Don't Leave Me 《Bokuto Koutarou》

WARNING: This one-shot talks about anxiety. If you are not comfortable with that type of content, I suggest you to leave.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

~Bree's POV~

I knew that this was going to be a shitty day right from the start.
It was raining when I woke up this morning to an empty bed, yet again. Bokuto must have left early for practice.

Sighing, I got up and went to the bathroom. It was so damn cold. It was so warm before, when I had him around me but now...

"It's freezing here." My voice quivers as I try to warm myself up with a stray blanket I found on the couch. It was no use because nothing can replace his warmth. With one hug, the coldness would suddenly vanish but I haven't felt that closeness in a while.

Making myself a warm cup of tea, I sit at the counter. Looking towards the living room, I noticed the many pictures we had. Past memories from high school where we would skip class together and go to our favorite food place. When we would annoy Akaashi with our terrible owl puns and inside jokes. When the team would yell at Bokuto for not paying attention in practice and blame me for it.

Those were the days when we were truly happy. Ever since graduating, things have taken a turn for the worst. We were once so happy because we were moving in together and staring a new chapter in our life. The excitement was short lived when we got occupied with school and jobs.

Bokuto still plays volleyball but I could see that he was miserable. The high school player would've called me on my phone and talk about games and practice matches for hours and hours. Now, he comes home tired and just murmurs a quick answer under his breath. This was the same person who once talked about volleyball with such passion and happiness.

He had a hard time getting used to the new setter. Akaashi had gone to a separate college but he still texted Bokuto every two days. They share their experiences with each other and how they can't get used to the new team. It was heartbreaking to see Koutarou so upset about losing his bestfriend and former setter.

"He should be home by now."
Glancing at the clock, I remember that Bokuto should be here already, but he still wasn't.

"Maybe he got caught up in some extra training?"

Either way, I wait for him to arrive. An hour passes, then two and there is still no sign of him arriving anytime soon. No calls, no texts. It's like he disapeared into thin air.

I didn't notice the change in time until now. The once rainy morning has turned into a starry evening but there was still no sign of Bokuto. The anxiety has started to build up and I am worried about his well-being.

I dial his parents' numbers but he was not there. I try to stay as calm as possible and I told them to not worry. Calling the nearby hospital, I have mixed feelings. At the same time, I want him to be okay and not laying in a hospital bed injured but I still want to know his whereabouts.

"Okay. Thank you for checking. Bye."

I groan in frustration but at the same feel relieved at the news. That still didn't help the anxiousness I'm feeling. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something bad happen to Kou.