3) River Flows In You

Start from the beginning

"Yeah? How do you know him anyway?" She mumbled still glaring at me.

I shrugged "We went to high school together. He is actually one of Will's best friends, although he is a year older than us which meant he graduated before Will went all crazy. He is really smart, got a scholarship to Harvard and moved to America. I haven't seen him since"

Her eyes turned into slits "What else?"

"There is nothing else!" I shouted aggravated.

"Cassandra Mary Dean, soon to be Felton, Tell me Everything now!"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, sighing "So I use to like him, when I was like sixteen, so what?"

"I knew it!" She yelled in anything but excitement.

"What? That was a long time ago, and he never liked me back anyway. It's History, in the past. Stop acting like I cheated!"

"You basically did!"

Now she is starting to piss me off. "No I didn't! I use to like him as in freaking past tense Emma. Geez take a chill pill" I pulled up into the drive way and turned off the car. "Now don't say anything to Tom about this" I warned her.

She began to glare again "Oh yeah and why am I not allowed to tell Tom?"

I groaned "Because knowing you, you will make it sound like I am cheating on him, when I'm not! And he doesn't need to think about stuff that is never going to happen! So just shut up about it!" I slammed my car door shut and walked towards the house, feeling very agitated.

Ugh. I rubbed my head. That was a couple of weeks ago before she and Tom left. Emma and I had not really talked since then. She was completely over reacting though.

Blake Wes was Just. A. Friend. Why couldn't she see that? I kept replaying the scene in my head repeatedly, I wasn't even flirting with the damn guy and Emma goes bezerk? It made my blood boil, that she would actually think that I would do that to Tom.

I'm not going to lie. Blake was very attractive, with his chocolate brown hair and piercing green eyes, and especially the little scruff on his cheeks...I shook my head. Emma just doesn't understand that, once I started going out with Will; I completely stopped thinking about Blake in that sort of way. Then he left...That was then and this was now.

Maybe I would get to see him again. He had to live somewhere around here. Was it bad that the thought of seeing him again, made me happier than I had been in days? Just a friend...

Half way through watching Alice in Wonderland, I turned off the television. Johnny Depp was just creeping me out. I decided that I would go and check my phone again...just in case.

Nope, nothing. I mean I know that Tom is occupied, but is it too much to ask for a simple 'Happy Birthday' text?

I sighed and turned on my laptop, checking my email. Only the annual Happy Birthday message from Clay and Carson...which wasn't much.

I spun around in the rollie chair, for I don't know how long. Images started blurring together, and I didn't even realize how dizzy I was until I stopped and I thought I was going blind.

"I think this is the most pathetic Birthday in the history of forever, Timber" The brown eyed dog looked sideways at me with his head resting between his paws.

My phone buzzed suddenly, and I leaped up to grab it. A smile slipped onto my face, until I saw the caller i.d. Instead of 'Tommy boy' it was 'Blake' and my heart sank a little.