Chapter 32

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

"How was school?" I had been making sure to ask Kaid that this entire week, that principal pissed me off.

'It was good'.

"Did you have a detention?" He shook his head. I nodded, he better not have. "You have homework?" He nodded. I pointed to the table. "You know the drill." He groaned and sat down and began on his work. I was on Daddy Duty, Katelyn was at work. I went into the living room and sat down.

"Oh, the mail." I went out the door and down the pathway to the mailbox. I got the mail and took it inside. "All these stupid bills." I threw them aside, but one of the envelopes didn't go as far as the others, it was heavy. Hmm.

I picked up the heavy envelope and saw. "Vocal Cord Clinic." Oh shit, Kaid's results. Man, two months went by fast. I started to open them, but I thought Katelyn would wanna be home when I did that. I couldn't wait, I had to ask her. I quickly got out my phone, cussing at myself because I put a pass code on it. I clicked Katelyn's contact and it rang.

"Hello." Yes, first ring.

"Hey-hey Kaid's results came, do you want me to open them or do you wanna be home?"

"You open them, I'm too scared to." I rolled my eyes. Now she made me even more scared.

"Uh, alright, I will, you wanna stay on the phone or do you-."

"Stay on the phone." I sighed and went to our bedroom and shut the door.

"Alright I'm opening them now." I held the phone with my ear and my shoulder as I tore open the envelope, heart beating out of my chest, so hard that I could hear it in my ear drums. I fumbled a bit, but managed to get the papers out. "Ok-ok it says." I started to read it. "It says." I read it over more and it wasn't bad! Thank god.

"What's it say Kendall?"

"The electrical currents in his voice box were very active. The reason he's mute is because-."

"That part of his brain got damaged." I sighed.

"Yeah..." It's a bittersweet sort of thing. Kaid would've been able to speak, but since the part of his brain was damaged at birth, that's how it happened. I remember Katelyn calling me that day, telling me there was something wrong with our son. I remember like it happened five minutes ago, how much I didn't like Kaid.

Four Years Ago...

"Whatever, just get it done." I told one of my sound engineers. I went out the studio that was only a few blocks away from my house. I got into the car and put it in gear. As I was driving, my phone started to ring. "Who the hell is this?" I glanced at it. Katelyn. What the hell did she want? "What?" I said as I answered the phone.

"Kendall, there's s-something wrong with Kaid?" I told her do not call me for anything.

"Did you take him to the doctor?" She seemed like she was crying.

"No, but I need you there with me, there's seriously something wrong with him." I rolled my eyes.

"What's so wrong with him Katelyn?"

"He's not talking Kendall." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Isn't he like three, he's not supposed to be able to be bilingual." I chuckled.

"This is serious! He should be saying something, but it is nothing! You need to get your ass down here right now!" She hung up. I cussed a bit and went to Katelyn's house. I pulled up and knocked on her door. It swung open and she had Kaid in her arms. She shut the door and walked pass me.

"Are you going to the doctor's?" She nodded and put him in her car. I followed after her as we drove to the doctor's office. She was going a bit fast, this girl was out of her mind.

She took him in and they quickly got Kaid a room. We sat there and the doctor came in no time.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Herman, what seems to be the problem?"

"He's not speaking doctor. He-he's not even saying anything, no blubber language, nothing." He motioned for Katelyn to sit Kaid on the table. The doctor lightly grasped his throat. He opened Kaid's mouth and took a step back. "What is it?" I looked at the doctor intently.

"Ms., your son, from what I see of his tonsils, he hasn't ever been saying blubberish or anything."

"So why?" I said.

"Your son is mute." I frowned and looked at the doctor. W-what? I didn't have any genes that could cause him to be mute, I don't think.

"What do you mean mute? I don't have any genetic problems I carry like that?" I looked at Katelyn, did she?

"I don't have any either." She cried out. Dr. Herman looked at us sadly.

"Was there a problem at birth?" Katelyn nodded slowly.

"The B-B, whatever it was called, part of his brain was damaged, severely." He took his stethoscope off.

"The Broca part of your brain which so happens to be, the speaking part. If that is damaged, severely, then he will simply never talk." I closed my eyes. I couldn't believe this. What? My son couldn't talk? What the hell was that? Now, I really couldn't let any of my fans know, this will ruin my reputation. "I'm very sorry."

Katelyn and I walked out the doctor office, Kaid in her arms. She looked at me and said, "Please, don't say anything, j-just, go, because I know you won't stay." I looked at her, she looked at me. I slowly turned and then walked back to my car.

Present Day

That day I would never forget as long as I live, it was a day that completely changed my life, no matter how much I was against Kaid.

"I'll see you when you get home." I hung up and went downstairs.

I leaned in the doorway of the kitchen, and just thought.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL