Chapter 24

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

Today was Kaid's birthday, I put all my presents in a bag and set it down so it would be ready when I went out the door. Things were still pretty tense between Katelyn and I. I was still mad, but I wanted to give up being mad so badly, but I keep telling myself to be mad at her. I sighed and put my hands on my head. I didn't know what to do anymore. I am so hurt, but I just want her to tell me she loves me, run her hands through my hair and tell me that it was gonna be ok.

I shook my head and looked at my watch. It finally was time to go to Katelyn's house. I grabbed the bag and went out the door to my car. I drove toward Katelyn's house. "Damn it." I muttered. My entire family was gonna be there, including Dustin. Everything was ok with my mom but my dad, brothers and Dustin, not so much. Of course I knew we could get through it but, I don't think this day was the day to do it, so it was gonna be awkward.

I pulled up to Katelyn's driveway, no cars but Katelyn's car was in the driveway. Woo, I'm the first one so I didn't have to walk in with all eyes on me. I went up to the door and knocked. I looked down and clenched my jaw. It's been a few days since the whole her and James incident and when we got back, we didn't talk to each other at all, not a word.

The door opened slowly and I looked back up. She looked at me and gave the slightest smile. I nodded at her and she stood back so I could walk in. I walked in and Kaid was sitting on the steps. I looked around and saw all these decorations, bright and colorful, Katelyn went all out, I'm sure it gets better every year. I went over to him and picked him up. I spun him around.

"Happy birthday Kaid." I kissed his cheek and he smiled and gave me a big hug. I chuckled and set him back down. I put my presents in the kitchen on the table. Katelyn came in behind me and grabbed my hand.

"Kendall..." Her voice wavered, she was crying. I turned around and pulled her into my warm embrace. I couldn't fight it anymore. I loved her so much, I couldn't push her away like that. I buried my face into her neck. She put her hands on my head and pulled me closer into her neck.

"Tell me that you love me." She rubbed my head.

"I love you so much."

"Tell me that I'm the only one."

"You're the only one, the only ever one." I sighed and breathed in smelling her perfume.

"I love you, so much." We stayed hugging for ten minutes and then we pulled away. "You and I, we're good." She nodded and we kissed. A knock was heard on the door. Oh man, that was my family or Dustin, who else? Katelyn went and opened the door.

"Hey Dustin." Dustin, damn it. I sighed and came out, I couldn't hide in the kitchen forever. He smiled at Katelyn, then his smiled quickly faded when he looked up in my direction.

"Dustin." I said. He gave me a blank stare.

"I'm just here for Kaid's party, nothing more." I sighed and grabbed his shoulder and turned him to face me again.

"Come on man, I'm trying to make amends here, I'm really trying because you know I'm not the one to do that." He shrugged my hand off his shoulder and continued to glare at me.

"We can be civil, that is all." He walked to Kaid. Another knock was heard. That had to be my family, it had to be. Katelyn opened the door and there they were, my whole family right in front of me. Oh great, one down, three to go.

My mom came in and gave me a hug. "Hey Mom." She squeezed me in her deathly mom embrace. I chuckled and she finally let me go.

"Where's my grandson?" I pointed.