Chapter 7

Enjoy.

Katelyn POV

I bent down and hugged Kaid. "Be careful ok? Be back in an hour ok? You have your watch." He nodded and went outside.

He likes to go around the block and ride down the hill, he loves to do that for a long time on different vehicles he rides. I closed the door and then went to pick out what I was going to make for dinner.

I started looking down the list of foods that I made already this week, check marking and shaking my head at different options. I sighed and finally settled on breakfast for dinner, Kaid would love that.

Today was cleaning day because it was Saturday, also it was a chill day because I didn't have to work and Kaid didn't have to go to school. I started going around and doing chores. Starting in the living room, dust mopping the wooden floors. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I looked to see who it was.

When I saw it was James, I clicked answer and pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hello." He chuckled over the phone.

"Hey Katelyn, just wanted to see what you were doing on this fine day." I smiled and put the dust mop to the side. I sat on the couch because this conversation wasn't gonna be over anytime soon.

"Oh I'm just cleaning up the house a bit, Kaid wanted to go around the block and ride down the hill." He shuffled over the phone a bit.

"Ok, always good to clean. I just got done working out." Oh, the shuffling was him breathing all heavy. I laughed.

"Yeah, I knew something was up by the way you were breathing." He laughed.

"Yeah, my workouts are intense, very intense." I nodded. James worked out like he was going into the military, he worked and worked for hours of the day. Lifting weights and running his ass off.

"How about I come over and help you?" I tapped my chin and thought. Should I really let him into my house? Oh what am I doing? Treating James like he's a killer or something.

"Of course, come over. You know the way to my house right?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I don't wanna sound creepy, but my aunt lives near you and I saw you walk in your house. I swear I wasn't stalking." I laughed out loud. That does sound creepy.

"No worries, I don't think you're a creepy guy, but I'll see you when you get here."

"Ok, don't continue cleaning without me!" I chuckled.

"Ok, I won't." I hung up the phone and decided to watch tv until James came to help me clean. James was a sweet guy and I could imagine myself being with him, he was perfect. I never really dated anybody since Kendall. Kendall's dickness took a toll on me. I made up the word dickness.

Finally about 15 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I went over and opened the door to see who I expected, James.

I gave him a hug and let him in. He looked around with his hands in his pockets, nodding.

"Nice crib you got here Kate, almost better than mine in fact." I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.

"Almost?"

"Almost." He laughed. "Mr. Schulman must pay you good." I shrugged and jokingly said.

"Eh. Let's get to work." He smiled and I went down a list of things that needed to be done. He nodded and went off in different directions doing different tasks.

The music was blaring on the bluetooth speakers as we cleaned around the house. I could hear James singing as he mopped the kitchen floor. He was such a good singer. He said he wanted to be a singer, but never thought he could ever do it.

Finally we got done a little while later and I still had sometime to kill before Kaid would get back. James and I sat on the couch and watched tv.

"So, would you like to stay for dinner?" He smiled and looked at me.

"Sure, what's on the menu?"

"Pancakes, eggs, bacon and hash browns!" I said excitedly. He laughed and nodded.

"Brinner, I like it." I gave him a 'really' look.

"Brinner, only you James." He smiled at me. I decided to at least get brinner started a bit early.

I laid out the stuff to make the pancakes, scrabbled the eggs in a bowl so they were ready to get put on the pan, and laid out the bacon. James was helping me do everything.

We started talking a little bit about work and what he would do when he got home.

We sat down at the table.

"So Katelyn, I was wondering if you'd wanna go out with me sometime?" See, I knew this was going to happen.

"Oh, sure of course. I'd love to go out." He nodded and put his hand over his heart.

"Woo, that was easier than I thought it would be haha." I smiled.

"Not to scare you or anything," he fiddled with his hands, "like, just out of curiosity, would you be ok with being in a relationship with someone like me, or even me?" He let out a nervous laugh.

Of course I'd be ok with it. He was such a gentleman and I'd be way interested in the near future, but not now.

"Yes James, I would be with someone like you, or even you." He nodded and smiled, a shade of red appearing on his face. I did a fake gasp.

"Did I just make you blush?" He grabbed my hand and slapped it lightly.

"No shut up." I smiled and looked at him. We were interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

Bang! Bang! Bang! I got up quickly and James was following me. I opened the door not expecting what was going to be behind it.

Kendall was holding Kaid in his arms with his broken skateboard by his side.

What'd you guys think, let me know. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL