Chapter 1

Well, I see you made it to the new story. I hope you enjoy. Here's the first chapter.

Katelyn POV

"Goodnight Kaid, I love you." I kissed him on the forehead and rubbed his hair. He smiled at me and turned over. I sighed and walked out the room. I long to hear the voice of him one day, but there is nearly no chance of that happening.

It was 9:00pm and I wanted to turn on the tv to watch Kendall perform at a local venue in LA. It's not that I enjoyed watching him, I just thought it was so amusing that he can get up in front of all his fans with his signature smirk and jump all around stage singing his heart out all night, but can't come and see his mute son for five minutes.

Tonight I just couldn't watch it because it was becoming less amusing and more sickening. His fans knew he had a son, but they didn't know he was mute.

Kendall told me that he'd never let any of his fans know Kaid was mute because of his condition, he thought it was a disgrace and it would lower his fan base. I rolled my eyes remembering that, Kendall was such a jerk, yet he had all these girls drooling over him, not knowing what kind of man he really was.

I put down the remote and just decided to go to bed.

The next morning, Kaid had to go to school. I got him ready, doing everything I do every morning and took him to school. He waved goodbye to me and ran inside the school. Luckily, Kaid went to a great school because all the kids in his class don't make fun of his condition, they love helping him.

I got back into the car and made my way to work. I laughed as I listened to the radio and commented on issues that were going on in the world. I didn't really have much of an exciting life, but hey, it was exciting enough for me.

I finally pulled up to work. I work at a company as an assistant for the CEO, it was very, very good money. I wasn't a millionaire, but I was making more than enough for Kaid and I. I take calls, bring coffee, file papers and run errands. That is all I do.

The CEO was a nice, middle aged man that didn't bother anyone too much, he was too consumed with work to do any of that. Running a multi million dollar business corporation was very time consuming I guess. I accidentally knocked my coffee to the floor while I was deep in thought.

Mr. Schulman, the CEO, came out and looked at the spill.

"I am so, so sorry sir, I'll clean it up." He chuckled.

"Ms. Tarver, it's quite ok, you seem very distracted today. Everything ok?" I nodded.

"Yeah everything is fine, just not on my A game today." He nodded.

"Well I'll tell you what, you can go home and spend the day off. Get your mind back in place, alright?"

"Sir you don't have-."

"I insist." Without another word he left to go somewhere else. I shrugged.

"Well, if you say so." I got a few paper towels and cleaned up the floor. When that was done, I packed up my stuff and made my way to the elevator. I heard a 'ding' and I waited for whoever else was on the elevator to exit.

"Katelyn? Where are you going?" I looked up, it was James, my co-worker. I smiled.

"Mr. Schulman gave me the day off, so I'm gonna go home." He nodded and touched my arm.

"Everything ok?" He was a constant flirt with me everyday, I knew he liked me because he always made it so obvious, he knew the situation with Kendall and Kaid and he was more than supportive.

I nodded, "Yeah it's alright I guess, Kendall is in town, but I know he won't come to see Kaid, which is just pure asshole, but other than that, everything is fine." He nodded.

"Well if you need anything, just let me know. Ok?" I smiled.

"Will do." I hugged him and proceeded to the elevator. I sighed as I made my way to the car. I wanted to run some errands, but I wanted to get out of these work clothes first. I went home and got more comfortable and then went out again.

I went to a few stores, picked up some clothes for Kaid, some clothes for me, then I decided to go down to Hollywood, just to walk around and do something.

I looked at the Walk of Fame and went around to more different stores. I passed the venue Kendall performed in last night. I don't know why, but I went inside. It was a pretty big place, they had a bar, so I decided to order something to drink.

There were a few people sitting at tables and talking. I saw the staff actually still cleaning from what I assume to be the show that Kendall did last night. The bartender gave me my drink.

"Thanks." He looked at me. I looked behind me, confused. Then I looked back.

"Something wrong?" He shook his head.

"Sorry, are you Katelyn Tarver, you know, the mother of Kendall Schmidt's baby?" I slightly smiled.

"Uh yeah." He nodded.

"You know he performed here last night." I nodded and looked at the stage.

"Yeah...yeah he did." The bartender smiled and leaned over the counter a little.

"You know he's still here." He said in a low voice.

AH! Of course he is. Damn I should leave before he comes out or something.

"Oh?" He nodded slowly.

"Well um, thanks for my drink, but I should be going now." He waved and I turned around and walked toward the door.

I sighed as I walked to the door. Damn bartender telling me the man I hate so much is here. I reached out my hand to push the door open.

"Funny seeing you here." Damn.

I hope you guys like the first chapter, tell me what you think. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL