Chapter 3

Enjoy.

Katelyn POV

"What would you like to eat baby?" I asked Kaid. He signed salad to me. I knew fluent sign language because Kaid couldn't talk, so he had to sign.

"Really, salad?" He nodded. I nodded and went into the kitchen. It saddened me that Kendall didn't like Kaid, considering Kaid was an exact copy of him, like literally. I heard soft feet that stopped at the kitchen door. He signed 'don't forget the croutons'. I laughed and nodded.

"Ok." I chuckled and grabbed the bag of croutons so I wouldn't forget, because that would be one angry boy. I started making the salad until there was a knock on the door. I sealed the bag of lettuce and went to see who it was.

I went out the kitchen and walked to the front door. I opened the door and didn't expect to see who I saw.

"Kendall?" He sighed and looked down.

"Yeah, I remember that being the name given to me." I went outside closing the door behind me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I said in a low volume voice.

"I wanted to come and talk to you about Kaid, or maybe just talk to Kaid, but I think it'd be a one sided convo if you know what I mean." I slapped him in the face hard.

"How dare you make fun of our mute son like that you son of a bitch." He grabbed his face and sighed heavily.

"Listen. I came to make it very clear that I won't be in Kaid's life because he is an added responsibility that I just simply do not need. Now, let me go talk to him."

"What are you gonna talk to him about since you don't want to be in his life? You don't need to say a damned word to him because he'll get upset. He loves you so much Kendall, it pains him that you don't feel the same." He closed his eyes.

"Let me speak to him, please. Are you really not gonna let me because I don't know when I'm coming back over again because it sure as hell won't be for a long time, or ever." I huffed and opened the door. He walked behind me into the house.

I stopped him. "He's in the living room, I am going to monitor you."

"I'd rather you not, I am a grown ass man, not some kid that needs a monitor, now let me go talk to him." I got in his face.

"You better not make things go south because I will kick your ass." He stared at me hard and walked pass me. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to finish making Kaid's salad. I couldn't really focus since I knew Kendall was in there with Kaid. I shook my head and picked up the salad.

I walked quietly to the living room and stopped at the entrance, standing to the side to listen to Kendall.

"Kaid, I am a singer. You know that right?" I assumed he nodded because Kendall kept talking.

"Listen, I don't have time to spend with you ok?" He wasn't fucking serious. I walked in and Kendall turned around.

"Aw you made me a salad." He took the bowl and starting eating it. Kaid looked at him with big eyes. I grabbed the bowl from him.

"No you jerk it was for Kaid." He looked from me to Kaid.

"Oh, you don't want that anyway, your mom makes a terrible salad." I put the bowl down and glared at Kendall. Kaid looked so sad.

I sat between Kaid and Kendall and turned toward Kaid. "Baby are you ok?" He shook his head and stood up. He looked at Kendall with the saddest face I ever seen, then he walked out.

"See? See what you do? I try to-to give you a chance to talk to your son. Then he ends up with his heartbroken because of you! No one but you!" Kendall wasn't even paying any attention for me. He was looking at Kaid walking up stairs.

He looked back at me and stood up. "What can I say? Sorry? I think not. I gotta go do more important things anyway. You need anything? Don't call." I heard him slam the front door.

"Don't worry!" I yelled. Kendall is such an asshole. He wasn't like this when we first met, he was so sweet, loving and caring. Ever since he went big he's turned into this complete absolute jerk I cannot stand.

I sighed and ran out the living room, up the stairs to Kaid's room. I got in bed with him and wrapped my arm around him.

"Kaid baby are you ok?" He shook his head and buried it in my chest. I sighed and rubbed his head. "It's ok baby, it's ok. I won't let him hurt you ever again."

I just stayed in the room until he fell asleep.

What'd you guys think. Let me know. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL