Chapter 20

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

Right now, things were pretty tense in Katelyn's house. Its only been a few days since the whole thing happened the night we were supposed to go to dinner. Kaid doesn't even acknowledge me anymore. It's funny because I wanted nothing to do him and now he wants absolutely nothing to do with me. What are the odds? Anyway, Katelyn was alright with me I guess, we talked and everything like casually, but I could tell she was still pissed about what I said about Kaid, not wanting him in the picture and all. Hey, her love for Kaid is like no other, I'd be pissed too.

I guess it was a sign that it was time for me to go home. I've never felt so-so empty. I mean, Katelyn talks to me and all, but it's not Katelyn. She just has small talks with me, nothing really emotional going on in our conversations like they used to be. I mean hell, I want her to yell at me and tell me I'm an asshole, but like I said, small talks.

I think it is time for me to go home. I got up from the couch and went to the guest bedroom where I've been sleeping for a little bit over a week. I started putting my clothes in my suitcase. Man, I've never looked so pathetic in my life. Remember when I said empty? I truly feel that now. I mean, I never had a relationship with my family in a while. Dustin, as much as I love him, I don't think that's where the emptiness is coming from.

Katelyn and Kaid triggered it, immediately when they stopped talking to me. Katelyn is "talking" to me. They've been what I needed my entire life and I now realize that. Even if it's not a romantic relationship, I still want Katelyn in my life, she'll always be in my life because she's the mother of my child, but I don't want that to be our only connection, I want us to have a connection too.

I zipped my suitcase. I went downstairs to tell Katelyn that I was leaving. She was in the kitchen looking over the mail that just came. I tapped her shoulder, she turned around and looked up.

"Hey, I just wanted to say that I packed my stuff and I'll be on my way." She raised her eyebrows and tossed the mail she had in her hand on the table.

"Oh, ok, are you ok to leave? Is your house cleared?" I shrugged.

"I don't know, but if it isn't, I'll deal. I don't want to interfere with you and Kaid, I've caused enough trouble and tension here. I'm sorry." Her demeanor dropped and she looked like her guard was down.

"Kendall, you don't need to be sorry for anything. Kaid is mad at you, but he won't be mad for long, he loves you. I'm not mad at you, you said some things that I didn't like-." I cut her off.

"You know that's not how I feel right now, right?" She slightly smiled and nodded.

"Well, I'll leave anyway, I'll get out of your hair. Here." I handed her an envelope with $3,000. I wanted pay her bills. I knew her bills weren't that much, but I just...I don't know. I wanted to give her something.

"Kendall, why money? I don't need it." She started to hand it back to me. I pushed it back toward her.

"Just take it, use it for Kaid or something." She nodded slowly and put it on the table. She held her arms out. I chuckled a bit and gave her a hug. I picked her up and spun her around. "Thanks for letting me stay." I put her down, but I didn't let go.

"You're welcome. I expect to see you here a lot more." I laid my head against hers.

"Of course you will." I pulled away and looked at her. I had to address James one more time, I had to I'm sorry. "Please be careful with James." She sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"For the last time, we're not together." I put my hands in my pockets.

"I know, but at the rate it's going, you guys aren't far from it." I muttered that last part. She went quiet. I looked up and she had her head cocked to the side.

"You don't want me to be with him?"

"No."

"Who do you want me to be with?" I wanted her to be with me, but I don't know if that's really what I want. Ugh, I'm so indecisive. I moved my foot around with my hands in my pockets. I'm just gonna say it.

"A dirty blonde haired guy, green eyes, sexy, muscular, smart, funny-." She cut me off and laughed.

"Ok, ok, I think I know who the guy is." I brought her back into my warm embrace. I kissed her on the cheek before I rested my head in the crook of her neck.

"I didn't expect to tell you today, or ever. I just want you to be happy, and if that's not with me. That's ok." She pulled away from me.

"Why don't you think I'd be happy with you?" I shrugged.

"I don't think I'd be the best person to be in a relationship with at the moment. I need to get my head straight and together, then I can go from there. I'm saving you from my pathetic self. You don't need me. you have Kaid, James, my mom, dad, brothers and Dustin. You have everyone I don't. You don't need me, you already have so much love." It was sad for me that she was closer to my own family and my longtime best friend than I ever was probably.

"Kendall..."

"No, no, it's perfectly fine. I don't deserve anyone's love for all the shit that I've done, I deserve no one, not even you or Kaid. You deserve the love that I could've had, you deserve all that, so please don't feel bad."

"Don't disappear on me..."

"I'm not going anywhere, all I'm saying is that I'm always just gonna be here, that's it. I don't have a purpose in anyone's life, especially yours so, don't get involved with me again. You've learned from your mistake, so don't repeat it." She grabbed my hands. I don't know why she was trying, seriously, I'm not worthy of having someone waste their breath on me. I'm a sad puppy.

"Kendall, you were not a mistake, you gave me a child. A beautiful child and I wouldn't wanna have children with anyone else...but you." My head snapped up. Did she just say what I thought she did? She wanted to have more kids with me?

"You wanna have more kids with me?" She nodded.

"Who else?" My heart was literally gonna beat out of my chest. I was so nervous, excited and turned on at the same time, it was so crazy.

"I didn't know that. I want you to be the mother of all my kids." She nodded. This day didn't turn out how I expected. A minute ago I was telling her how I was a sad piece of shit and now she tells me she wants me to be the father of her future children? This-this was too much for me to handle, so much excitement, it was crazy, but I was loving every minute of it.

I mean, it was only a matter of time before we started making out in the kitchen. After all that, why wouldn't we? A few minutes later, I felt someone else in the room with us. I pulled back and looked. I smiled and licked my lips.

"Kaid, sorry, didn't hear you come in." Katelyn rubbed his hair.

"Are you ok?" He was glaring at me. This kid did not like me.

"Kaid, I don't want you to be mad at me, I'm your dad. I love you." That was becoming a normal thing to say, finally. I tickled him and he was laughing. The closest sound to his voice. I stopped and kissed him on the cheek.

"You, your mom and me, we're gonna be the best family." Katelyn looked emotional at the moment. See, girls are so sensitive.

I hope our daughter isn't gonna be sensitive like her.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL