Chapter 30

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

"That's the way it has to be then." Katelyn was talking to her parents, more specifically her dad, and it wasn't going so well. She just told them we would leave after only staying here for three days. Her dad and brother's relationship with her, was jacked. She turned to walk away from them, but I brought her back.

"Come on Mr. Tarver, you're just gonna let your daughter leave like that with your grandson?"

"I don't wanna talk to you boy." He grunted and went into the kitchen. I threw up my arms and looked at Katelyn. She looked at me and continued walking up the stairs. I looked back at Mrs. Tarver, who looked beyond devastated.

"Mrs. Tarver, I'm sorry, you can come and visit Katelyn all the time, I'll pay for your plane tickets if you want." She shook her head and sighed.

"Of course I'll come visit, you don't have to pay, I just wish she could come here, but her father and brother, not in a very good place with her right now. Thank you for coming anyway. I'm glad you're back to the sweet boy you once were." I chuckled a bit.

"Thanks Mrs. Tarver." I went upstairs and saw Katelyn packing.

"You sure about this?" She smiled, but I could tell it was slightly fake.

"I've never been more sure in my entire life."

******

We got into my car and drove home. The plane ride was long and I was tired as hell. I pulled up to our house and put the luggage in the house. I went back out to the car to grab Kaid since he was asleep.

I took him inside the house and laid him in his room. I rubbed his hair and then walked out, closing the door behind me. Katelyn was walking upstairs, she looked beyond tired. She walked into our room, with me trailing behind her, I grabbed her waist and followed her in.

I closed the door. "Kendall, don't ask me what you're gonna ask me." Alright, that's been established.

"You know me too well Katelyn." I smiled and got into the bed with her. "Do you want to talk about something?"

"No, don't you wanna sleep?"

"No because you're not gonna be sleep." She cocked her head to the side.

"And why's that?"

"Because you're to busy thinking about what you didn't want me to say." She put her head on the pillow.

"You know me too well Kendall." I chuckled and scooted close to her. "I wish it didn't have to be this way, but it is so..." I caressed her cheek.

"Stop thinking negatively, be optimistic, please, it's good for you." She nodded and gave me a kiss. The kiss lasted longer than I thought it would, it just became a make out. We pulled away. "Whoa, you wanna start on that baby thing now?" I smirked. She rolled her eyes and scooted over. "Uh, warmth please."

"Um, I'm radiating enough body heat from over here thank you." I pulled her back over and laughed. Then, we went to sleep.

*BANG!* *BANG!* What the hell was that? Katelyn shot up, then she shook me, not thinking I was awake. I got up, "Stay here, ok?" She nodded frantically and pulled me back. I looked at her confused.

"Please, please, be careful, I love you." *BANG!* *BANG!* I got up and went out the door. I put up karate hands, I couldn't fight for shit though. I would get beat in an instant. I went to the door and pulled it open. Dustin?

"Dude what the hell!" He stormed in. I flipped the lights on and looked at him crazy. "Dude what's wrong, someone hu-."

"Shut the hell up!" He told me. "Katelyn!"

"You mind lowering your got damn voice! Kaid is sleeping and you'll scare him!" Katelyn came down and looked at Dustin.

"What's going on here? Dustin, what's so important?" He came over and grabbed me by the collar. Aw man not again. I've been getting bullied lately. "Dustin! Stop, he's already been hurt." I tried to push his hands off, but that was just not happening whatsoever.

"You're letting him live with you, after everything he's done Katelyn!" I groaned, he was still mad about this again, he would never forgive me.

"Dustin, I know, I know, I was dick alright, still probably am, but I've changed, I swear." He gripped me even harder.

"Tell her Kendall." Tell her what-oh. Oh no. Damn it! I always get the worse luck, why does this have to happen to me! I said something two weeks ago and Dustin just so happened to be there, but I admit, I shouldn't have said it and I regret it, deeply. "He did something Katelyn, tell her, or I will." I threw my head back and groaned a bit, I have to tell her.

"Kendall, what's he talking about?" Dustin looked back at me.

"I can tell you if Dustin let's me go." He glared at me and let go of my collar. This was probably the most Dustin and I have talked in weeks. I fixed myself then looked at Dustin. "Get out."

"You're gonna lie if I do."

"I love Katelyn too much to ever lie again, so get out before I make you, seriously!" He crossed his arms and continued to stand there. I opened the front door. I went over and grabbed him. I surprisingly was pulling him. He tried to get me off but I pushed him out the front door. I hurried and locked him out.

I turned back to Katelyn. "I'm gonna tell you."

"I'm waiting, don't dare lie."

"Don't worry." I walked closer to her. This was gonna be harder than I thought, I did try and sweep it under the rug. "About two weeks ago, I saw Dr. Herman at the store and we got to talking, then we started talking about Kaid." She motioned for me to go on. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"I said something I'm not proud of?" She stiffed. That's just excellent. I put my hands together. "I said that, I-I wish Kaid could've been someone else's a-and not ours." She made no movement at all. "Before you cuss and scream at me, just hear me out. I was so upset, that day, you were at work and Kaid said that his throat hurt, but it was his vocal cords, you know, it happens every once in a while because they're not being used. I just got thinking, this wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have a mute child. I was out of line, I regret it and Kaid means the world to me."

She nodded slowly. "Thank you for telling me. Of course, you don't want your child to be mute, but all that matters is that you love him no differently." She walked back up the stairs.

Man, she was way too calm, she's gonna kill me in my sleep or something.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL