Chapter Twenty Nine: Sleeping Smiles

"Anton! We were just talking about dinner. Are you ready?" I jumped in before Hannah smacked Anton and gave everything away. Hannah shot me a thankful look and crossed her arms over her chest.

Anton quirked and eyebrow up and nodded. "Yeah sure, let's go," he said. "Where is Ty?"

"He was just resting today but he should be out any minute now. I'll wait for him, you guys go ahead." I waved my hand, shooing them down the hall. They nodded and started down the hallway, towards the dining room.

I leaned against the wall for a few minutes until a rattling noise grabbed my attention. Ty's door slid open and he came out from the room in a dark red t-shirt, a pair of dark denim jeans and his black leather jacket.

The corners of his lips flicked up into a smile when he seen me and he leaned down to kiss me. After a few seconds I pulled myself closer to him and rested my head on his chest. "Feeling any better?" I whispered.

"Yeah, that stupid virus took a lot out of me but I'm good now," Ty grumbled. I pushed a strand of dark hair away from his eye and pecked him on the cheek.

"Let's go eat dinner. We have a big night," I announced.

Ty furrowed his eyebrows. "We do?"

I sighed. "Yes we do. I told Hannah about Matthew and tonight we, meaning all three of us, are going to tell Bert and Whitney."

Ty hummed in response, tightening his grip around me. "How did Hannah take the news?"

"I don't know. I don't think everything has fully registered yet, but I know she will be okay." I shrugged my shoulders. Ty dropped the subject as we entered the dining room. Everyone was already seated, including Bert, Whitney, and Kyran.

We took our seats to the left of the table. My stomach growled, reminding me of how hungry I was. A waiter staggered out of the kitchen holding three silver trays and pushing a cart along with his foot.

I held back a laugh as the waiter almost tripped. Finally, he got the food over to the table and began placing the platters and dishes in their places on the table. Like every night, the meal was huge and extravagant.

"I hope you all like shrimp, because we've got a bucket full, literally," Whitney said. She scrunched up her nose while lifting a lid of one of the trays revealing a pan filled with pasta and pink shrimp.

Anton and Hannah both dived right into the food, Kyran and Ty following closely behind. Bert chuckled, snatching the serving spoon from Ty's hands and plopping some pasta on to his own plate. Meanwhile, Whitney and I gave each other a similar disgusted look while dishing ourselves up salad and rolls.

Dinner went relatively quickly. Before I knew it the the clumsy waiter was coming towards us balancing a tray with coffee on it and another with cherry pie. We scarfed down the dessert quickly.

After finishing all the food, which there seemed to be a never ending supply of, Anton excused himself from the table. He claimed he was exhausted from training earlier and was going to hit the hay early. I didn't believe a word he said but it didn't matter to me right now. This was the perfect chance to tell Bert and Whitney about Matthew.

Hannah seemed to have the same idea as me, because she cleared her throat in attempt to get everyone remaining at the tables attention. "Bert, Whitney, we have to tell you something." She announced, sending me a glance encouraging me to explain.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I then went on to explain the entire story to Bert and Whitney. Throughout the story Bert looked worried and confused while Whitney seemed hurt and fearful. But the person who was surprising me most was Kyran. He looked like he was about ready to deck someone.

I ignored that though and waited for Whitney and Bert to answer me. They took a while to process the information, but soon after Bert jumped into action.

"We have to figure out where Matthew is being held, and to do that we have to know who Anton's boss is."

"Well Anton isn't going to just tell us!" Kyran mumbled with frustration.

"Bert, has Anton mentioned any names or places to you?" I asked. Bert answered me with a shake of his head. My lips tipped down into a frown.

"I have an idea! Anton doesn't know Hannah knows about him, so we could use that you our advantage. Hannah, you could try to get answers from him by just spending time with him!" Kyran exclaimed.

Bert thought about it for a moment, and nodded. "He's right. That's probably our best bet right now, but be careful Hannah. Anton can't be suspicious of you."

Hannah nodded in agreement, tucking a strand of blond hair behind her ear. I felt something warm across my shoulder and realized it was Ty's arm. He pulled me into his side and suddenly I heard his voice.

Where is Anton right now?

I don't know. I haven't seen him since dinner. I answered. Ty frowned but didn't say anything more.

"I'm sorry guys but we will have to wait it out until we get anymore information. We can't rescue Matthew yet," Whitney said. That was the truth, and it killed me.

Slowly, we all dispersed, going our separate ways. I was exhausted, and my mind was spinning. Dragging my feet across the carpet, I headed to my room with Ty trailing behind me.

"You wanna watch a movie?" I asked. Ty mumbled a 'sure' and entered my room right behind me. He veered off into the kitchen to grab two sodas and make popcorn. I snatched the black remote off my bed and flicked the t.v on.

"Comedy? Action?" I called out. After hearing a few bowls scraping against each other and some shuffling, Ty poked his head out of the mini kitchen.

"Comedy," he said. I nodded, flipping through the choices. Ty disappeared back into the kitchen again.

Just as I was about to click on a movie, my phone screen lit up. I narrowed my eyes, picking it up with my free hand and swiping my screen. I pressed end call, not wanting to talk to anyone. I wanted tonight to just be me and Ty. I pressed my thumb down on the power button and watched the screen darken.

I tossed the device to the end of my bed and curled up under the covers. Ty entered with a huge bowl of popcorn and two cokes. I grinned at him, snatching a Coke from his hand. He rolled his eyes at my greediness, but was grinning too.

He climbed in the bed and propped up the pillows so he could be comfortable. His arm snuck around my waist and he tugged me into his side, so I could lay my had on his chest and he could lay his on my head.

I pressed play and let the movie begin. Ty reached down and intertwined his fu gets with mine. We sat like that through the whole movie. I could feels his chest vibrate every time he laughed and couldn't help but think this was perfect.

Tonight was perfect. All we did was laugh and talk, like normal people. I just wished it could stay that way. I wished Hannah could have her relationship with Anton, and it be perfect without Anton being a traitor.

I wish Matthew could be with us too, without a cast or the scarring memories of our father. But none of that was ever going to happen. This was our reality, our life. And as much as I hoped and wished, I knew that wasn't going to change. We weren't going to have a normal life for a very long time.

I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier as I drifted off to those thoughts. Slowly, my eyes shut and I drifted off to sleep in Ty's arms. That alone was enough to overcome the other thoughts as a small smile formed on my lips, as I slept.

I am so sorry! It has been to long since I updated. I was having awful writers block but I'm back. Here is chapter twenty nine! We are almost to thirty chapters! Woah!

Let me know what you thought! Vote, comment, and share! Have a beautiful day!