Clothes

Once upon a time, I wore bright clothes to school.
~~~~~
I nervously grabbed the books for my first three classes. I bit my bottom and top lips repeatedly and the insides of my cheeks, a nervous habit of mine. I glanced down at my unusually bright clothes every few seconds. I shut my locker, feeling shy and self conscious.

Suddenly, one of my besties came up to me and complimented my unusually bright clothes. I give her a small smile, licking my lips. "Thanks. I really needed a compliment. I have a feeling some people won't really like these new clothes."

~Time skip to Core/Period 2~

"Felina... what are you wearing?" one of my more closer friends had said. I looked down at my bright outfit. "Uh... Clothes?" I said it with a "duh" tone. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah...," I replied. She shook her head. "No, you're not. You're wearing bright clothes. You always wear dark clothes."

I realized that what she was saying was true. I mostly wore dark things. Basically because I looked good in dark colors and I liked dark colors.

I merely shrugged in return. "I like you better in dark clothes," she said honestly. "Cool," I said, not really knowing what to say. I didn't let her comment bother me much. She wears entitled to her opinion. It didn't matter if she didn't like the clothes I was wearing. It only mattered that I was comfortable in said clothes.

Which I was.