A whole new level of "coming out of the closet"

Guys.

Guys.

HOLY FRAG - GUYS!

GUYSGUYSGUYS

I TOLD TWO OF MY REAL LIFE BESTIES.

THAT I'M GAY.

And they accept me for who I am. <:3

THANK THE MIGHTY COOKIE. SHEETS ARE BEAUTIFUL RIGHT NOW, OHMAI.

I SPELLED "RIGHT" WRONG.

Hehehe~

So, this how I told the first best friend (I'm going to be calling her Marie Anne in here, but that is not her real name):

We're sitting in class and are chatting (this is in homeroom, where we have - at the beginning of the school day - 20 to 25 minutes of free time) when the both of us have run out of things to talk about. So, it seems like the perfect time to tell Marie Anne about me being, well... bisexual.

"Um, I have something to say, but I... I don't.. I don't know how to, uh.... say it," I say hesitantly, shyly. (of course, this isn't word-for-word, but close enough to what I said)

Marie Anne stares at me with curiosity. I look at anywhere but her, fingers nervously playing with my lanyard.

"So, I have..," here, I struggle to come up with something,"to say something. There's this friend that you have... that wanted me to tell you that..... they're gay."

"What?" she asks, slightly shocked, but mostly surprised. "Wait, is it a girl?" I ignore her question, quickly glancing at her. Marie Anne's eyes are wide, mouth slightly parted.

"Well, uh, first of all, are you... are you against, like, that kind of stuff?"

She says no, along with some other things that I can't remember. I say something just as Marie Anne begins to say something,

"Oh, it's me."

And I finally meet her gaze. For just a second, Marie Anne looks flabbergasted, but she recovers quickly and tells me something positive. Then, she tells me that she would never judge me, sounding completely genuine and definitely sincere (that was such a nice thing to hear, honestly). And she, for several minutes, as we talk about gayness, keeps reassuring me that she would never judge me about it and such.

And even though I knew that from the second she told me that she accepted my being gay, it was really... calming and soothing to hear her say that multiple times. It comforted me, you know?

Now I feel really emotional. ;~;

But then, after I told Marie Anne and she accepted me, this great feeling of relief and happiness and giddiness slid over me. So much so that these emotions overwhelmed me, making me jittery and hyper. My mind even blanked, but I was still able to comprehend the things said to me and around me, along with speak. I just couldn't think for a few seconds. And lemme tell you, that was an absolutely amazing feeling to go through. I fully recommend it, man. :3

THE SECOND I-AM-GAY TELLING (this bestie will be called Ellie on here):

The school day has just ended, and I am standing by Marie Anne's locker, waiting for our other friends to meet up with us. Ellie is already there with Mary Anne and I, so, with confidence, I grab her by the arm and pull her aside. I inhale deeply and can't help but smile nervously.

"Ellie, I need to tell you something," I tell her quite bravely. Mary Anne had poked around a little bit during the day and made sure for me that Ellie would also accept me for who I am.

"Okay. What?"

My voice lowers. "I'm gay." Ellie can't hear me, however, and leans forward.

"What?"

So, I repeat: "I'm gay."

Ellie stares at me. "...what? Is this, like, a joke?" she asks, unbelieving.

I shake my head, still smiling nervously. "I'm gay." Ellie smiles at me and says, and this is word-for-word, for I will always remember these words and the sincerity in them,

"I accept you for who you are."

At this, I beam at her and can't help but hug her. Over her shoulder, I spot Marie Anne, and our eyes meet. I grin at her and nod, sending her a thumbs up sign at her questioning look. She grins back at me, sending back her own thumbs up sign.

It's nice that people in real life finally know that I'm bisexual, or at least know that I'm into ze gurls. :3