Chapter 5

Enjoy.

Katelyn POV

"Thank you so much Dustin for coming to see Kaid. It means a lot to him." Dustin smiled at me and nodded.

"I just feel bad that Kendall is such an asshole and won't spend time with this miracle." I smiled and looked back at Kaid who fell asleep after all the excitement he had with Dustin.

"I'll see you later then." He nodded and walked to his car. I shut the front door and went back to the couch to watch tv. My phone started ringing, so I picked it up to see who it was. It was Kevin, Kendall's brother. I smiled and answered.

"Hey Kevin, what's up?"

"Hey Katelyn, I was wondering if you could bring Kaid over, to Mom and Dad's house." I smiled and looked down at Kaid.

"Of course, I will, be there in 10." I hung up. I'm glad that I had a great relationship with Kendall's family, even if Kendall and I hate each other. I shook Kaid gently and his eyes fluttered open.

My breath hitched when I saw how green his eyes were, especially after he's slept. He looked just like Kendall and it was so sad. He looked up at me, so confused and possibly even a little mad. I'd be mad to if I was in as good as sleep as he was.

"You wanna go over grandma and grandpa's?" He nodded and quickly sat up. I grabbed his hand then on the way out, grabbed my purse and keys. I strapped him in the back and went to the front to drive to Kendall's parents house.

Finally, we made it and I helped Kaid get out the car. Kenneth, Kendall's other brother, was in the yard watering flowers.

"Hey Katelyn, how are you?" I gave Kenneth a hug and smiled.

"Oh I'm good, how are you?" He smiled and shook his head.

"Never better." I nodded

"I heard you passed the BAR, congrats." He smiled and nodded.

"Thank you thank you. Hey Kaid what's up? I missed you so much." Kaid smiled and signed 'I missed you too'. Everyone in Kendall's family learned fluent sign language just for Kaid. All except for one.

Kendall.

Kaid and I walked into the house. Kendall's mom was the first person I saw.

"Oh Katelyn, hello how are you?" She came over and kissed my cheek.

"Hi, I'm good." She bent down and gave Kaid a kiss on the cheek.

"Come Kaid, we're gonna make cookies." I laughed as I watched them walk to the kitchen. I walked into the living room and saw Kevin and Kendall's dad.

"Hey Katelyn." Kendall's dad said. He came and gave me a big hug. "Where's Kaid?" I pointed to the kitchen.

"Grandma already got to him." He shook his head and lightly jogged to the kitchen. Kevin smiled and I sat down next to him.

"What's up Katelyn? How are you?" I smiled and nodded.

"Very good, just the usual going on." Kevin out of all of them felt the worst about what Kendall was doing to Kaid. He even beat up Kendall on one occasion because he was so pissed at him.

"Kendall came over the other day to tell Kaid that he couldn't be there for him." Kevin nodded.

"What a great thing to say to your own kid." I nodded.

"I know right." All of a sudden an interview came on the tv and it just so happened to be Kendall's. I groaned and turned my attention to the tv. Kevin and I watched.

"We have Kendall Schmidt today on the show!" Everyone cheered in the audience.

"So, how have your shows been going in LA?" The talk show host asked.

"Great, great, lots of people, lots of fun, lots of music. It was a great turnout." He said. The host clapped along with everyone else.

"Any new things coming up?" He thought for a moment.

"No, not anything that I can think of. Just performing shows and working in the studio for some future music."

"So, now that you're back in LA, are you relaxing a bit?" He smiled.

"Eventually I will be, but I have to get ready for a show today, so no relaxing on my part until a few days later." The tv host smiled.

"Always a busy Kendall." He smirked.

"Always is indeed correct." The tv host smiled and leaned in a bit.

"So I must ask. How is your son?" Kendall went stiff.

"That's a question he cannot answer Linda." Kevin smiled and looked at me.

"What bullshit is he gonna make up now?" He said as he stared at Kendall on the tv waiting for his response.

"Oh, you know, my son is fine. He's living life to the fullest." I sighed and looked down.

"Have you seen him lately?" Linda, the tv host,asked. Kendall nodded.

"I sure have, him and I had a blast together. It was so much fun, and I just love him to death." I couldn't watch this anymore. I turned the tv off.

"If only the fans really knew what was going on." Kevin nodded and looked at the now black screen on  the tv.

"I know right. It's so terrible how Kendall just lies straight through his teeth for his reputation." I nodded at Kevin.

"I'll talk to him later though, he needs to be reminded again I guess." I chuckled.

"Good luck with that."

Hope you like it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL