ı 01 ı Lost Cause

˙ ˙ ˙
"Deep down I must have always known that this would be inevitable. To earn my stripes I'd have to pay and bare my soul."
˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

"Please. Please don't do this."

I shove her hard into a chair, forcing her to sit. Stefan deals with the other young woman, holding her by the neck as she screams and cries in fear.

I turn my head in disgust as he plunges his teeth into her neck, directly in her vein. I never learned how to do something like that, but I know he had learned it from his years of being a ripper.

As I've been told, it took Stefan several years to put himself back together from his ripper rampage. Years and years of fighting the urge for blood and he's gotten so far, only to be torn apart again.

All the years of refusing human blood, only for it to be thrown in his face is something I never wanted to see him go through.

The worst part is, I can tell he's enjoying it. The veins and lust in his eyes disgusts me and I fear of what I will become knowing the ripper gene runs through my veins.

"Please don't!" the girl in front of me screams.

I turn to her, looking into her desperate eyes, pleading me to let her go. She's desperate, and I'm a lost cause. Her and I are the same whether she knows it or not; I'm desperate, scared, and a dead girl just as much as she is.

"I'm sorry," I say, my lips trembling.

I stare at her one last time before I hesitantly plunge my fangs into her neck, fighting the urge to throw up as I drain every drop of blood from her body. Just as I feel her heart getting weaker, I hand her weak body to Stefan who finishes her off, just like he has with every victim of mine.

I'm too weak to kill someone, a human

I'm too weak to kill someone, a human. I never have, and I'm scared to. Killing Rose was hard enough. So I leave the killing to Stefan. Klaus doesn't know that I haven't killed any human, but I know I can't hide the truth forever.

I dread the day when he finds out.

JAMES POV

"Get dressed," I say, as I throw a glass bottle of vervain into the tub of water Damon is currently relaxing in.

"Hey!" he shouts, scrambling to get out of the tub before the bottle breaks and explodes. I avert my eyes and walk towards his bed before I see something I can't un-see.

"That could've killed me!" he yells, his voice filled with anger. Nothing gives me more pleasure than hearing Damon Salvatore pissed.

"It wouldn't have killed you, but it would have hurt," I remark as I lay out a map onto his bed. On it lays the several destinations of reported animal attacks, also known as the whereabouts of Blair and Stefan.