Chapter 31

Enjoy.

Katelyn POV

I walked through the door of Kendall and I's house. I sighed as I heard my phone buzz.

'Hey, I'm in the studio, do not come in unless absolutely necessary. I'll be out in a few hours. If you need me, knock, I locked myself in'. Do not bother Kendall while he is writing, that is a no no. I did that one time and he looked at me like he didn't even know me. I sat my bag down and went to change in casual clothes, rather than the suits I was wearing for work.

Once I changed into comfortable clothing, I made Kaid a sandwich for when he gets home from school. I picked up the house a bit. I walked pass the door to the studio and heard Kendall strumming and humming. Music was life for him which I admired the most. He always told me I could sing, but I never believed him.

I walked back to the kitchen and my phone vibrated, it had been on silent do to me working. I looked and it was Kaid's school. I raised my eyebrows and picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ms. Tarver, I called you because I wanted to let you know that Kaid has been in a fight." Kaid?! In a fight?! I don't think so.

"Um, no, Kaid would never, ever do that."

"Ms. Tarver, he's sitting in my office right now." What? What would he even fight about, he's an easy going kid, gets along with everyone. Hm.

"I'll be there right away."

"Thank you Ms. Tarver." The principal hung up. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I needed answers and I needed them now. I walked quickly toward the studio and rapidly knocked on the door.

"Kendall, come on, Kaid got into a fight!" I yelled through the door. The strumming cut off and I heard muffled footsteps.

"Seriously?" I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"Let's go." I grabbed my keys on the way out and we got into my car. I drove a bit faster than the speed limit.

"Katelyn slow down. I'm sure Kaid has a perfect explanation for this."

"Oh he better." I pulled up into the parking lot of the school. I got out and started up the stairs. Kendall followed behind me as we walked through the glass doors to the school. I turned left into the office and the secretary directed me to the principal's office. I opened the door and the principal smiled at me.

Kaid was sitting against the wall in a chair. I could already see the black eye and busted lip. I sighed and looked at the principal. "Principal Johnson, what happened?" She looked at Kaid then back at me.

"Well, I was walking through the halls when I saw a herd of kids huddled together, I went through them and saw Mr. Kaid fighting with another student." I closed my eyes and looked at Kaid.

"Kaid, you did not do this?" He looked up and signed quickly.

'I didn't start it! I swear'! Kendall gestured to him.

"See he said he didn't start it and I believe him, we have an honest kid Katelyn and I would take his testimony over the principal's. I mean, you weren't there from the very beginning, right?"

"No, but I saw your son hitting the student."

"That's all you saw, my son didn't start this fight and that's final, so he doesn't need to be here."

"I'm very sorry to hear that you don't take this situation seriously Mr. Schmidt, this is probably why he acted this way because you don't discipline him, he must do whatever he may please at home." Oh...Kendall was gonna pop off. I didn't interject because I knew Kendall had some smart ass comeback. He cocked his head and raised his eyebrows.

"First, of all, my son is more well mannered than any of these kids in this school, including yours."

"My kids are adults."

"Exactly." She frowned a bit. "Second of all, who gives you the right to say he is off the wall at home, what, do you live with us? I didn't recall that fact." She looked dumbfounded, then quickly scribbled something on paper.

"It does not matter, your son has two weeks detention."

"How many did the other kid get."

"That is none of your business."

"The hell it is, you probably added on week just because I was speaking the truth to you and you couldn't handle it. Now this is a fancy ass school, how about you pull up your fancy ass cameras, and let's see who really, started this fight."

"If you cannot be civil-."

"Me not being civil, you started when you told me my son wasn't disciplined." I sighed, I had to interject.

"Just, show us the cameras please." She started moving papers.

"I don't have to show you anything." Kendall laughed.

"Well, Kaid's test scores are the highest you've ever had in this building, and it caused you to be one of the highest ranking schools in the district. Sparking your enrollment, you don't want that to just...disappear." She was glaring daggers at Kendall.

"The cameras are on the screen behind you." She pulled them up and rewinded back to the time the fight happened. I looked at Kendall and his only focus was that screen that displayed the fight. There we saw Kaid, at his locker getting things, when this bigger boy came up and out of nowhere punched him in the face. Kendall turned back around.

"Would you look at that. I suggest you revoke all those detentions my son was wrongfully given, come on Kaid, we're done here." She scoffed.

"What, you're not gonna stay and make sure that I actually revoke the detentions off his record?" Kendall turned back around and smirked at her.

"Oh I don't have to stay here, because I know that you will take those detentions off, because you know what's at stake. Have a nice day Principal Johnson." He walked out the room holding Kaid's hand in his.

Hope you liked it. Until Next Time.

BTROFFICIAL