ı 17 ı Prom Crashers

˙ ˙ ˙

"Something happens when everybody finds out, see the vultures circling dark clouds."

˙ ˙ ˙

'WOULD YOU  mind repeating that, please?" Damon asks in fury as we sit in the living room in the early morning. "Maybe in English this time?"

"Oh sorry, was I speaking sarcasm again? My bad," I scoff, holding back Theo who so badly wants to jump off the couch.

"Blair," Stefan warns.

I shake my head. "What's the big deal with the fact that I let Elijah take the cure? It's safe, Katherine doesn't have it, no one has taken it. He said we would talk about it when the time came," I say, defending myself.

"Meanwhile his sister wants it, so what's to say he doesn't just give Rebekah the cure? Elena doesn't want it with her humanity off!" Damon yells in anger.

I scoff and shake my head, letting Theo go while I prepare for an argument. "Go see James, Theo," I say, directing the little guy to James who sits opposite to me. After Theo successfully walks over to James, he lifts him up and sets him on his lap while I stand up in front of Damon.

"Elena having her humanity switch off doesn't give you the right to make such a big decision for her. She doesn't want it, so let her be. Meanwhile Elijah will keep the cure safe!" I argue.

"He's an original!" Damon yells.

"He's also my friend. I trust him, and I trust that he will do nothing with the cure than keep it safe. Sure he loves his sister, but he also respects our requests," James says, speaking up.

"What about Silas? Silas got to Klaus, who's to say he won't get to Elijah? Who's to say a brainwashed Klaus won't deliver the cure to Silas himself?" Damon questions.

"Who's to say Silas won't play tricks with us? He could more easily take the cure from us than from an original," I say, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Blair is right," James says.

Damon laughs. "Why are you guys always defending each other? Are you two like a thing now?" he asks with a laugh, but it soon turns to a stern glare when neither James nor I answer. "Wait, have you two slept together?" he asks with a raised brow.

"Damon, that's not really your business," Stefan comments, glancing warily at me.

"Like hell it is, she's our sister," Damon growls.

"Yes, James and I are a thing, and if you have a problem with that then too bad," I say stubbornly.

Damon glares at James and I before bursting out laughing. "I'm just messing with you two. I'm actually relieved really, I mean for a while there I didn't think Blair was into men based on how long it took for you to actually admit your feeling for each other," Damon says, amusing himself.

"Hey!" I yell playfully. "At least it's with your long time friend than enemy. Klaus has been hitting on me for a while," I remark.

"I think we all noticed except for you," Damon jokes.

"Just be thankful he gave me my memories back," I say with a shake of my head.

"Amen to that," Stefan agrees, raising his glass of bourbon. He then passes out several bourbon filled glasses as we all have a mini celebration of the return of my memories, and the announcement of James's and I's relationship status.