Chapter 8

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

10 Minutes Before

I grumbled, thinking about the conversation I had with my brother. Who does he think he is telling me how I feel? He was right, but I of course was never gonna admit that.

I was driving back home, I needed to go clear my head. I couldn't take anymore of people yelling at me about Kaid, that shit was getting annoying. I was driving a block away from Katelyn house, I was avoiding her street at all cost.

I was driving and I saw this little boy, laying on the sidewalk not moving. His skateboard was broken in half a few feet away from. Holy shit, was he dead?

I pulled up on the curb next to the boy and I got out. I went to the other side and looked at the boy. No, not that couldn't be.

It was Kaid. I felt a strike of adrenaline rush through me. Why was I feeling this way? I quickly ran over to him and dropped to my knees.

"Kaid? Kaid?" I grabbed his face, it was still warm. Fuck, thank god he wasn't dead. I check his pulse just in case, it was working. I sighed in relief.

I picked him up, then went over to his skateboard and picked that up too. I put him in the back of my car. He was knocked out, literally. I drove to Katelyn's house in a major hurry. I pulled up to her driveway, barely braking my car. I hopped out and got Kaid and his skateboard.

At this moment, I felt a feeling, an emotion I never felt before. I don't know what it was. I had him in my arms and walked up to the door, banging the absolute shit out of it.

Katelyn opened the door with an asshole standing behind her. Who the fuck was he?

******

Katelyn put her hands over her mouth.

"Oh my god." She looked at Kaid, blood trickling down his face. I got pissed, real fast. Was this asshole the reason she wasn't checking on her got damn son?!

"We have to get him to the hospital. Now!" She followed after me as we got into my car.

"Do you want me to come Katelyn?" Said the asshole. I growled.

"NO! Only his parents, get lost." I sped off down the street. Katelyn sighed and had tears coming down her face.

"Kendall, what-what happened?" She choked out. I sighed and kept driving.

"I was going fucking home and I saw him on the sidewalk, looking lifeless while you were probably face sucking with that asshole." She continued to cry.

"I-I he always goes around the block by himself, he's always ok." I laughed out loud.

"Apparently today wasn't his day." I pulled up to the hospital and grabbed Kaid. I rushed to the desk.

"We need medical attention! Right now!" The nurse escorted me to a room. I set Kaid down on the bed and they started hooking him up to things.

"Ma'am you have to leave." Katelyn shook her head vigorously.

"NO! I'm not leaving him!" I grabbed her and she struggled, I wrapped my arms around her and brought her out the of the room. "Kendall let me go!" She struggled out of my grip and I pushed her against the wall.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Shh, calm down. He's gonna be fine." She shook her head crying.

"How do you know that?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Because I know he's a fighter." She looked up at me and calmed down a bit.

"If I had known. Oh my god how long has he been laying there, unconscious." I shook my head and shrugged.

"I-I don't know. I really don't. I hope it wasn't long." She dried her eyes a bit and looked at me. She grabbed my hands and squeezed them.

"Thank you, so much for getting him. I know you don't care about-." I shook my head.

"Listen, my situation with Kaid doesn't matter right now. After all, I am still his dad." She smiled and nodded.

We waited and waited for the doctors to tell us something. My family came a little while later, they were very surprised to see me. Hell, I was surprised I was still here, but if stayed in the hospital for more than one day, I wouldn't be coming back. Like I said, I was too damn busy.

"I'm glad to see you here Kendall." I chuckled a bit.

"Of course you are Kenneth." He sighed and looked away, he was fiddling with his hands. He was about to say some sad shit to me, I just knew it.

"Even despite the difference in feelings toward Kaid, you still made sure he was ok." I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Yes, yes I am #1 Dad, ok I've heard enough." He put his hands up and sat back.

I turned toward Katelyn who was crying along with my mom. Man, I had to play good guy today. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered in her hair. "He's gonna be fine. He's gonna be ok." I remember when Katelyn and I were together. She was literally my dream girlfriend.

I remember when we were in school, I really, really liked her. I was so afraid to ask her out, but when I spilled that smoothie all over her head and she got pissed and told me to never ever talk to her again and that she would kick my ass, I knew she was the one.

I remember when that night happened. The night Kaid happened. I was already so deep into fame and my career. I honestly didn't give two shits about anything just like I do now. She had Kaid and I told her I wouldn't be around.

She cried and told me that I was the biggest dick in the world. I had never seen her so, so angry. I just stood there and listened to all the awful and mean names she called me. She was right about every name she called me.

I still wasn't gonna establish any relationship with Kaid.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL