Chapter 22

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

I was driving Katelyn to the airport. She had to go on a business trip, she would be back two days before Kaid's birthday. Her boss wanted her to be by his side to stay organized as he went through his presentations, some of her other colleagues were going as well.

That included James. He made my blood boil. I never like that guy as soon as I saw him the first time when Kaid was unconscious. He was probably filling Katelyn's head with bullshit that wasn't even true. I was getting upset just thinking about him. My hand gripped tighter on the steering wheel, knuckles became white.

"Kendall." Katelyn snapped me out of my trance and my hands loosened. I glanced at her a slightly smiled. "Are you ok?" I nodded.

"Yeah, totally, just was thinking about some things. Not a big deal really, don't worry." She nodded slowly and turned her head back to looking out the window. "I'm gonna miss you." She looked back at me and smiled.

"I know you are, who wouldn't?" I chuckled a bit.

"Self confident are we?" She laughed and put her hand on my thigh.

"Yup, but I'm gonna miss you too, you and Kaid. I'm sorry I have to go." I shook my head.

"Nah, don't be sorry. This will be good for you to get out there with your colleagues, and you get a bonus. That's a major plus." I saw her nod out the corner of my eye.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but at least you'll have one on one time with Kaid, ya know? It seems to be the start of a beautiful relationship, I'm really glad it's going this way." I was obviously watching Kaid until she got back, he's my son, why wouldn't I. I know a few weeks ago, I probably would've watched him, but I wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do now. I'm glad I would be spending time with him. It would really give me insight on who he is and also who I am. He can probably even teach me more sign language, I was almost fluent, but not quite.

We were nearing the airport. "Do you want me to help you check in and stuff?"

"Nah, I got it. I'll be alright." I sighed and nodded. I drove and honked at people that didn't know how to drive, especially in an airport situation.

"Which airline?"

"American."

"Oooh, that's a nice airline." I pulled up to the curb at the American Airlines terminal. I got out the car and got Katelyn's luggage out the back. I picked it up and put it on the sidewalk. I looked at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Kendall, don't look at me like that, you're gonna make me cry." I pulled her in for a tight hug. I, too, felt myself get emotional. This girl did a number on me. Even when we were together before, she did a number on me, but it seemed much stronger now, emotionally. I pulled away slightly and brought her in for a kiss. Of course it was a long kiss, this kiss has to last me a few days.

I pulled away after a minute and looked at her. I laid a hand on her shoulder. "Be careful, please be careful." She nodded, I could already see tears edging her eyes, they were edging mine too. Don't fall, don't fall. That didn't work. A tear slipped down my face. Then that triggered Katelyn's irrigation system. Man we were so in love it was crazy, I was crying like she would never come back.

We wiped each others tears away and laughed. "You're a crybaby." I said as I wiped the remainder of my tears. She let out a laugh and wiped the rest of her tears.

"You started to cry before I did, you big baby." I kissed her again.

"I'll see you in a few days, I love you." She kissed me again.

"I love you."

"Call me everyday." I said, she nodded and walked into the building. I sighed and got back into my BMW. I put on my sunglasses and drove straight back home.

******

I pulled up to my gates and my guard let me in. I drove up to the garage and pulled into it. I walked into the house and threw my keys on the counter next to some other things. "Kaid!" I yelled. I heard foot thumps come closer and closer to the kitchen. He finally was in my view. I walked over to him and rubbed his hair.

"Where's Grandma?" I had my mom come over and watch him. Yes, my mother, who before today, I haven't talked to her in years. I asked her if she could come over my house because I didn't want to face my father or my brothers if they were gonna be there. To my luck, she agreed, surprisingly and came over. Kaid pointed to the archway leading to the living room.

I smiled at him. "I'll be right back, we're gonna go get ice cream or something when I do." He nodded and went to the game room, half game room half man cave, best of both worlds. I walked to the living room and sighed.

"Thanks for watching him...Mom." She looked up at me and nodded. She got up with her purse and began to walk out. She was still super mad at me, I wasn't even worthy of probably calling her my mother. I had to fix this, this is something Katelyn would want and something I need to do. This has gone on long enough. Let me just stop being stubborn and do something.

"Hey." She turned around a bit surprised and looked at me. I shook my head a ran a hand through my hair. "I know you and I, Dad, Kevin and Kenneth. We haven't been on the best terms for the past years and this is probably the first time I called you in years, I guess you were surprised I still had your phone number," she looked at me, no sign of emotion, I was afraid that she wasn't gonna believe me. "I'm truly sorry for the way I've acted through these past years and now. You guys didn't leave me, I just was being a jerk and separated myself from you guys. Seeing that being a jerk and not having relationships with those close to me has gotten me absolutely nothing but a dead career at the moment, finally made me realize what's important. I'm so grateful that Dustin called off the tour, I needed an eye opener."

She nodded, yes! Movement, that was good. "I'm trying to make amends with the people I love, Kaid, we've been hitting it off great and I'm so glad. Katelyn and I are rekindling our relationship that was buried years ago. Now, I need to get through to Dustin which I'm not expecting him to welcome me with open arms because I'll do whatever it takes. Then you Mom, Dad, Kenneth and Kevin. I wanna make things right, I really, really do. I'm sorry." I took a breath and looked at her. She still hasn't said anything.

"I've been waiting to hear you said that Kenny, for these past years. I thought you'd never open up and say that. I thought I lost my son, but he was in you the entire time. Of course I love you, so does Dad, Kevin and Kenneth and I'm sure Dustin too. You are so important to me and these years have been dreadful without you Kenny. Come here." She opened her arms and I gave her a tight hug.

It's so funny how I rekindled my relationship with Kaid and now I'm rekindling my relationship with my own parents. I pushed and left them, but they always had a door open for me to walk through anytime.

She kissed me on the cheek and walked out the house. I smiled and nodded. Now, I had to talk to Dustin and the rest of my family. I sighed, this was progress, extreme progress. I looked up at the frame on the wall of Kaid and I's selfie we did. I chuckled a bit. Kaid came out and he had his shoes on.

"You ready to go?" I asked. He nodded and grabbed my hand.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL