Chapter 40

Well here it is. The last chapter. Enjoy.

Kaid POV

I walked out of the house on the estate we lived in. A few years back, my dad just bought a huge plot of land with four houses on it. The main house, which is where my parents and siblings live and then mine, which is in the far corner of the estate and then the other two, one's the pool house currently and the other, not in use. It would probably soon be my sister's, who was 20.

I couldn't believe I was 27. I have really came a long way. I remember when I first knew I was different from everyone else. I remember when I knew there was something wrong with me. I remember when my own father didn't want me. I remember how angry I was at myself, I thought it was my fault that I couldn't talk.

I have grown from that experience though, of course I wanna be like my father, but not that part of him. I would never turn my own kid away like that because of their condition. I'd be a hypocrite if I do that anyway. My life is great now and I will not continue to live in the past.

I walked down the pathway to my parents' house. It was pretty secluded, there were a lot of trees on the side of the walkways. I'm sure this property cost a pretty penny. My dad is a producer of this huge label, so he has it. I went in the back door of the house. It was dinner time. Of course I cooked my own dinner, but tonight, I just wasn't feeling it.

I opened the huge french doors and walked in. "Hey Kaid." My little brother Kyle said. He was the baby, he was 10. I continued to walk to the dining room where I saw my father.

"Dinner is about that only thing you're on time for." I signed.

'Who wouldn't be on time for food?' He chuckled. I looked at him and could tell he was aging. Gray hairs on his beard becoming more prominent. His blonde hair having streaks of gray, but not as much as his beard. I chuckled and helped him set the table.

"Hey Kaid." My mother kissed me on the cheek. I smiled at her and sat down at the table. My sister, K.C., sat next to me. She is the second oldest, of course the first one being me.

"Kaid scoot over, you're always in my space." I gave her a 'really' look and scooted over a bit, now I had no space. She smiled and waited for Mom to put food on the table.

"Kendall and Konan! Get your ass-butts down here." My dad said, he took a breather. Kendall and Konan were my twin 16 year old brothers. Man, they did not follow the rules at all, my father has beaten their asses before, it seems like he has to do it again.

They ran down and sat across from me. I really never talk to Kendall and Konan, they really didn't accept me for being mute. They always thought I was weird and didn't want to talk to me because they felt that it would look bad on them. Yeah, it's unfortunate, but surprisingly, it didn't affect me as much as I thought.

They looked at me, then proceeded on their phones. "Aren't you gonna say hello to your brother?" My father said, glaring daggers at them.

"Hi Kaid." They said in unison, giving me an eerie look. I looked at them, but made no sign of a hello back to them. They didn't wanna say hi to me, so I'm not gonna say hi to them. My father sighed as my mother brought the food in. Finally, we needed something to put in our mouths before someone started an argument.

Everyone started picking up food and putting it on their plates, passing it around the table. I picked up the pan of lasagna and began to put it on my plate. "Hey, I was goin' for that Kaid." Konan said sternly. I signed.

'You can wait, you won't die stupid, do you even know what I'm saying to you. I doubt it'. They didn't care to be fluent in sign language, or any type of communication with me whatsoever. My sister chuckled and so did my little brother, they were fluent in sign language.

"Kaid, do not call your brother stupid."

"You called me stupid? Actually you can't call anyone, you're mute!" My dad slammed his fork on his plate.

"Go! Konan get out! If you lock your door again, I will kick your ass when you come out!" Konan grumbled and got up from the table. My dad ran his hand through his hair and looked at me. I signed.

'I'm gonna go'.

"Kaid." My sister said. I shook my head and left. I walked down the pathway to not my house, but a pond we had on the property. I kneeled down and looked into the water. I looked at my reflection. I saw a dirty blonde trimmed beard with my hair slicked down. Then, I saw that little boy. That little boy that was different everyone else. That little boy couldn't communicate with people like most people did. That boy who's father didn't like him.

I couldn't see him directly, no, but he was there. He was there always and forever, he wasn't going anywhere. I will always be different, I just have to accept that, which I've done. Of course, I'm not the only one in this world, there are plenty of mute people, just like me.

I may not have been the child my parents wanted, but I've been the best person I can be for them and for my siblings. My twin brothers are still immature and in their teenage years, only focused on girls, they too have to realize that their big brother isn't like most big brothers. No matter how much they despise me, I'm always gonna be there.

"Hey." I turned a bit and saw my dad. He kneeled with me. I smiled at him. "I'm sorry, your twin brothers are seriously off the wall and your mom and I are considering sending them to military school, which probably will happen. I love you, Kendall and Konan love you, Kyle loves you, your mom and so does K.C., we'll always love you." We stood straight up. I gave him a hug.

'Thanks Dad, I really needed that'. He patted my shoulder.

"I don't care how different you are, the only thing that matters is you're my son."

Funny how life turns out, right?

And so it is the last chapter. Thank you so much for supporting My Son, lots of love going around and I love to see that. I'll post an update soon, this story was truly touching. Thanks for reading.

BTROFFICIAL