Laced - Chapter 44 (Claiming Dominance)

Start from the beginning

I have to fight a smile - her words sounded the exact same as mine did when I was trying to convince Caleb that I was not drunk.

But still, she disobeyed me.

"I said you are to stay in here, and that's final." My tone is authoritative,  not giving any hint of leeway. I wasn't going to give in to her this time.

"But-"

"No."

"You're kidding." Her expression is one of disbelief.

"No, I am not. You're staying in here, and that's final."

"I hate you!" She snarled, whipping around and stomping off to her bathroom.

"Don't be childish, Abigail." I roll my eyes, my hand grasping around her arm and pulling her back to me.

Her sapphire eyes glare at me, her lips pursed. "You're the only one being childish, here. You're acting like a caveman. Seriously, stop getting so jealous-"

My hand clamps over her mouth, effectively cutting her off midsentence. "Don't."

When I loosen my grip on her, she pulls away but doesn't walk away from me, instead wrapping her arms around herself. "What?" She spits.

"Look, don't make this any harder on me. I'm already dealing with a bunch of shit, and I don't want to have to worry about another thing." I say honestly, but completely ignore the fact that I was buried in jealousy. Of course I would never admit that.

"Well, you won't have to. I promise I won't drink anymore, tonight. Just let me go ba-"

"No! I said no, Abigail!" I let go of her, my arms coming up in anger. "Why do you always have to push me! I said, no, and that's final! Since when do you have a choice in what you do? You don't, okay? I make those choices! I make every fucking choice about your life, and you can't do anything about it! The faster you comprehend this, the easier it will be for you."

She flinches, taking a step back from me at my outburst, but that only fuels the fire. "You need a wake up call, Abigail. This isn't about you. It's about me - what I want is what I get, and there's nothing you can do about it! I'm the one who owns you, not the other way around!" My finger is pointing accusingly towards her, and I am literally screaming in her face. I had her cornered, her back to the wall, her large eyes frightened. Her eyes flick to the side - she's trying to find a way to escape, but I am not merely a cat - I am the lion -, and she is a tiny mouse, and there is no escaping my wrath this time.

Her hands come up, surrendering. Her figure is tensed, much like mine. Her eyes look away, to the floor, in defeat, and I know that I have won. She's finally realized who's boss here, who runs the place, who sets the rules, who controls her life. Good.

Acknowledging her surrender, I step out of my aggressive stance and lean against the door of her room. She's biting on her lip, trying to hold back tears, I guess.

I hadn't realized I'd been holding my breath, so when I exhale, it sounds angrier that I had meant for it to be. My hand comes up to rub the nape of my neck, and my head begins to pound.

As if breaking out of her shock, Abigail slowly bends down, her fingers working to unlatch the high heeled shoe from her right foot. Once she's removed it, her hands move to the left shoe, and she slowly begins to undo that latch as well. She's at least five inches shorter now, standing on her bare feet. Slowly, and silently, she picks up the shoes and stands up straight again, and then walks over to her dresser.

I realize that she's finally given in, and she's undressing.

She places the heels neatly next to her wooden dresser, all too silently. She moves slowly to stand in front of the bureau mirror, and then her fingers slowly move up to the pins in her curled hair. Abigail pulls them from her hair, and sets them down onto the dresser quietly.