hand on Jess' arm. She looked straight in Jess' hazel eyes.

"Yeah," answered Jess. "People teased me and bullied me because I am short and being a nerd."

Shelby shouted out loud, "Well good news! You now have to new nerdy friends. Whether you like it or not!"

Jess chuckled. "Thanks."

The bus came around the corner. It stopped right besides the stop sign and the doors opened.

They got in the bus and went to the very back. Shelby and Ross sat in the very back seats on the right. And Jess sat across from them on the left.

Jess looked at her phone. She texted Owkard that she was on the bus and made to new friends.

While she waited for his response, she watced YouTube. She watched her favorite youtubers, Jenna Marbles and Smosh.

The bus haulted, causing everyone to move forward. The bus stopped and three people got on.

The first two people sat in the very front. But the last person kept walking. And walking.

That's when he sat next to Jess. She looked up at him. He had brown chocolate eyes, with red ginger hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am back! Sorry I deleted the other book. But let's not talk about that. Let's talk about Mithmau. What's gonna happen? Will they talk, or will they not?

Nobody knows . . .

Except me! XD