Chapter 23

Enjoy.

Katelyn POV

I clapped as my boss exited the stage. This is his third presentation and helping him set up for these, was exhausting, but I enjoyed listening to his moving speeches. I smiled as he came behind the curtain. He put his hands up slightly.

"So, how'd I do?" I smiled and nodded at him.

"You did great Mr. Schulman, your best speech yet." He clapped his hands and walked off toward his associates. I went over and helped some of my colleagues put everything back in folders and also, to prepare for his next speech.

Later that night, I was in my hotel room. I took off my little jacket and threw it on the bed. I sighed and rubbed my hands, all that filing has made them stiff, working me too hard man. A knock on my door came a couple minutes later. I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone, I mean, anyone. Except for Kendall and Kaid of course.

I opened the door to see James. I smiled and furrowed my eyebrows. "What's up James? What're you doing here?" He put his hands in his pocket and leaned against the door frame.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner, just dinner, nothing more, nothing less. You need to get out and have a nice meal. I've seen you looking over those speeches day and night." That was enough said for me. I grabbed my jacket and purse and looked at him.

"Let's go." He smiled and I followed him out the hotel.

"It's in walking distance so, I figured we could just walk, unless you don't want to." I shook my head and waved at him.

"No, it's perfectly fine." He was indeed right, it was in walking distance because that only took three minutes. We got inside and the hostess escorted us to our table. It was a very candle lit ambiance. It had a sense of privacy, I liked it. Very, very classy. We looked through the menu.

"Um, no room for discussion. I'm paying," says James. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"I kind of figured you wouldn't let me." He gave me a thumbs up and we continued scanning our menus.

"So! How's it going?" I put down my menu and shrugged.

"Great, everything's great at home, great at work. How about you?" He shook his head.

"Same for me, nothing really exciting going on in my life, well, I got a new dog." My eyes lit up, I love dogs. They're so fun to be around and a major stress reliever, for me at least.

"Oooh, what did you name him?"

"Jax." I nodded and smiled at him. I never had a dog growing up, I always wanted one, but we just never got one. Maybe I'll get one soon. I'm sure Kaid would be absolutely down for that. The waitress came back and took our drink orders, but we told her we were ready to order our food as well. She took our menus and went on her way back to the kitchen.

Being with James at the moment wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, considering that he didn't like the fact that I was with Kendall, but like I said, like it or leave it. It was actually nice sitting with a friend and having casual conversation, not too emotional, but emotional enough.

After about a half an hour later, our food came. We ate and it was amazing. Best food I ever had, it better be considering the look on James' face when he got the bill. He paid it and we walked back to my hotel room. We stopped in front of the door.

"Thanks for letting me take you out, it was nice." I pursed my lips together and nodded.

"Yeah, I needed that outing, it was great for me too, maybe we should do it again some time." He nodded and grabbed my arm. I raised one of my eyebrows and before I knew it.