Chapter 10

Enjoy.

Kendall POV

"No Kendall, this way." Katelyn was teaching me sign language at the moment. She was getting frustrated and fed up with me. Sorry, I just wasn't a fast learner, but we didn't like each other that much either, so, that added fuel to the fire, but we've been getting a long great lately.

"Sorry." I did the right sign with my hands. I looked up at her, "Like this?" She rolled her eyes.

"It's about time, damn." She stood up. "I need some wine." She went into the kitchen, I followed after her. I laughed at her frustration.

"Hey, I'm not a fast learner, I told you that a few days ago." She poured wine into the glass. She didn't acknowledge me, probably because she's heard enough of my mouth tonight.

"Can I have some?" She looked up. I gave her a cheeky smile and she laughed and poured me some. I nodded at her and grabbed the glass. "I don't uh, know if I'm mistaken, but you sharing wine with me, teaching me sign language, I think you're starting to like me."

She shook her head. "Honestly, I like you a little more than I did before, but when you get back from this tour thing, it's gonna be square one again because you're an asshole that wants nothing to do with his son." And she's back.

"Listen, I am busy, I have no time. I don't need a responsibility like Kaid in my life, so I'm giving you that responsibility, fill in for me." She set her wine glass down.

"But Kendall that's just the problem, I can't fill in for you, Kaid needs his daddy, especially him growing up to be a man one day, he needs a man figure in his life." I sighed. This whole trip thing was for publicity but, maybe I'll try and establish some kind of relationship with Kaid, I don't know. I don't have time for this, as I said before.

"Him and I will have this time now, ok? Just be glad that I'm spending time with him, even if it's for the wrong reason, better than nothing."

"It basically is nothing when it doesn't mean anything." She walked pass me. I heard her go up what I assume to be the stairs. Probably went to talk to Kaid. I put my glass down and followed after her. I stood just before I hit the entrance of the door to listen to what they were talking about.

"Kaid, your daddy loves you, even if he never will say it to you. I know he loves you." I sighed and closed my eyes. To be honest, I do feel like the biggest dick in the world, but I'm not changing my relationship with Kaid, that was a no go.

I walked in and Kaid looked at me with those green eyes. We were leaving to go to Italy in a few hours. I was packed and so was Kaid. I went over to Katelyn and gave her 'it's time to go' look. She knew and as if on cue, she started crying.

Man, I get that it's sad for Kaid to be gone for so long, but it just is honestly so awkward for me to be in the same room of a crying woman. I just stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

I sat down next to Katelyn as she suffocated Kaid with her tight ass hug. "Baby I'm gonna miss you so much, promise to call everyday?" He nodded, he was now crying. I sighed, man, I was gonna have to comfort him all the way to the airport. After 20 minutes of hugging, Katelyn finally let go.

Kaid stood up and came up next to me. I got his bags and put them in my car. Katelyn was still crying from the front door. See, girls are so emotional, I don't know what I would've done if I had a sister.

I put Kaid in the car in the back. I went over to Katelyn. I laughed and she looked like she was gonna punch me in the face for laughing at her crying.

"Are you gonna be ok?" She looked up at me like I was stupid.

"You ask the dumbest questions." I pulled her in for a big bear hug. She was taken back, then she finally put her arms around me.

"Thanks for letting me take Kaid." We pulled away a little, we still had our arms around each other.

"Thank you for finally telling your fans about him." Oh yeah, I made a video on Twitter a few days ago and I told my fans everything, they couldn't believe it, but they were supportive so far.

I let go of her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She pushed me away.

"Don't even try it." I chuckled and walked away.

"Already did!" I yelled back. I saw Kaid wave goodbye to her in the rearview mirror. "Ready to go Kaid?" I looked back. He nodded and I pulled out the driveway.

We had to go to my house first so I could get my stuff and Dustin too I guess. "Kaid we're gonna go to my house first, then, we're going to the airport." He nodded and watched things pass by through the window.

I don't think Kaid has ever been to my house. That's pretty sad I gotta admit. About a half an hour later, we pulled up to the house. I helped Kaid get out and we walked up to the door. I opened it and saw Dustin had our stuff lined up.

"Aw thanks buddy, you got my luggage." Dustin rolled his eyes and turned his attention toward Kaid.

"Hey buddy what's up?" He bent down and gave Kaid a hug.  A pang of jealousy went through me, it shouldn't have had though, Kendall, get it together man! They pulled away and we loaded our stuff on to the truck.

My driver drove us to the airport because it was just easier that way. We got our luggage out and checked in, went through security and all that good stuff. We had TSA pre check which made things so much easier. We finally got to the gate and we sat down awaiting our plane.

I leaned back in my chair and Kaid was playing on my iPad Pro, that thing was like bigger than him. I looked down at him every so often, just to see if he was messing up my iPad, but he wasn't. I have to admit, he was a good kid.

Of course I have first class seats, um either that, or nothing at all. I also got Kaid first class, why wouldn't I, I don't want him sitting alone. They were finally boarding our plane.

"Kaid, come on." He put the iPad away and followed me. I let Kaid have the window seat because I wasn't that big of an asshole. He grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" He signed something. Fuck, I really should've listened to Katelyn harder. He said something about plane, never been, oh! He's never been on a plane. "You've never been on a plane?" He shook his head. This kid looked terrified as hell. I guess this was part of the plan, I had to put my daddy pants on.

I let him hold my hand, even though it was weird for me, I'm not gonna be a dick and not let him hold my hand. "It's ok Kaid, I've been on plenty of planes, it's fine. Do you like sleeping?" He nodded.

"There, just go to sleep." He nodded and leaned on me. Now I, could go to sleep, I didn't have to watch him.

I drifted off to sleep.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL