Chapter 28

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

I stepped into off the plane into Cleveland Airport. I groaned. "Katelyn, it's cold." I put my leather jacket on, Kaid already had his on, so did Katelyn. I just was being a Californian and insisted that I simply did not need a coat.

"Told you, but noooo, Katelyn knows nothing." She grabbed Kaid's hand and strutted toward baggage claim. I muttered and ran a little to catch up with her. We finally reached baggage claim and waited, obviously, for our bags to come. It was dead in this airport compared to LAX, man.

I looked around, it had some pretty cool things in here. Not half bad. I saw our bags on the belt and I went over to retrieve them. I went to grab Katelyn's bag, I picked it up and put it on the floor. Kaid's bag, I handed it to him. My bag, it was stuck on the belt thing.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I muttered. The belt was dragging me along with it. It almost went back into the room, but I yanked and finally got it. Yes! I was out of breath. I turned around and saw Katelyn laughing her ass off.

"Let's go." I muttered. Katelyn laughed and followed me. "I got us a driver to take us to your parents house." She shrugged and nodded. She didn't tell her parents we were coming, that was just fantastic, her father would be so happy to see me. Her mom didn't like me that much either, but she was much more accepting.

The driver put our bags in. Katelyn and I sat in the two captain's seats while Kaid sat in the back. I gave the driver the address and he drove there. When we arrived to her parents' house. I let out a groan. This is just gonna go so well.

"Kendall, do you really not like my parents?" I don't like her father or her brother, her mother on the other handed, very nice caring woman.

"I love your mom, but your dad and your brother. I don't think I can say the same..., I'm just being honest, I don't wanna cause tension between us." She nodded.

"I totally get it, I get it. Will you give it time though?"

"Of course." We got out the car and I paid the driver a tip. We got our luggage and we rolled up to the front door. Katelyn rang the doorbell and we waited. I looked up and moved around a bit. It was cold as hell out here.

The door pulled back to reveal her mother. "Katelyn! Oh my god, we didn't expect you!" She pulled Katelyn in for a hug and kissed her on the cheek. "Kaid! Oh how nice it is to see you!" She gave Kaid a kiss on the cheek. "Kendall, how wonderful to see you." She gave me a hug and I smiled.

"Nice to see you too Mrs. Tarver." She smiled and the person I dreaded to see, came to the door. Phil, Phil Tarver, her father. Ugh, I did not want to see his face at all, or ever.

"Katelyn." His deep voice said, he smiled wide and brought her in for a hug. He gave Kaid a hug and rubbed his hair. He stood back up and looked at me. "Schmidt." I fake smiled.

"Mr. Tarver." He huffed and went inside. That's probably the nicest he's ever been to me. We walked in and someone pushed me back. I looked to see who it was and it was her big ass brother Ryder. That dude was 6'5 and muscular.

"Asshole, why are you here?" I rolled my eyes.

"Ryder, Kaid is here!" He looked down and smiled.

"Kaid! My main nephew! My only nephew! What's up?" He gave him a hug. Kaid smiled at him. Then Ryder turned his attention back up to me.

"I'm here with my girlfriend and my son." He busted out laughing.

"Wow, so you do know who your son is."