Chapter 34

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

"Yes, thanks Phil." I got off the phone with my realtor. This move was gonna happen and fast. I put my phone down. I had been thinking about something, a lot. The year was almost over, it was November 1st. Of course you know what's tomorrow. My birthday! Man, I was getting old. I was turning 25 this year, where does the time go, honestly. Anyway, I was thinking about popping the question to Katelyn.

We have been dating nearly a year and, I've been wanting to do this since we've been apart, but of course, I had to give us time. I pretty much had my mind made up, I was going to propose to her. I smiled, but I needed professional help. I went upstairs and lightly knocked on Kaid's door.

"Kaid?" I opened it a bit and he was on his computer. He turned around in his computer chair and raised his eyebrows. "I want your help on something?" He nodded. "I want to propose to Mommy, you know what that means?" He tilted his head from side to side. "I'm gonna marry her."

'Oh! Yeah, I know what that is' I laughed and nodded.

"Yes, so, will you help me?" He nodded eagerly. I went over and fist bumped him. "Let's go to the jewelry store." He followed me out of his room and down the steps. "Katelyn! We're going to the jew-fish market? Yeah fish market!" What? I didn't know what to say instead, so I said what just came to mind. Fish market.

"Ok?!" She yelled back from upstairs.

I opened the front door and let Kaid go out first. Kaid started to go to the backseat. "Don't tell your mom I let you sit in the front seat." I smiled and got in the front. I drove to an exclusive jeweler. I pulled up and we got out the car. I went inside and you could tell the store had exclusive jewels. There was a diamond chandelier, stone in crested borders around the display cases. This store was made up of jewels.

"How many I help you sir?" An older lady said from behind the display case. I smiled and walked over to her.

"I am here to look at wedding rings." She smiled.

"Proposing are we?"

"Yes, indeed ma'am." She motioned for me to follow her to another display case.

"Here are the wedding rings." I looked down at them and they were incredible.

"You see anything she might like Kaid?" He pointed to one particular band. I looked and it was a small tier of diamonds on the band. "Whoa, that's nice."

"What's your name young man?" The lady asked.

"Uh, he can't talk ma'am. He has a mute condition." She looked surprised. "Yeah, it's not very common, but..."

"No, I very well know. My grandson is also mute." Wow, I've never met anyone who has a mute relative.

"Really?" I looked at Kaid, who was watching her. She nodded.

"He's seven." I chuckled.

"So is he." She smiled wide and nodded. I asked to see the diamond band with the small tiers on it. She pulled it out for me.

"How much?"

"$40,000." Whoa that was a lot, but you can't put a price on love.

"I'll take it." She went over and put it in the famous black box. I gave her my card. I paid for it and she gave the ring to me. "Thank you ma'am." She smiled.

"Thank you sir, and you have a good day young man." Kaid smiled at her and followed me out to the car.

"Thanks for helping Kaid."

'When are you gonna propose'? I shook my head. I haven't thought that far yet.

"I have no idea, but very, very soon. Let's get home for dinner." A few minutes later we arrived home. We walked through the door and into the kitchen.

"Just in time boys." I smirked.

"Of course, I always have perfect timing." I walked up close to her. She gave me a peck on the lips and then shoved me out of the way.

"Kaid, you can get your plate first." Katelyn pushed me out of the way even more while smiling at Kaid. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Make sure you eat slow Kaid." He nodded and sat at the table. I went to reach for my plate, but Katelyn grabbed it and made hers. I am feeling very neglected at the moment. I fake cried.

"You don't love me." She laughed and made her plate.

"Shut up and go sit down. I'll make your plate." I quickly smiled and sat next to Kaid. I leaned all over him while he ate his food.

"Whatcha got there Kaid?" He raised one eyebrow and continued eating. He looked at me like I was completely crazy. I was just in a very playful mood.

"Leave our son alone and eat your food." I pouted and began eating. "Eat your vegetables, and drink your milk, it'll make you stronger." She was treating me like a child, I may have been acting like one. I turned to make sure Kaid wasn't watching and I gave her the middle finger. She fake gasped. "Meanie." Katelyn would be nice and not give me the middle finger back.

After dinner, we sat on the couch together and watched tv. The tv was watching Kaid, he fell asleep a while ago. "You birthday is tomorrow." I nodded.

"Yeah..."

"What do you wanna do?" I shrugged.

"Spend time with you guys then get drunk afterwards." She chuckled.

"Well, I arranged a party for you at our house tomorrow, all your friends and brothers, your mom and dad weren't on board for crazy drunk young people. They said they'd spend time with you later." I pointed to Kaid.

"What about him?"

"Your parents are gonna watch him." I nodded slowly. I moved my eyebrows up and down. "Oh god don't even say it, you're so obsessed." She slapped my chest. "You need counseling. There, I will pay a whole month of counseling as your birthday present."

"I am just a hormonal man." She scoffed.

"More hormones than a 15 year old boy." I shook my head and chuckled.

"Whatever."

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL :)